• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

I sent in a single "standard" submission on 4/8. Parts of 11 business days and it has not been "scheduled for grading" yet. I checked 5 minutes ago and it has not even gone through the resto check.

Lets see if I can pick it up this Friday.

Went to "scheduled for grading today". 13 business days.

:banana:

To be "on time" they would have to grade/quality control and ship" by tomorrow.

Business day 16. Still sitting at scheduled for grading on a 15 day submission. I would imagine I will not be getting a grade on this single book until early next week. Figuring that it should be done by business day 22-23. That's late by 32%.

Not a complaint, just stating what it is.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's complaining. :baiting:

any reason why can't they email grades when the book is in QC before I call them and ask? Seems the grade is done, the book is encapusaleted anything in QC would be to just get the grade right on the label, nothing will change from the grade report. I've got buyers waiting

Edited by red rocks

any reason why can't they email grades when the book is in QC before I call them and ask? Seems the grade is done, the book is encapusaleted anything in QC would be to just get the grade right on the label, nothing will change from the grade report. I've got buyers waiting

You might as well be asking for free grader's notes...

:whistle:

-slym

If you call them and ask for the grades when the status says graded/ quality control will they give it to you?

Received at CGC 3/21/13

Sitting in Quality Control as of 4/30/13

Paid for Value Fast Track.... 20 days was the turnaround time...

I know for a fact there are others who posted on this board that sent theirs in after me and have them back or are on their way back..seems like theres no method to the madness or certain people may have priority over others who pay for fast track service.

Its making me highly consider not grading. First time sending books for grades and its been a horrible experience with the wait. Why did I pay extra?

Received at CGC 3/21/13

I know for a fact there are others who posted on this board that sent theirs in after me and have them back or are on their way back..seems like theres no method to the madness or certain people may have priority over others who pay for fast track service.

Its making me highly consider not grading. First time sending books for grades and its been a horrible experience with the wait. Why did I pay extra?

I assure you there's no preferential treatment. I'd side more with the no method to the madness theory.

Received at CGC 3/21/13

You paid extra because the standard economy service would be at least three months. You should call them and ask if they can't bust them out of QC.

Received at CGC 3/21/13

I assure you there's no preferential treatment. I'd side more with the no method to the madness theory.

Liam how can you say that. You dont work for them or do you know someone that told you that?

Received at CGC 3/21/13

Liam how can you say that. You dont work for them or do you know someone that told you that?

Ask anyone who subs a lot of books to CGC - there's no preferential treatment.

I had two different 30 book modern FT invoices from ECCC; one sat around for almost 10 days longer than the other one, even though they were subbed at the same time and under the same tier.

CGC is trying to get books out the door as fast as possible right now which is why we're seeing books received on the same day ship out at varying intervals.

Received at CGC 3/21/13

Ask anyone who subs a lot of books to CGC - there's no preferential treatment.

I had two different 30 book modern FT invoices from ECCC; one sat around for almost 10 days longer than the other one, even though they were subbed at the same time and under the same tier.

CGC is trying to get books out the door as fast as possible right now which is why we're seeing books received on the same day ship out at varying intervals.

+1

my prescreens leave at different times. i have 6 invoices at cgc right now, all received at the same time. 4 are modern fast tracks 1 is economy fast track and the other is standard. 1 of the modern fast tracks is coming back and the others are still there. i sub a lot and i don't get preferred treatment. they really are working to get it under control, not there yet but working on it. still would be nice to get rebates though :tonofbricks:

Received at CGC 3/21/13

Because some of CGC's biggest customers are having similar problems. We're lucky to be among the elite here and more cash in CGC's pockets does not equal faster service. You might also notice that those who send in a lot of books use higher tiers than Economy and Modern.

Michael, how many books do you send to CGC?