• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

Modern FT received 4/23. They havent even looked at them yet and once again "great" customer service. She sounded like I was bothering her and again had the "deal with it" attitude.

And queue the CGC apologist to now post how we are being unreasonable and should thank the gods that we are even allowed to submit items to CGC.....

Modern FT received 4/23. They havent even looked at them yet and once again "great" customer service. She sounded like I was bothering her and again had the "deal with it" attitude.

Let me guess - you were just as "friendly" over the phone as you were in this post, right?

Let me guess - you were just as "friendly" over the phone as you were in this post, right?

not an apologist, but waiting is the name of the game now. occupy your time with some other stuff. what i do is submit every other week or so. that way i always have books coming back and can only complain a little.

Actually I was because I'm not going to give them the excuse of reacting to my tone. So in a word, yes, I was very friendly because I wanted to see how they would genuinely react. I understand and accept waiting, I don't accept them quoting it at 10 business days, taking double or triple that time (or more) and not refunding or crediting you the money paid to "rush" the order. And the icing is their nonchalant "sucks for you" attitude they take when the customer calls.

Btw, tone/mood cannot be interpreted over text, at least not without exclamation points or caps lock. Therefore your comment is ridiculous as it is impossible for you to interpret my "written voice" but thanks for playing.

Actually I was because I'm not going to give them the excuse of reacting to my tone. So in a word, yes, I was very friendly because I wanted to see how they would genuinely react. I understand and accept waiting, I don't accept them quoting it at 10 business days, taking double or triple that time (or more) and not refunding or crediting you the money paid to "rush" the order. And the icing is their nonchalant "sucks for you" attitude they take when the customer calls.

Right off the bat, ask "and who is the customer service rep I have the pleasure of speaking with today?"

Getting their name first might make a difference in how they treat you, as they probably don't want you telling a supervisor above them that they treated you poorly.

-slym

Which tells me I call too much since I know most, if not all, by their voice. Quite a few of them actually open with their name when answering the phone. :)

Btw, tone/mood cannot be interpreted over text, at least not without exclamation points or caps lock. Therefore your comment is ridiculous as it is impossible for you to interpret my "written voice" but thanks for playing.

right on Stanley1883, Msschmidt sounds dooshy in protecting CGC even though you paid for a service and did receive it....

Imagine if companies like McDonalds, or Starbucks, or Movie Theatres pulled this...

we would not be backing them,,,,

That's not true.

right on Stanley1883, Msschmidt sounds dooshy in protecting CGC even though you paid for a service and did receive it....

Imagine if companies like McDonalds, or Starbucks, or Movie Theatres pulled this...

imagine if there were 200,000 hamburgers ahead of yours

Edited by youmechoose

I want fast food.

I don't want fast grading.

When he called CGC his modern FT submission wasn't late yet :gossip:

When he called CGC his modern FT submission wasn't late yet :gossip:

Not to mention, leaving out Fridays for Cons, CGC has only had the books for seven business days..... yep, they're really running behind. :facepalm:

You have to love these noobs who can't even wait ten business days before they start calling CGC to whine and cry about their submissions running late. :screwy:

I want fast food.

I don't want fast grading.

I want both! :sumo:

Your right we still back the companies but we don't have to smile about it. As far as me paying for the service and receiving it, that still remains to be seen. Technically, I paid for a 10 day turnaround time as that's what they quote, now if it take's considerably longer, the argument can be made that I did not receive what I paid for. Consider your McDonalds analogy, if you order and pay for a Big Mac and receive a Cheeseburger, did you get what you paid for? Same principle, I paid more for extra and in my case the extra is speed, if I don't receive the "extra" why should I have to pay the "extra" price?

Again, let me disclaim that at the time of this post, my order is NOT late and my conversation is based on the hypothetical situation of my order actually being late. Please note the "if" and "remains to be seen" usage. Nowhere did I say (or cry) about my order being late.