• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

The competition isn't exactly The Flash when it comes to TATs either.

If their advertised TAT's are accurate then there are very fast options.

They aren't accurate.

Received 4/8/15 - regular modern track submission including my copy of BA12!!

....received......

5/2/15

:P

You mean the received date was changed? hm

That would be interesting!

No, just stuck on received for going on a month is all...

Modern SS FT: (Subbed at ECCC)

Received: 4/2

Verified: 4/17

Scheduled for Grading: 4/23

Graded: 4/28 (I can see 2 grader notes)

Quality Control: 5/1

Shipped: 5/2 :applause:

Modern FT: (Subbed at ECCC)

Received: 4/3

Verified: 4/20

Scheduled for Grading: 4/23

Graded: 4/30 (No grader notes available)

Quality Control: 5/6

Shipped: 5/7 :banana:

Edited by John91C

I have 3 submissions in CGC since the beginning of March, the two modern prescreens are still in received, while the value tier prescreens just hit verified. They are really slammed with moderns.

I have 3 submissions in CGC since the beginning of March, the two modern prescreens are still in received, while the value tier prescreens just hit verified. They are really slammed with moderns.

The moderns just hit verified.

I have modern fast track books that were dropped off at Mega-Con that were just verified. Normally they would be graded and shipped by now.

Looks like it's going to be a long summer.

As a customer, I don't want grading that is too tight or too loose. I want grading that is consistent and correct.

The grading coming out of CGC right now is brutal.

This. A hundred times this. Not sure I've ever complained about grading. I've missed stuff. But I have 2 subs done without a prescreen because I figured every book at least a 9.6, with most a 9.8. Most are 9.6 with a couple 9.4s and 9.2s. I can't imagine what a 9.9 looks like now. The requirements for a 9.8 have gone up substantially.

As a customer, I don't want grading that is too tight or too loose. I want grading that is consistent and correct.

This. A hundred times this. Not sure I've ever complained about grading. I've missed stuff. But I have 2 subs done without a prescreen because I figured every book at least a 9.6, with most a 9.8. Most are 9.6 with a couple 9.4s and 9.2s. I can't imagine what a 9.9 looks like now. The requirements for a 9.8 have gone up substantially.

what tiers are you guys talking about, and is this in the past year? past 3 months?

I sent in a book that was received on 1/26/2015. The book was sent in with the March Madness books. The book needed a press from CCS.

It just went to Verified last week.

I'm actually, glad to hear about the tight grading. As a buyer, I am now getting what I pay for. I think CGC went terribly soft a few years ago and it influenced our personal grading. We starting grading soft also. Now, CGC has finally tightened up. Maybe a 9.8 will now look like a near flawless book, this is the way it should be. Kudos to CGC !!! Tight grading is good for the hobby.

I'm actually, glad to hear about the tight grading. As a buyer, I am now getting what I pay for. I think CGC went terribly soft a few years ago and it influenced our personal grading. We starting grading soft also. Now, CGC has finally tightened up. Maybe a 9.8 will now look like a near flawless book, this is the way it should be. Kudos to CGC !!! Tight grading is good for the hobby.

Tight or loose, just be consistent. Right now, they're not consistent. I'm still talking about nearly flawless books or else I wouldn't sub them without a prescreen if it mattered. I'm not just talking sour grapes here.