• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,993 posts in this topic

25 Modern

6/21: Delivered

8/19: Received

8/19: SFG

12/22: GEI

12/27: G/QC

12/27: Shipped :banana: 128 days

1/5: Delivered

16 Modern

6/21: Delivered

8/19: Received

8/19: SFG

12/17: GEI

12/17: G/QC

12/20: Shipped :banana: 124 days

12/27: Delivered

25 Modern Fast Track

12/3 Delivered to CGC

12/8 Received

12/8 SFG

12/23: GEI

1 Mechanical Error

1/10: Delivered to CGC

1/13: SFG

Must be that SFG is a place holder for Mechanical Errors?  It was just a label error.

On 1/13/2022 at 7:59 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Sienkiewicz remarque w/press went to Grading/QC today, then to QC/Finalized (a status I've never seen before), then a few hours later went back to Grading/QC... 😣

:pullhair:

Let's hope they caught an error on the label so you don't have to return it later.

On 1/13/2022 at 4:43 PM, Drummy said:

Well, if their plan is to 'follow the money', they are doing well with their Walkthru service.  The website said 9 days wait time when I sent my book, it arrived 1/10, and today (1/13) I got the image of the graded book.   So...huzzah? (:

Dan

Can't really argue with a plan to 'follow the money'.  They are a for-profit business so it sure makes more sense getting paid for a walk through book with a minimum charge of $150 than do deal with a pile of $22 books.  Sure, you might say that they make more on a 25 book submission of $22 books, but I'm sure that when you break down the cost of 1) processing time, 2 ) grading time, 3) encapsulation time, 4) encapsulation material cost, 5) shipping material cost then they likely net far, far more on that $150+ walk through book.  

12 Modern  (Currently ~ 131 business days, TAT 128)

• Delivered  7/14/21
  • SFG  9/2/21
  • G/E/I  1/13/22

25 Modern Prescreen  (Currently ~ 131 business days, TAT 143)

• Delivered  7/14/21
  • SFG  9/2/21
  • G/E/I  1/11/2022

25 Modern Prescreen  (Currently ~ 101 business days, TAT 143)

• Delivered  8/25/21
  • SFG  9/30/21

12 Modern  (Currently ~ 37 business days, TAT 128)

• Delivered  11/22/21
  • SFG  11/29/21

25 Modern Prescreen  (Currently ~ 25 business days, TAT 143)

• Delivered 12/9/21
  • SFG  12/14/21

19 Modern Prescreen  (Currently ~ 25 business days, TAT 143)

• Delivered 12/9/21
  • SFG  12/14/21

On 1/13/2022 at 3:22 PM, eddly said:

The way I imagined this working is that modern submissions are assigned to each grader (scheduled for grading). When new submissions come in, perhaps a grader that usually does standard submissions agrees to do a modern submission quickly (perhaps because they want to get modern tats down). That grader can’t take a submission that is already assigned to a modern grader so they have to take one of the new submissions that has just come in. 

I assume they still have 3 graders review every book.  At least I hope that is still the case. 

These books were sent in the same box back in May, lost in the warehouse, then "Received" on 8/11/21...

MODERN

• RECEIVED: 8/11/21
  • 25 Books
  • SHIPPED: 12/8/21

MODERN

• RECEIVED: 8/11/21
  • 9 Books
  • G/E/I
I don't know what is going on at CGC, but the issues I'm seeing tell me they really need to bring in a Japanese Kaizen expert to review their broken processes. 

See the source image

On 1/14/2022 at 10:51 AM, cd4ever said:

I assume they still have 3 graders review every book.  At least I hope that is still the case. 

My gut tells me they want to avoid storing new stuff on top of old stuff as much as possible. Sort of like grabbing the recently purchased milk carton from the front of the fridge instead of the smelly week old one sitting way in the back.

For clarification for the 24 and 1 subs, apparently Joey replaced an inferior book in the 24 sub (submitted with him with 25 books) with a book that I didn't really own.

CGC when the entered it included the pulled book and then created this one book invoice.

However, they then verified that one of the other book was pulled so it's down to 24.

I got CGC Mike to check with CS for me that they said that they have tagged the two invoices together so they will ship together apparently.

At least they can't charge me an extra $5 cuz it's one $5 charge per packing slip per tier.

Hope that every goes well in the future whenever that is cuz it's unknown

xoxo

greggy

7 Fast Track Modern

Delivered: 01/06

Received:  01/12

G/E/I:     01/14

G/Q:

Shipped:

1 Fast Track Modern with CCS Fast Track Pressing

Delivered: 09/03

Received:  09/07

CCS:       09/20

G/E/I:     01/06

G/Q:       01/12

Shipped:

On 1/14/2022 at 12:23 PM, greggy said:

I got CGC Mike to check with CS for me that they said that they have tagged the two invoices together so they will ship together apparently.

Do we all have unrestricted access to CGC Mike? I'd like him to check on a few of my Modern sub...

Any relation?

See the source image

On 1/14/2022 at 4:11 PM, greggy said:

Gimme your Prison Mike rap

Drop a beat...

"Close your eyes.

Picture a convict.

What’s he wearing?

Nothing special – baseball cap on backward, baggy pants.

He says something ordinary like, “Yo, that’s shizzle”.

Okay, now slowly open your eyes again.

Who are you picturing?

A black man?

Wrong.

That was a white woman. Surprised?

Well, shame on you."

Peace out....Prison Mike...

Well, good, bad and decent news.

ME-Newton Rings on slab-Free reholder Detective Comics 1000 5/19 D.C. Comics ""2010's"" Variant Cover SIGNED BY GREG CAPULLO, JIM LEE, ALEX SINCLAIR, SCOTT SNYDER & SCOTT WILLIAMS ON 10/4/19

Good-arrived, 1/6/22, shipped 1/17/22

Bad-Got an email it would be deducted to a 9.6 because the back cover stuck, followed by another email "graders took a second look, gonna be a 9.4" ouch

Decent-They're compensating me for it

All in all, I won this book with a $10 raffle ticket, love Batman new 52 so it's staying in the PC. The big question is, would you have just put up with the newton rings?