• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,992 posts in this topic

On 1/14/2022 at 2:29 PM, AGGIEZ said:

Drop a beat...

"Close your eyes.

Picture a convict.

What’s he wearing?

Nothing special – baseball cap on backward, baggy pants.

He says something ordinary like, “Yo, that’s shizzle”.

Okay, now slowly open your eyes again.

Who are you picturing?

A black man?

Wrong.

That was a white woman. Surprised?

Well, shame on you."

Peace out....Prison Mike...

What's the worst part of prison?

On 1/14/2022 at 5:31 PM, Devin Colman said:

Well, good, bad and decent news.

ME-Newton Rings on slab-Free reholder Detective Comics 1000 5/19 D.C. Comics ""2010's"" Variant Cover SIGNED BY GREG CAPULLO, JIM LEE, ALEX SINCLAIR, SCOTT SNYDER & SCOTT WILLIAMS ON 10/4/19

Good-arrived, 1/6/22, shipped 1/17/22

Bad-Got an email it would be deducted to a 9.6 because the back cover stuck, followed by another email "graders took a second look, gonna be a 9.4" ouch

Decent-They're compensating me for it

All in all, I won this book with a $10 raffle ticket, love Batman new 52 so it's staying in the PC. The big question is, would you have just put up with the newton rings?

How do they determine how much to compensate you?

On 1/14/2022 at 5:31 PM, Devin Colman said:

ME-Newton Rings on slab-Free reholder Detective Comics 1000 5/19 D.C. Comics ""2010's"" Variant Cover SIGNED BY GREG CAPULLO, JIM LEE, ALEX SINCLAIR, SCOTT SNYDER & SCOTT WILLIAMS ON 10/4/19

Bad-Got an email it would be deducted to a 9.6 because the back cover stuck, followed by another email "graders took a second look, gonna be a 9.4" ouch

All in all, I won this book with a $10 raffle ticket, love Batman new 52 so it's staying in the PC. The big question is, would you have just put up with the newton rings?

Back cover stuck? What the hell is that? Is that them saying their slabs are ruining books?

On 1/14/2022 at 4:31 PM, Devin Colman said:

Yes, would have kept the Newton Rings… too risky these days to send any book back once you have it in hand. Personally only do a ME for cracks.  (Haven’t had a misslabeled book yet but am sure my time is coming.)

Hindsight is always 20/20 though… really sorry this happened to you!

On 1/13/2022 at 7:59 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Sienkiewicz remarque w/press went to Grading/QC today, then to QC/Finalized (a status I've never seen before), then a few hours later went back to Grading/QC... 😣

:pullhair:

And, real shocker here, still sitting at Grading/QC.

I think what irks me most is that they don't even address the situation... just business as usual... would it kill them to put out a press release with some explanations of why there are submissions from almost a year ago all still in limbo... nope, just keep checking out these shiny new signing events...

elephant-in-the-room.jpg

Can someone tell me if the following qualifies as a mechanical error?

So finally received my 25 modern submission (delivered to CGC late June, SFG 8/28/21). That's the good news. The bad news is that 2 came back with one of the bottom corners cracked despite being separate from each other by several books in the box. The cracks are identical in size and location. I can only assume this happened outside/before being packaged. The box is in good shape, no impact damage.

On 1/15/2022 at 9:08 AM, comixry said:

Can someone tell me if the following qualifies as a mechanical error?

So finally received my 25 modern submission (delivered to CGC late June, SFG 8/28/21). That's the good news. The bad news is that 2 came back with one of the bottom corners cracked despite being separate from each other by several books in the box. The cracks are identical in size and location. I can only assume this happened outside/before being packaged. The box is in good shape, no impact damage.

Yes. Contact customer service and they'll tell you how to return it for a re-holder. Send them photos.

Edited by Chazgee