• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,993 posts in this topic

On 1/15/2022 at 9:35 AM, eddly said:

image.thumb.png.9d2263f07b094c58d0e55f6ae3d83d88.png

Concerned?

AFAIK its still a federal offense to tamper with the US mail, so maybe it you live in the lawless Wild Wild West you should always ship USPS.  Then again, your guess is as good as mine as to whether or not this would actual deter anyone.  Guess your best bet is to make sure you have adequate insurance.  Or just keep your books at home and hope you don't get robbed.

On 1/15/2022 at 9:17 AM, comixry said:

Thanks. Will do. I just never experienced this before and thought it was weird when I discovered it. 

Be prepared to wait a stupidly long time for reholders. 

So, I was checking the verification entries on my Modern submission that shipped on 12/13/21. All the books from that submission were graded on 10/04/21. PSA - it takes about 10 weeks from when they're graded to ship them out.

On 10/25/2021 at 4:22 PM, SargenticusV said:

...Sent my first submission (and quite possibly last) of 20 books on 3/5/21.  It landed in Sarasota on the 8th, was finally confirmed as delivered by USPS tracking on 4/1, and the order status has it marked as received by CCS on 4/3.  At that time the estimated TATs were ~108 (working) days for a "quickpress", and another ~51 days for Modern grading turnaround.  ...

For anyone interested, I was billed by CCS on 1/6/22.  That's a 10 month turnaround for pressing.   Submission Modern Grading tier, fwiw.   Ideally actual grading follows soon-ish.  

Just wondering.   Does a multi-tiered submission, say a couple of Express requests mixed in with a bunch of Modern/Economy in a single box marked on all sides with EX, speed up the process at all for the Modern/Economy TATs at all?  Anyone 'in the know' here?

Edited by SargenticusV

On 1/15/2022 at 3:32 PM, SargenticusV said:

Just wondering.   Does a multi-tiered submission, say a couple of Express requests mixed in with a bunch of Modern/Economy in a single box marked on all sides with EX, speed up the process at all for the Modern/Economy TATs at all?  Anyone 'in the know' here?

Months ago, Yes.  Currently really doesn't matter.  Maybe save 1-3 business days.

It just meant they would open your box and process the entire box with the Express or Walk though books, so yes for a while that did work.  

It would cut down on the modern/economy times by half since TaT' started the day your order was delivered to CGC, however now CGC stopped the "express trick."

I mean think about it logically.  If you submitted a EX or WK book it would be pretty dumb on CGC's part to open your box, pull out the EX (WK) book and tape the box back up and put at the end of the line.  Makes sense right?  More practical to process box entirely once opened for any reason.

Some people thought it was some kind of secret.  My response was anyone with some common sense could figure this out without any help from the secret underground society of CGC submitters.  :shy:

So as long as CGC keeps up with the mail call there is no need to do that anymore for most people.  

All CGC did was take the front end backup of the TaT train and bring to the rear.  

I am sure Blackstone consultants helped out with this one.

Right Blackstone? Yes John, so....

image.png.6dd7c79f0d2d9d10cbce9536e2c05dab.png

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 1/15/2022 at 6:35 AM, eddly said:

image.thumb.png.9d2263f07b094c58d0e55f6ae3d83d88.png

Concerned?

kinda concerned tbh

i live in LA county, and have a UPS order coming to me that is supposed to be delivered on monday.

there hasn't been any movement on the tracking since tuesday, and it was a departed scan.

i know companies are backed up right now because of the situation the world is in, but it's pretty nerve wracking knowing tracking hasn't updated in 5 days.

On 1/16/2022 at 6:29 AM, irishcritic said:

Has anyone had any movement on the old value tiers? Just curious. I’ve got one sitting since early May with no movement. 

My 5/6 ( delivered 7/6 ) has been sitting at Grading/QC since 11/15 with no movement... :(