• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,949 posts in this topic

On 1/13/2022 at 7:59 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Sienkiewicz remarque w/press went to Grading/QC today, then to QC/Finalized (a status I've never seen before), then a few hours later went back to Grading/QC... 😣

:pullhair:

And finally, moved to shipped today 01/20. (9.8, sweet!)

With CCS turnaround times constantly increasing, I get the feeling they'll hit 300 business days for slow moderns once they start going through packages received in early May (after the price hike). My 5 submissions delivered in early May (received in late June) will probably not see the light of day until 2023. I'm bracing myself for that 

Anyone know about what the average time frame a Modern Prescreen is staying in G/E/I status before moving to Grading Quality Status?  Mine has been in there since 1/11.  I know a few months ago they were staying in there for about 2 months.

As of 1/20/2021, If you're sending in Economy Submissions to CCS/CCG, you're now looking at 399 business days (217 days pressing + 182 days grading). When you factor in shipping time back to you, you can expect your books sometime in Q3 of 2023.  

This timeframe practically ensures two things:

1. People will still have a heavy financial stake in comic collecting for at least 2 more years.
  2. There will be a glut of newly-graded books, many of which were previously raw, that will slowly trickle onto the market.

Who knows how this will affect future value based on supply and demand.  But with these grading delays, forecasting book values out nearly 2 years will be more a "roll of the dice" than ever before.

On 1/20/2022 at 9:58 AM, Cool Ghoul said:

As of 1/20/2021, If you're sending in Economy Submissions to CCS/CCG, you're now looking at 399 business days (217 days pressing + 182 days grading). When you factor in shipping time back to you, you can expect your books sometime in Q3 of 2023.  

This timeframe practically ensures two things:

1. People will still have a heavy financial stake in comic collecting for at least 2 more years.
  2. There will be a glut of newly-graded books, many of which were previously raw, that will slowly trickle onto the market.

Who knows how this will affect future value based on supply and demand.  But with these grading delays, forecasting book values out nearly 2 years will be more a "roll of the dice" than ever before.

I think most people have already realized that there are other alternatives to CCS pressing than having to wait that long for future slow boat submissions. I still have 9 submissions with CCS, but my last 24 went somewhere else. Also, CGC does take into consideration CCS delays when grading books. Most of my older submissions got fast-tracked on the grading side once they left CCS.

On 1/20/2022 at 9:52 AM, J RANDALL said:

Anyone know about what the average time frame a Modern Prescreen is staying in G/E/I status before moving to Grading Quality Status?  Mine has been in there since 1/11.  I know a few months ago they were staying in there for about 2 months.

I would think 6 months or so based on current turnaround times. 

On 1/20/2022 at 2:02 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

Mine was right at about 2 months in G/E/I. So far it has been 4 days in Quality Control making sure all of the pubic hairs are out of the slabs.

Yeah I was confused...I was thing SFG. 

On 1/20/2022 at 6:39 PM, joeypost said:

I have a question regarding fast tracking options. You now pay $15.00 extra per book (minus any discount) to expedite a book. So any fast track books should get done before any books of the same tier that were sent in the same time or even much later. 

How many feel this is how they expect fast track to work? 

hand-up-raise-hand.gif.37055eda6af5b72620b60b02bda20c8b.gif

image0.thumb.jpeg.c3632f6a2f1bf6940ae493dc8e7d12d9.jpeg

Delivered 06/01, Received 08/03, was in G/E/I for 2 months and G/QC for 4 days. Shipped today. Right at about 7 1/2 months altogether

25/25 were 9.8 so definitely happy except that a bunch are now down in value from the long wait.

Edited by Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp
added results

I have a fast track modern pre screen from 11/10 that’s been graded for two months sitting at GEI, while a slow track modern pre screen from my account from 12/14 ships on 1/4.  I still have piles of slow track moderns from July August September October and November that sit. 

On 1/20/2022 at 6:39 PM, joeypost said:

I have a question regarding fast tracking options. You now pay $15.00 extra per book (minus any discount) to expedite a book. So any fast track books should get done before any books of the same tier that were sent in the same time or even much later. 

How many feel this is how they expect fast track to work? 

Not a trick question. I am going somewhere with this. 

This is (obviously) exactly how it should work.

So, where you going with this?