• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,949 posts in this topic

On 1/20/2022 at 8:29 PM, Fisionbomb said:

This is (obviously) exactly how it should work.

So, where you going with this?

I have books submitted in November as fast track modern that are still sitting in GEI. I dropped off books last Thursday, both modem and modern fast track. Some of those are already done, graded and shipped while books I paid extra to expedite have not moved. 

On 1/20/2022 at 8:53 PM, joeypost said:

I have books submitted in November as fast track modern that are still sitting in GEI. I dropped off books last Thursday, both modem and modern fast track. Some of those are already done, graded and shipped while books I paid extra to expedite have not moved. 

@CGC Mike  :baiting:

On 1/20/2022 at 7:53 PM, joeypost said:

They should refund those extra fees for expedited as they obviously did not provide the service you paid for.. 

Just my 2c

• Administrator

I'll send you a PM.

On 1/20/2022 at 8:58 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

They should refund those extra fees for expedited as they obviously did not provide the service you paid for.. 

Just my 2c

More interested in an answer. In most places, when you pay more, you expect to get what you pay for. When someone submits moderns and pays $24.00 and gets them back in a week, it makes you question the metrics used to keep track of the books customers paid $39.00 for that sit for months. 

On 1/20/2022 at 7:04 PM, joeypost said:

More interested in an answer. In most places, when you pay more, you expect to get what you pay for. When someone submits moderns and pays $24.00 and gets them back in a week, it makes you question the metrics used to keep track of the books customers paid $39.00 for that sit for months. 

You think CGC is using metrics at this point?

On 1/20/2022 at 8:04 PM, joeypost said:

I could not agree more! I really hope they get this resolved for you as I know you have been a big customer for them. 

I just want to say thank you for everything you have done for me. Tomorrow I will be getting back a book I sent to you and again you have worked that amazing magic on! 

Thank you !

This is wrong by my book.  There should be zero chance that a modern fast track submission made prior to a modern slow track is ever returned after the modern slow track.  And in the case where you have made multiple modern fast track submissions over a few months, then I would fully expect that these books would be returned in roughly chronological order (+/- a day or two).  If fast track does not work this way, then I'm not sure how CGC can legitimately offer this service without being in violation of false advertising laws.

Edited by Petroman

On 1/20/2022 at 6:53 PM, joeypost said:

Somethings wrong in the state of Denmark

On 1/20/2022 at 7:30 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

image0.thumb.jpeg.c3632f6a2f1bf6940ae493dc8e7d12d9.jpeg

Delivered 06/01, Received 08/03, was in G/E/I for 2 months and G/QC for 4 days. Shipped today. Right at about 7 1/2 months altogether

25/25 were 9.8 so definitely happy except that a bunch are now down in value from the long wait.

@CGC Mike tis my issue.  My books were delivered to CGC a full week before this and still sit at SFG :frustrated: 

Edited by Iceman399

On 1/20/2022 at 9:25 PM, zupaphly said:

Your, along with plenty of others first hand accounts are perfect examples that it's complete and total anarchy these days.

Even with anarchy there are some metrics. All depends what you do with them. 

I am a New York Rangers hockey fan. Always have been. In the 1970’s they had a good team, but the Bruins, Flyers and Canadians always had better teams, despite the Rangers throwing money at high prices superstars. They continued this formula all the way through the 90’s. When the salary cap hit, they were forced to go back to basics by drafting smart and making trades for the right players. They tried doing that but were still drawn by the marquee players. 

It wasn’t until recently they realized the need to rebuild smart and basically do an organizational reset. Now they have a competitive team that can grow into a cup contender. 

Sometime’s you have to hit the reset button to truly move forward and put your best product out on the ice.

On 1/20/2022 at 7:36 PM, joeypost said:

I am a New York Rangers hockey fan. Always have been. In the 1970’s they had a good team, but the Bruins, Flyers and Canadians always had better teams, despite the Rangers throwing money at high prices superstars. They continued this formula all the way through the 90’s. When the salary cap hit, they were forced to go back to basics by drafting smart and making trades for the right players. They tried doing that but were still drawn by the marquee players. 

It wasn’t until recently they realized the need to rebuild smart and basically do an organizational reset. Now they have a competitive team that can grow into a cup contender. 

Sometime’s you have to hit the reset button to truly move forward and put your best product out on the ice.

They have the metrics, but like you said it's what they do with them... which I assume is absolutely nothing from what I've read here, and across other social platforms. It used to be you could come to this thread, and get so gauge of when you might get your books back. That ship sailed a while ago...

On 1/20/2022 at 7:36 PM, joeypost said:

They shouldn’t have won in 94…  clearly had the refs on your side…

On 1/20/2022 at 9:36 PM, joeypost said:

That's assuming, of course, that you care about putting your best product on the ice. Maybe you're content with just selling tickets.

i tried asking this a couple days ago and didn't get an answer.. but if you send in some comics for a CGC signing event, do they show up in your dashboard once they open your package? or will it show up on the dashboard closer to the end of the signing cut off date?