• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,949 posts in this topic

Modern Fast Track:

Recieved: 3/22

Grading/Quality Control: 4/9/12

15 business days so far, but hopefully they will be ready soon!!

My other order:

Regular Moderns:

Invoiced: 1/2

Scheduled for Grading: 3/17.

Graded: 3/27

Grading/Quality Control: 4/9/12

Maybe they will ship both orders together :wishluck:

So I called and was told my Regular Moderns from 1/2 (75 business days) would probably ship before my Modern FT's from 3/22 (20 business days). They did say the books would probably be shipped by the end of the week. If they do both ship, it would seem the regular modern times are getting better, but the fast track is over double the normal time.

Modern FT Shipped yesterday.

As a side note, I have had nothing but positive experiences whenever I have called.

10th business day today for my order received on 4/8. Just changed to scheduled for grading. Keeping my fingers crossed it magically turns to shipped/safe by the end of day today.

The book I submitted is dropping in price and I would love to unload it asap.

Books submitted to modern FT:

Received 3/28

They had the holiday and WonderCon, so we'll see what the updates will be like this week.

Books submitted to modern FT:

Received 3/28

Verified 4/1

4/6-- Status unchanged and still at verified. Going on seven biz days.

4/9 -- Status unchanged and still at verified. Going on nine biz days.

4/10 -- Status updated-- scheduled for grading. 10 biz days

4/12 Status updated -- GRADED. 12 biz days

Another status update-- Quality Control! Look at you, CGC! You're flying! You're still two days late.

4/15-- Still at QC. 13 biz days.

4/17 Still at QC. 15 biz days. Joke. Joke. Joke. Joke. Joke.

4/18-- Modern FT received on 3/28 still in QC. 16 biz days.

Know they're trying, but they've gotta do something about this. At the very least, I want my FT $ back, but i'm sure they'll laugh in my face. Last sub they get from me until they get their act together.

This is only the start of the con season, folks. Things are going to get much, much worse.

4/19-- Modern FT received on 3/28 still in QC. 17 biz days.

8661128988_ce2a07f89d_c.jpg

10th business day today for my order received on 4/8. Just changed to scheduled for grading. Keeping my fingers crossed it magically turns to shipped/safe by the end of day today.

The book I submitted is dropping in price and I would love to unload it asap.

Yeah, no chance that happens. My 3/28 submission hasn't shipped yet. It moved to scheduled for grading fairly quickly, but the hold up appears to be with encapsulation as it's been stuck in QC limbo for days.

IMO, there's a big problem from a customer service perspective if Fast Track submissions are now taking 20 days to turnaround, which seems the be the case. Setting aside the backlog of standard submissions, if people are paying extra for FT and getting their books in 20 business day, the advertised turnaround time for non-FT submissions, that doesn't seem right.

It's just pure B.S. too that they won't even refund for the upcharge to FT. It's rediculous. I don't even want the membership anymore. They need to get their act together.

They've been behind for 12 months! This isn't like a problem that just snuck up on them! C'MON CGC. It's just a matter of time before someone cracks the code and offers up a decent competitor. Happy to give them my money.

IMO, there's a big problem from a customer service perspective if Fast Track submissions are now taking 20 days to turnaround, which seems the be the case. Setting aside the backlog of standard submissions, if people are paying extra for FT and getting their books in 20 business day, the advertised turnaround time for non-FT submissions, that doesn't seem right.

Yes. Which prompts me to bring this fact up...AGAIN...

Posted on 11/12/2007

CGC Continues Fast Track Service

After reviewing the success of this trial program, CGC has decided to continue to offer our Fast Track service, a rush service available in conjunction with Modern, Economy and Value Tiers. For a service charge of $8 per book added to regular tier fees, CGC will cut the turnaround time in half. Modern Tier Fast Track submissions will be graded and shipped within 10 business days, and Economy and Value Tier Fast Track submissions will be completed within 20 business days.

A few important notes: This service is not available for Standard, Express or Walkthrough submissions. In the rare event that a Fast Track submission does not meet its stated turnaround time (above), the $8 per book fee will be rebated to the submitter. Fast Track is also available for Economy and Modern Tier Pre-Screen submissions. To request this service using regular paper CGC submission forms, simply write FAST TRACK prominently on the submission from and add the $8 per book charge to your invoice total. Note that new printed submission forms have a Fast Track box, which should be checked when this service is requested. When using the online submission from, select the appropriate FAST TRACK tier from the pull-down menu. Fast Track service requests apply to all submission on a particular invoice, and therefore must be submitted separately from books being processed at normal turnaround times.

For questions about submissions and services, please contact CGC at 1-877-NM-COMIC or by email to service@cgccomics.com.

The website STILL says the current turnaround on Fast Tracks is ON TIME.

What are the chances that they give refunds on all the late Fast Tracks?

Oh, I can tell you. Just call customer service and let them laugh at you about it.

If they are not willing to give refunds on the fast track orders that are late maybe they need to give everyone a credit, similar to a collector's society coupon, for each failed fast track. For example, 6 books under modern tier is basically $60 extra to fast track . Customer gets $60 coupon/credit.

Just a suggestion...

Modern FT SS Received 3/20 - SFG

Modern FT SS Received 3/20 - Graded

Modern FT SS Received 3/20 - Grading/QC - stuck there since April 8

Modern FT SS Received 3/20 - Shipped 4/18

These were from ECCC. At least I know I'll have them for what needs to be done at Phoenix.