• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,949 posts in this topic

All of it sounds like growing pains to me. There should be a west coast version of CGC and at least one northern version. Two more sites with the same size staff ought to do it!

I would agree with a West Coast, that's a good idea as this does sound like growing pains in business.

I have empathy & sympathy for those at CGC. I've only ever had great experiences with them. Despite a couple of past mistakes, they've always been very polite with me and taken great care of me.

I think as a society we're quick to complain. I know I was just complaining with Jeff about my books as well. But in all seriousness, these are first world problems. Yes we pay for a service, and yes we've paid extra for "fast-track", but I want to make sure they do a great job on the grading/encapsulation and not just rush through books, both as a buyer and seller.

Technically fast track is 1/2 of the current TAT. So 120 days would really be 60 if we went by the letter of the law.

Huh? One has nothing to do with the other. Don't talk start talking crazy and giving them ideas.

:makepoint:

All of it sounds like growing pains to me. There should be a west coast version of CGC and at least one northern version. Two more sites with the same size staff ought to do it!

I would agree with a West Coast, that's a good idea as this does sound like growing pains in business.

I have empathy & sympathy for those at CGC. I've only ever had great experiences with them. Despite a couple of past mistakes, they've always been very polite with me and taken great care of me.

I think as a society we're quick to complain. I know I was just complaining with Jeff about my books as well. But in all seriousness, these are first world problems. Yes we pay for a service, and yes we've paid extra for "fast-track", but I want to make sure they do a great job on the grading/encapsulation and not just rush through books, both as a buyer and seller.

Technically fast track is 1/2 of the current TAT. So 120 days would really be 60 if we went by the letter of the law.

Huh? One has nothing to do with the other. Don't talk start talking crazy and giving them ideas.

It's on the CGC form :shy:

Fast Track:

Applies to Modern, Value and Economy tiers only. Reduces the estimated turnaround time by half.

Fast Track:

Applies to Modern, Value and Economy tiers only. Reduces the estimated turnaround time by half.

Is that new to the last two iterations of the form, or has that always been a constant?

Fast Track:

If that's the rule they go by, then the site shouldn't state a 10-day TAT for Modern FT. That's the only problem I have with all of this. If they state a 10-day TAT, and I pay extra for it, I should get what I paid for. If they're getting behind, then they shouldn't state a 10-day TAT when you go to submit your books.

This is not true. It's just a rumor started on the boards so many years ago.

Fast Track:

I don't have submission forms. I do it on the internets.

If I pay for a service, any service, I expect to get it. If I pay to have something shiped faster and it doesn't, I didn't get what I paid for and the company should refund the difference. If not, I'll take my business elsewhere, or simply not use them.

If CGC can't provide the services they are charging for, don't charge for them until they do.

A few years ago, Myself and some friends bought a VIP package to a wrestling PPV at the old WWF Club on Broadway. Instead of paying the $50 door charge, we paid $95 which was supposed to get us a private table, event -shirts and an express bar/buffet line pass. We got there and they had over-booked. We watched the show the same as every other person who had paid $50.

Next day, we emailed the club and said we didn't get the services we paid for. They refunded us our entire admission fee, and gave us free tickets to the next live show in the area. Thats how quality companies operate.

Under promise and over perform. Not the Opposite.

I understand. See my post above yours.

If I pay for a service, any service, I expect to get it. If I pay to have something shiped faster and it doesn't, I didn't get what I paid for and the company should refund the difference. If not, I'll take my business elsewhere, or simply not use them.

If CGC can't provide the services they are charging for, don't charge for them until they do.

A few years ago, Myself and some friends bought a VIP package to a wrestling PPV at the old WWF Club on Broadway. Instead of paying the $50 door charge, we paid $95 which was supposed to get us a private table, event -shirts and an express bar/buffet line pass. We got there and they had over-booked. We watched the show the same as every other person who had paid $50.

Next day, we emailed the club and said we didn't get the services we paid for. They refunded us our entire admission fee, and gave us free tickets to the next live show in the area. Thats how quality companies operate.

I wasn't responding to your post. I was just ranting and your post was the one in front of mine. (thumbs u

Edited by shadroch

I wasn't responding to your post. I was just ranting and your post was the one in front of mine. (thumbs u

lol OK.

Posted on 6/27/2007

CGC Launches Fast Track Service July 16, 2007

On Monday, July 16, CGC is launching Fast Track, a rush service available in conjunction with Modern, Economy and Value Tiers. For a service charge of $8 per book added to regular tier fees, CGC will cut the turnaround time in half. Modern Tier Fast Track submissions will be graded and shipped within 10 business days, and Economy and Value Tier submissions will be completed within 20 business days.

A few important notes. This service is being implemented on a trial basis and will be available for submissions submitted between July 16, 2007 through September 1, 2007. It is not available for Standard, Express or Walkthrough submissions. Invoice tracking methods have been upgraded to allow CGC to offer Fast Track without having an impact on turnaround times for other services. In the rare event that a Fast Track submission does not meet its stated turnaround time (above), the $8 per book fee will be rebated to the submitter. Fast Track is also available for Economy and Modern Tier Pre-Screen submissions.

"We’ve always received requests to rush submissions. Now we have a systematic way to meet this demand. Fast Track adds new dimensions to the way collectors and professionals can use our services," comments CGC President and Primary Grader Steve Borock.

To request this service using regular paper CGC submission forms, simply write FAST TRACK prominently on the submission from and add the $8 per book charge to your invoice total. Note that new printed submission forms have a Fast Track box, which should be checked when this service is requested. When using the online submission from, select the appropriate FAST TRACK tier from the pull-down menu. Fast Track service requests apply to all submission on a particular invoice, and therefore must be submitted separately from books being processed at normal turnaround times.

Following this trial offering, CGC will conduct a review of the fast track service. At that time, we will elect to extend the trial, discontinue its use, or add it permanently to our service roster. For questions about submissions and services, please contact CGC at 1-877-NM-COMIC or by email to service@cgccomics.com.

Posted on 11/12/2007

CGC Continues Fast Track Service

After reviewing the success of this trial program, CGC has decided to continue to offer our Fast Track service, a rush service available in conjunction with Modern, Economy and Value Tiers. For a service charge of $8 per book added to regular tier fees, CGC will cut the turnaround time in half. Modern Tier Fast Track submissions will be graded and shipped within 10 business days, and Economy and Value Tier Fast Track submissions will be completed within 20 business days.

A few important notes: This service is not available for Standard, Express or Walkthrough submissions. In the rare event that a Fast Track submission does not meet its stated turnaround time (above), the $8 per book fee will be rebated to the submitter. Fast Track is also available for Economy and Modern Tier Pre-Screen submissions. To request this service using regular paper CGC submission forms, simply write FAST TRACK prominently on the submission from and add the $8 per book charge to your invoice total. Note that new printed submission forms have a Fast Track box, which should be checked when this service is requested. When using the online submission from, select the appropriate FAST TRACK tier from the pull-down menu. Fast Track service requests apply to all submission on a particular invoice, and therefore must be submitted separately from books being processed at normal turnaround times.

For questions about submissions and services, please contact CGC at 1-877-NM-COMIC or by email to service@cgccomics.com.

The defense rests...

137109.jpg.0d00ea902595429f018561d0e4181ca4.jpg

Posted on 6/27/2007

On Monday, July 16, CGC is launching Fast Track, a rush service available in conjunction with Modern, Economy and Value Tiers. For a service charge of $8 per book added to regular tier fees, CGC will cut the turnaround time in half. Modern Tier Fast Track submissions will be graded and shipped within 10 business days, and Economy and Value Tier submissions will be completed within 20 business days.

A few important notes. This service is being implemented on a trial basis and will be available for submissions submitted between July 16, 2007 through September 1, 2007. It is not available for Standard, Express or Walkthrough submissions. Invoice tracking methods have been upgraded to allow CGC to offer Fast Track without having an impact on turnaround times for other services. In the rare event that a Fast Track submission does not meet its stated turnaround time (above), the $8 per book fee will be rebated to the submitter. Fast Track is also available for Economy and Modern Tier Pre-Screen submissions.

"We’ve always received requests to rush submissions. Now we have a systematic way to meet this demand. Fast Track adds new dimensions to the way collectors and professionals can use our services," comments CGC President and Primary Grader Steve Borock.

To request this service using regular paper CGC submission forms, simply write FAST TRACK prominently on the submission from and add the $8 per book charge to your invoice total. Note that new printed submission forms have a Fast Track box, which should be checked when this service is requested. When using the online submission from, select the appropriate FAST TRACK tier from the pull-down menu. Fast Track service requests apply to all submission on a particular invoice, and therefore must be submitted separately from books being processed at normal turnaround times.

Following this trial offering, CGC will conduct a review of the fast track service. At that time, we will elect to extend the trial, discontinue its use, or add it permanently to our service roster. For questions about submissions and services, please contact CGC at 1-877-NM-COMIC or by email to service@cgccomics.com.

Posted on 11/12/2007

After reviewing the success of this trial program, CGC has decided to continue to offer our Fast Track service, a rush service available in conjunction with Modern, Economy and Value Tiers. For a service charge of $8 per book added to regular tier fees, CGC will cut the turnaround time in half. Modern Tier Fast Track submissions will be graded and shipped within 10 business days, and Economy and Value Tier Fast Track submissions will be completed within 20 business days.

A few important notes: This service is not available for Standard, Express or Walkthrough submissions. In the rare event that a Fast Track submission does not meet its stated turnaround time (above), the $8 per book fee will be rebated to the submitter. Fast Track is also available for Economy and Modern Tier Pre-Screen submissions. To request this service using regular paper CGC submission forms, simply write FAST TRACK prominently on the submission from and add the $8 per book charge to your invoice total. Note that new printed submission forms have a Fast Track box, which should be checked when this service is requested. When using the online submission from, select the appropriate FAST TRACK tier from the pull-down menu. Fast Track service requests apply to all submission on a particular invoice, and therefore must be submitted separately from books being processed at normal turnaround times.

For questions about submissions and services, please contact CGC at 1-877-NM-COMIC or by email to service@cgccomics.com.

The defense rests...

On the form though...

"Applies to Modern, Value and Economy tiers only. Reduces the estimated turnaround times by half".

Posted on 6/27/2007

Posted on 11/12/2007

The defense rests...

On the form though...

"Applies to Modern, Value and Economy tiers only. Reduces the estimated turnaround times by half".

What does this say?

I highlighted it in red so it's easy to understand.

137109.jpg

It's a screenshot of the web page right now. The same thing it said when I sent my submission a month ago.

Posted on 6/27/2007

Posted on 11/12/2007

The defense rests...

On the form though...

what if you are not a dealer and you pay for membership and submit through website? the information only on the forms doesnt exist to those members. neither does the information about refunds/rebates.