• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,949 posts in this topic

TATs are improving.

That is pretty scary, I mean you pay the extra cash for FT and it doesn't even matter. I totally agree about the grader notes too. Problem is it would take massive cooperation to get them to change, they're always going to be somewhat PC and say times are improving and we hired more graders. If we as the consumer went to PGX by the hundreds then maybe something would happen. Slym was right, they pretty much have the market cornered. PGX has what, 10% of of graded books. Of course I have no data and that's my guess, but I'll see tons of CGC slabs before I see a single PGX. They will never change until the consumers force them to, and the more we complain about times, they will hire more people and jack up prices to pay for them. Even Classics incorporated jacked up the price when CGC bought them out. What can we do? They're running a business sure, and they are there to make a profit, but like some of you said, it's all greed and there's something to be said about Customer Service, which they lack.....
TATs are improving, and I find their customer service to be quite quite commendable.

Heh - PGX doesn't have the capability to have 1% of the market on graded books, much less 10%.

I imagine ol' Donkey Punch has to hire friends, or else knows where to look for greedy b@$tards with low morals that need work.

-slym

And now they're going backwards. :ohnoez:

I just had a submission go from Quality Control back to grading. lol

I guess they'll show as verified in a few more days

Will I receive them faster going backwards? Verified and received are usually pretty quick. hm

My 3/11/13 modern submission is still sitting at received. Not very quick.

That is pretty scary, I mean you pay the extra cash for FT and it doesn't even matter. I totally agree about the grader notes too. Problem is it would take massive cooperation to get them to change, they're always going to be somewhat PC and say times are improving and we hired more graders. If we as the consumer went to PGX by the hundreds then maybe something would happen. Slym was right, they pretty much have the market cornered. PGX has what, 10% of of graded books. Of course I have no data and that's my guess, but I'll see tons of CGC slabs before I see a single PGX. They will never change until the consumers force them to, and the more we complain about times, they will hire more people and jack up prices to pay for them. Even Classics incorporated jacked up the price when CGC bought them out. What can we do? They're running a business sure, and they are there to make a profit, but like some of you said, it's all greed and there's something to be said about Customer Service, which they lack.....

I'll wager that PGX has less than .1% of the market.

I'll wager that Cal could actually corner the entire PGX market - unlike IMSM #1.

Well my CS experience has been subpar. They aren't "bad" by any means, I just always get a "eh, so what" vibe. I guess all I'm saying is they could use some more empathy. So maybe it wasn't fair to say they don't have CS, but they sure aren't empathetic. Nobody else get that vibe?

Well my CS experience has been subpar. They aren't "bad" by any means, I just always get a "eh, so what" vibe. I guess all I'm saying is they could use some more empathy. So maybe it wasn't fair to say they don't have CS, but they sure aren't empathetic. Nobody else get that vibe?

After you get berated for the 100,000th time regarding TAT's that you have no control over, how much empathy would you have?

And now they're going backwards. :ohnoez:

I just had a submission go from Quality Control back to grading. lol

I guess they'll show as verified in a few more days

Will I receive them faster going backwards? Verified and received are usually pretty quick. hm

My 3/11/13 modern submission is still sitting at received. Not very quick.

Relative to grading/QC and shipping. :makepoint:

Books submitted to modern FT:

Received 3/28

They had the holiday and WonderCon, so we'll see what the updates will be like this week.

Books submitted to modern FT:

Received 3/28

Verified 4/1

4/6-- Status unchanged and still at verified. Going on seven biz days.

4/9 -- Status unchanged and still at verified. Going on nine biz days.

4/10 -- Status updated-- scheduled for grading. 10 biz days

4/12 Status updated -- GRADED. 12 biz days

Another status update-- Quality Control! Look at you, CGC! You're flying! You're still two days late.

4/15-- Still at QC. 13 biz days.

4/18 Still at QC. 15 biz days. Joke. Joke. Joke. Joke. Joke.

4/19-- Modern FT received on 3/28 still in QC. 16 biz days.

Know they're trying, but they've gotta do something about this. At the very least, I want my FT $ back, but i'm sure they'll laugh in my face. Last sub they get from me until they get their act together.

This is only the start of the con season, folks. Things are going to get much, much worse.

Well, I sent an email to confirm the process for changing my address as both of my orders have been in receiving since 03/22/2013 and my house is on the market so no idea when I'll be moving. I get an email from CS telling me how to submit a change in address and letting me know they have 5 more days to grade and ship the one invoice that is standard coupon (the other is Modern Non-FT). Anyway that Standard submission is now at Scheduled for Grading and it kinda makes me wonder if it would be scheduled if I hadn't emailed them. I wasn't even asking about why it wasn't graded yet as it had been 18 days but whatever.

I'm a pretty patient person with collectibles so waiting doesn't bother me at all. The thought that it can take so long and I might move by the time they are shipped and something might get screwed up worries me a little..

CGC received my books Value Fast Track on 3/21/13. I called them this morning to see an estimate on how much longer it would be until they shipped back. They said about 2 more weeks and they will ship.

Suggestion: On the website it would be nice if they could put an Estimate of how many days/weeks until books ship. The current Verified, Scheduled for Grading, Graded, Shipped is helpful, but I'd be much more interested in an estimated ship time. It seems like they know this information so maybe it can be incorporated to the website as well.

Modern Fast Track:

Recieved: 3/22

Grading/Quality Control: 4/9/12

15 business days so far, but hopefully they will be ready soon!!

My other order:

Regular Moderns:

Invoiced: 1/2

Scheduled for Grading: 3/17.

Graded: 3/27

Grading/Quality Control: 4/9/12

Maybe they will ship both orders together :wishluck:

So I called and was told my Regular Moderns from 1/2 (75 business days) would probably ship before my Modern FT's from 3/22 (20 business days). They did say the books would probably be shipped by the end of the week. If they do both ship, it would seem the regular modern times are getting better, but the fast track is over double the normal time.

After you get berated for the 100,000th time regarding TAT's that you have no control over, how much empathy would you have?

Honestly, thats not my problem. then find another job. It's ok for them to be jaded? I understand that there are unreasonable peopl out there who probably flip out for no reason, but that doesn't mean they should treat everyone the same. If i'm paying you for a job, then do your job, don't act like a jerk because the 5 people before me were jerks. Like I said, I'd just like to sense that they care, maybe then the long delay's wouldn't be so bad.

Honestly, thats not my problem. then find another job. It's ok for them to be jaded? I understand that there are unreasonable peopl out there who probably flip out for no reason, but that doesn't mean they should treat everyone the same. If i'm paying you for a job, then do your job, don't act like a jerk because the 5 people before me were jerks. Like I said, I'd just like to sense that they care, maybe then the long delay's wouldn't be so bad.

Next time I am in Sarasota, I will tell them to put on a smiley face when you call.

Not sure what point you're making here.... ???

Next time I am in Sarasota, I will tell them to put on a smiley face when you call.

Better yet, tell them to stop taking submissions until the TATs are back within reason. (thumbs u