• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,949 posts in this topic

Would you be happy if you paid for something to be overnighted only for it to be delivered in a week?

The complaints have merit. When you fast track something, you pay a premium for the timeliness. It's awful that they're 2-3 days late on grading, let alone two weeks. Awful.

Would you be happy if you paid for something to be overnighted only for it to be delivered in a week?

The complaints have merit. When you fast track something, you pay a premium for the timeliness. It's awful that they're 2-3 days late on grading, let alone two weeks. Awful.

No, If you look at my custom title I don't like waiting, but I also know who to complain to. Don't know what else to tell you. The CS people are not the ones responsible for that. They can put a rush sticker on an order, but once it leaves their hands they have little power to control the processes.

Call up and ask for the shipping department or QC and complain to them.

Well my CS experience has been subpar. They aren't "bad" by any means, I just always get a "eh, so what" vibe. I guess all I'm saying is they could use some more empathy. So maybe it wasn't fair to say they don't have CS, but they sure aren't empathetic. Nobody else get that vibe?

After you get berated for the 100,000th time regarding TAT's that you have no control over, how much empathy would you have?

Honestly, thats not my problem. then find another job. It's ok for them to be jaded? I understand that there are unreasonable peopl out there who probably flip out for no reason, but that doesn't mean they should treat everyone the same. If i'm paying you for a job, then do your job, don't act like a jerk because the 5 people before me were jerks. Like I said, I'd just like to sense that they care, maybe then the long delay's wouldn't be so bad.

Next time I am in Sarasota, I will tell them to put on a smiley face when you call.

Better yet, tell them to stop taking submissions until the TATs are back within reason. (thumbs u

Seems like a reasonable request. I'll relay your thoughts when I am at CGC next week.

Well my CS experience has been subpar. They aren't "bad" by any means, I just always get a "eh, so what" vibe. I guess all I'm saying is they could use some more empathy. So maybe it wasn't fair to say they don't have CS, but they sure aren't empathetic. Nobody else get that vibe?

After you get berated for the 100,000th time regarding TAT's that you have no control over, how much empathy would you have?

Honestly, thats not my problem. then find another job. It's ok for them to be jaded? I understand that there are unreasonable peopl out there who probably flip out for no reason, but that doesn't mean they should treat everyone the same. If i'm paying you for a job, then do your job, don't act like a jerk because the 5 people before me were jerks. Like I said, I'd just like to sense that they care, maybe then the long delay's wouldn't be so bad.

Next time I am in Sarasota, I will tell them to put on a smiley face when you call.

Better yet, tell them to stop taking submissions until the TATs are back within reason. (thumbs u

Seems like a reasonable request. I'll relay your thoughts when I am at CGC next week.

Mr. Sarcastic?

Doesn't matter. They should do their job.

Ironically, when I'm at work that's what I'm expected to do.

Thanks in advance :headbang:

Call up and ask for the shipping department or QC and complain to them.

I'm pretty sure that the shipping department's job is to ship and the QC's job is to QC.

Unfortunately the job of Customer Service, as the face of the company, to hear people person_without_enough_empathy from both sides.

That's like asking the chat forums to stop posting until I'm done reading everything I need to get caught up on.

That's like asking the chat forums to stop posting until I'm done reading everything I need to get caught up on.

Not even close...

Thanks in advance :headbang:

I would keep expectations low.

Mr. Sarcastic?

No at all. I will ask for an audience with them and relay Chris's thoughts.

Refusing new submissions makes no sense. So I hold all the books I plan to submit? Then when they're ready to start accepting submissions again I send the stack? I prefer they hold the inventory. Regular TAT's are improving so it would seem they are working to get them to an acceptable level and then flip back to FT's. Decent plan.

We want them to do a better job of grading, be more consistent.

We want them to do a better job of catching spine adjustments.

We want better Quality Control.

We want our registry requests taking care of immediately.

We want them to be more friendly.

We want more onsite grading.

We want, we want, we want.... All of the above collides with faster turnaround times.

Something has to give. I'm just saying, give it a rest here people. Doesn't anybody

have any real life problems to deal with and complain about ? Sorry.

All of it sounds like growing pains to me. There should be a west coast version of CGC and at least one northern version. Two more sites with the same size staff ought to do it!

I would agree with a West Coast, that's a good idea as this does sound like growing pains in business.

I have empathy & sympathy for those at CGC. I've only ever had great experiences with them. Despite a couple of past mistakes, they've always been very polite with me and taken great care of me.

I think as a society we're quick to complain. I know I was just complaining with Jeff about my books as well. But in all seriousness, these are first world problems. Yes we pay for a service, and yes we've paid extra for "fast-track", but I want to make sure they do a great job on the grading/encapsulation and not just rush through books, both as a buyer and seller.

All of it sounds like growing pains to me. There should be a west coast version of CGC and at least one northern version. Two more sites with the same size staff ought to do it!

I would agree with a West Coast, that's a good idea as this does sound like growing pains in business.

I have empathy & sympathy for those at CGC. I've only ever had great experiences with them. Despite a couple of past mistakes, they've always been very polite with me and taken great care of me.

I think as a society we're quick to complain. I know I was just complaining with Jeff about my books as well. But in all seriousness, these are first world problems. Yes we pay for a service, and yes we've paid extra for "fast-track", but I want to make sure they do a great job on the grading/encapsulation and not just rush through books, both as a buyer and seller.

Technically fast track is 1/2 of the current TAT. So 120 days would really be 60 if we went by the letter of the law.

If I pay for a service, any service, I expect to get it. If I pay to have something shiped faster and it doesn't, I didn't get what I paid for and the company should refund the difference. If not, I'll take my business elsewhere, or simply not use them.

If CGC can't provide the services they are charging for, don't charge for them until they do.

A few years ago, Myself and some friends bought a VIP package to a wrestling PPV at the old WWF Club on Broadway. Instead of paying the $50 door charge, we paid $95 which was supposed to get us a private table, event -shirts and an express bar/buffet line pass. We got there and they had over-booked. We watched the show the same as every other person who had paid $50.

Next day, we emailed the club and said we didn't get the services we paid for. They refunded us our entire admission fee, and gave us free tickets to the next live show in the area. Thats how quality companies operate.

Under promise and over perform. Not the Opposite.