• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,949 posts in this topic

Posted on 6/27/2007

CGC Launches Fast Track Service July 16, 2007

On Monday, July 16, CGC is launching Fast Track, a rush service available in conjunction with Modern, Economy and Value Tiers. For a service charge of $8 per book added to regular tier fees, CGC will cut the turnaround time in half. Modern Tier Fast Track submissions will be graded and shipped within 10 business days, and Economy and Value Tier submissions will be completed within 20 business days.

A few important notes. This service is being implemented on a trial basis and will be available for submissions submitted between July 16, 2007 through September 1, 2007. It is not available for Standard, Express or Walkthrough submissions. Invoice tracking methods have been upgraded to allow CGC to offer Fast Track without having an impact on turnaround times for other services. In the rare event that a Fast Track submission does not meet its stated turnaround time (above), the $8 per book fee will be rebated to the submitter. Fast Track is also available for Economy and Modern Tier Pre-Screen submissions.

"We’ve always received requests to rush submissions. Now we have a systematic way to meet this demand. Fast Track adds new dimensions to the way collectors and professionals can use our services," comments CGC President and Primary Grader Steve Borock.

To request this service using regular paper CGC submission forms, simply write FAST TRACK prominently on the submission from and add the $8 per book charge to your invoice total. Note that new printed submission forms have a Fast Track box, which should be checked when this service is requested. When using the online submission from, select the appropriate FAST TRACK tier from the pull-down menu. Fast Track service requests apply to all submission on a particular invoice, and therefore must be submitted separately from books being processed at normal turnaround times.

Following this trial offering, CGC will conduct a review of the fast track service. At that time, we will elect to extend the trial, discontinue its use, or add it permanently to our service roster. For questions about submissions and services, please contact CGC at 1-877-NM-COMIC or by email to service@cgccomics.com.

Posted on 11/12/2007

CGC Continues Fast Track Service

After reviewing the success of this trial program, CGC has decided to continue to offer our Fast Track service, a rush service available in conjunction with Modern, Economy and Value Tiers. For a service charge of $8 per book added to regular tier fees, CGC will cut the turnaround time in half. Modern Tier Fast Track submissions will be graded and shipped within 10 business days, and Economy and Value Tier Fast Track submissions will be completed within 20 business days.

A few important notes: This service is not available for Standard, Express or Walkthrough submissions. In the rare event that a Fast Track submission does not meet its stated turnaround time (above), the $8 per book fee will be rebated to the submitter. Fast Track is also available for Economy and Modern Tier Pre-Screen submissions. To request this service using regular paper CGC submission forms, simply write FAST TRACK prominently on the submission from and add the $8 per book charge to your invoice total. Note that new printed submission forms have a Fast Track box, which should be checked when this service is requested. When using the online submission from, select the appropriate FAST TRACK tier from the pull-down menu. Fast Track service requests apply to all submission on a particular invoice, and therefore must be submitted separately from books being processed at normal turnaround times.

For questions about submissions and services, please contact CGC at 1-877-NM-COMIC or by email to service@cgccomics.com.

The defense rests...

On the form though...

"Applies to Modern, Value and Economy tiers only. Reduces the estimated turnaround times by half".

What does this say?

I highlighted it in red so it's easy to understand.

137109.jpg

It's a screenshot of the web page right now. The same thing it said when I sent my submission a month ago.

I saw what you highlighted :slapfight:

I was simply stating what the form says. Based on their own wording if the TAT for value is almost 60 days and they state FT Value is 20 then I would say they owe you money. But, they can always fall back and say it is really 30 days and they made an error on the website.

Posted on 6/27/2007

CGC Launches Fast Track Service July 16, 2007

On Monday, July 16, CGC is launching Fast Track, a rush service available in conjunction with Modern, Economy and Value Tiers. For a service charge of $8 per book added to regular tier fees, CGC will cut the turnaround time in half. Modern Tier Fast Track submissions will be graded and shipped within 10 business days, and Economy and Value Tier submissions will be completed within 20 business days.

A few important notes. This service is being implemented on a trial basis and will be available for submissions submitted between July 16, 2007 through September 1, 2007. It is not available for Standard, Express or Walkthrough submissions. Invoice tracking methods have been upgraded to allow CGC to offer Fast Track without having an impact on turnaround times for other services. In the rare event that a Fast Track submission does not meet its stated turnaround time (above), the $8 per book fee will be rebated to the submitter. Fast Track is also available for Economy and Modern Tier Pre-Screen submissions.

"We’ve always received requests to rush submissions. Now we have a systematic way to meet this demand. Fast Track adds new dimensions to the way collectors and professionals can use our services," comments CGC President and Primary Grader Steve Borock.

To request this service using regular paper CGC submission forms, simply write FAST TRACK prominently on the submission from and add the $8 per book charge to your invoice total. Note that new printed submission forms have a Fast Track box, which should be checked when this service is requested. When using the online submission from, select the appropriate FAST TRACK tier from the pull-down menu. Fast Track service requests apply to all submission on a particular invoice, and therefore must be submitted separately from books being processed at normal turnaround times.

Following this trial offering, CGC will conduct a review of the fast track service. At that time, we will elect to extend the trial, discontinue its use, or add it permanently to our service roster. For questions about submissions and services, please contact CGC at 1-877-NM-COMIC or by email to service@cgccomics.com.

Posted on 11/12/2007

CGC Continues Fast Track Service

After reviewing the success of this trial program, CGC has decided to continue to offer our Fast Track service, a rush service available in conjunction with Modern, Economy and Value Tiers. For a service charge of $8 per book added to regular tier fees, CGC will cut the turnaround time in half. Modern Tier Fast Track submissions will be graded and shipped within 10 business days, and Economy and Value Tier Fast Track submissions will be completed within 20 business days.

A few important notes: This service is not available for Standard, Express or Walkthrough submissions. In the rare event that a Fast Track submission does not meet its stated turnaround time (above), the $8 per book fee will be rebated to the submitter. Fast Track is also available for Economy and Modern Tier Pre-Screen submissions. To request this service using regular paper CGC submission forms, simply write FAST TRACK prominently on the submission from and add the $8 per book charge to your invoice total. Note that new printed submission forms have a Fast Track box, which should be checked when this service is requested. When using the online submission from, select the appropriate FAST TRACK tier from the pull-down menu. Fast Track service requests apply to all submission on a particular invoice, and therefore must be submitted separately from books being processed at normal turnaround times.

For questions about submissions and services, please contact CGC at 1-877-NM-COMIC or by email to service@cgccomics.com.

The defense rests...

On the form though...

"Applies to Modern, Value and Economy tiers only. Reduces the estimated turnaround times by half".

What does this say?

I highlighted it in red so it's easy to understand.

137109.jpg

It's a screenshot of the web page right now. The same thing it said when I sent my submission a month ago.

I saw what you highlighted :slapfight:

I was simply stating what the form says. Based on their own wording if the TAT for value is almost 60 days and they state FT Value is 20 then I would say they owe you money. But, they can always fall back and say it is really 30 days and they made an error on the website.

I think the answer is to move some people around in their positions in CGC.

Whomever is in charge of putting checks in the bank needs to be put into the encapsulation/shipping department because my checks always clear the bank the day after CGC receives my submissions.

That's what I call doing your job. (thumbs u

I think the answer is to move some people around in their positions in CGC.

Whomever is in charge of putting checks in the bank needs to be put into the encapsulation/shipping department because my checks always clear the bank the day after CGC receives my submissions.

That's what I call doing your job. (thumbs u

:golfclap:

In the meantime this thread is a good pastime. lol

I think of Modern Fast track this way, you have a pitcher win you 22 games, he gets A CY Young award, and then you give him a huge inflated contract, next year he barely wins 8 games, and is never the same again. So CGC is basically like the Johan Santana of grading.

My Modern pre screen order from 10/22 shipped yesterday on 4/17. I also had a Modern pre screen order from 1/18 ship yesterday on 4/17.

Wow, they've cut 3 months off the TAT.

:banana:

Just had a Modern slow track from 12/19/12 turned to shipped/safe today!

The regular submissions may catch up to Fast Track before long.

My Modern pre screen order from 10/22 shipped yesterday on 4/17. I also had a Modern pre screen order from 1/18 ship yesterday on 4/17.

Nice! I have a Modern slow track invoice from 1/28, so :wishluck:

Well, my 12/11/12s seem to be stuck.

So then basically, I can expect my 4 Fast Tracks to be delayed? 3 Modern FT, 1 Standard. Techinically 3 FT I guess. Here lets start a pool, Submitted 3 comics 2 Modern FT 1 Standard to the Frank & Sons show. Comics have been sent to CGC, will arrive Monday (4/22) at the latest if they havent arrived yet. Guesses for when they arrive anyone?