• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,947 posts in this topic

On 4/1/2024 at 4:25 PM, circuitryusa said:

Scheduled For Grading (that's a new CCS record of 1 week for me!): 3/29/24 

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging (no joke here!!!): 4/1/24

QC:

Shipped (going direct to MCS for my first time...):

QC: 4/2/24

On 4/2/2024 at 1:00 PM, frozentundraguy said:
Six books received Saturday per the USPS Tracking system. Interested to see how the 2 pulps fare.

CGC3915027551 4407906  4/2/24   4  1,600  VINTAGE  Scheduled for Grading

CGC7614563009  4407896 4/2/24  2   800    VINTAGE PULP Scheduled for Grading

Please keep us updated. I have an 11 book Vintage that went SFG om 4/1/2024.

On 4/3/2024 at 5:17 PM, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.d2943960baf907f173155356eb2f1c80.png

Aw man, my books made it in a day late and are on the wrong side of the convention glut right now. Box hasn't even been opened yet. 

Great to see those incredible turnaround times for you!

Edited by Stefan_W

On 4/2/2024 at 3:39 PM, circuitryusa said:

QC: 4/2/24

Shipped 4/3/24!!!

Total TAT which included CCS = 13 days!!! New record for me.

Grades are averaging a bit lower than I thought for most of them, but a huge boost on one I thought was a "barely break even deal", so CCS must have done a good job on some.

Surprisingly graders notes on all 18 books except 2!

My February 2024 Vintage (non-FT) submission is now back in hand.  Here are the vital stats:

• 2024-02-05: Accepted by USPS
  • 2024-02-07: Delivered to CGC (Final USPS Scan)
  • 2024-02-xx: Delivery Never Confirmed by CGC (Parcel Missed the CGC Pre-Opening Scan)
  • 2024-02-12: Status Marked "Received"
  • 2024-02-12: Status Marked "Scheduled for Grading"
  • 2024-03-19: Status Marked "Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging"
  • 2024-03-xx: Status Never Marked "Grading/Quality Control" (if this did occur, it only stood for less than one hour on 03-27)
  • 2024-03-27: Status Marked "Shipped"
  • 2024-04-03: Delivered to Me (via FedEx Ground, which is what I selected on the submission form)

That's 59 calendar days from raw-in-hand to encapsulated-in-hand for anyone who's counting (or 35 business days under the sole control/custody of CGC).  As a reminder, CGC's estimated TAT on the day I entered into this contract with them was 30 business days.

A visual inspection of the encapsulated books and a review of the associated Grader Notes reveal that the books are in exactly the same condition today as they were on February 4, 2024.  In other words, the books were handled with appropriate and sufficient care.  Furthermore, the labels are 100% correct and each book looks fantastic in its holder.  (thumbsu  (thumbsu

On 4/3/2024 at 6:49 PM, zzutak said:

My February 2024 Vintage (non-FT) submission is now back in hand.  Here are the vital stats:

• 2024-02-05: Accepted by USPS
  • 2024-02-07: Delivered to CGC (Final USPS Scan)
  • 2024-02-xx: Delivery Never Confirmed by CGC (Parcel Missed the CGC Pre-Opening Scan)
  • 2024-02-12: Status Marked "Received"
  • 2024-02-12: Status Marked "Scheduled for Grading"
  • 2024-03-19: Status Marked "Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging"
  • 2024-03-xx: Status Never Marked "Grading/Quality Control" (if this did occur, it only stood for less than one hour on 03-27)
  • 2024-03-27: Status Marked "Shipped"
  • 2024-04-03: Delivered to Me (via FedEx Ground, which is what I selected on the submission form)

That's 59 calendar days from raw-in-hand to encapsulated-in-hand for anyone who's counting (or 35 business days under the sole control/custody of CGC).  As a reminder, CGC's estimated TAT on the day I entered into this contract with them was 30 business days.

A visual inspection of the encapsulated books and a review of the associated Grader Notes reveal that the books are in exactly the same condition today as they were on February 4, 2024.  In other words, the books were handled with appropriate and sufficient care.  Furthermore, the labels are 100% correct and each book looks fantastic in its holder.  (thumbsu  (thumbsu

Thanks for your report. CGC is obviously behind on Vintage without Fast Track. They should quit showing a 30-day turnaround on the web when it's not true. 

CGC listed my small 5-book order as Received and Scheduled for Grading 9 business days before your books. My books entered Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging the week before yours. I'm happy you got your books back and they all look great, but I'm wondering why mine are stuck in Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging.

Edited by MBFan
Added number of books in my order.

There must have been a huge mass of submissions from MegaCon. The boxes for my MODERN submission that arrived on Mon Apr 1 and an ME submission that arrived on Tues Apr 2 have not even been opened yet. A part of the delay on the ME is my fault though since I forgot to write ME on the box this time, so it looks like any other submission. 

On 4/5/2024 at 12:26 PM, Stefan_W said:

There must have been a huge mass of submissions from MegaCon. The boxes for my MODERN submission that arrived on Mon Apr 1 and an ME submission that arrived on Tues Apr 2 have not even been opened yet. A part of the delay on the ME is my fault though since I forgot to write ME on the box this time, so it looks like any other submission. 

I planned my 2 submissions to get there before WonderCon which was this past weekend. Mine are both sitting in GEI right now and the packages were opened up on Monday. C2E2 is in 3 weeks, so if you plan to get anything over to CGC, I'd be doing it within the next week or two or else books will take sometime again.

On 4/5/2024 at 1:26 PM, Stefan_W said:

I also recently shipped a 1-book ME to CGC that arrived there Wed Apr 3rd, and it has also not been opened yet.  "ME"s everywhere on the box!!