• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,954 posts in this topic

On 4/10/2024 at 1:05 PM, greggy said:

All my junk finally all done and shipped.

Until next time. 

Mine too. I just sent another box off this morning with a few orders. How long has UV been taking for everyone on average?

• Administrator
On 4/10/2024 at 12:47 PM, Stefan_W said:
On 4/10/2024 at 11:37 AM, captainzombie said:

I wish they would just add the grade though, it would be cool.

@CGC Mike do you know why the grade is never added for a reholder, even though the grade stays the same?

I asked about this one time and the answer I got was that the submission number and slab number stays as the original submission. 

That is correct.  (thumbsu

Anyone experiencing slowdown since WonderCon? I just had two Modern (one Slow one FT) shipments fly through the process in 6 and 8 days respectively, but a 1-book HV I submitted recently is on day 5 of TAT and still on SFG. Not complaining, just curious if anyone else is experiencing a slowdown (or has had any recent High Value shipments).

Edited by Nschenks

On 4/11/2024 at 9:57 AM, Nschenks said:

Anyone experiencing slowdown since WonderCon? I just had two Modern (one Slow one FT) shipments fly through the process in 6 and 8 days respectively, but a 1-book HV I submitted recently is on day 5 of TAT and still on SFG. Not complaining, just curious if anyone else is experiencing a slowdown (or has had any recent High Value shipments).

I bet that WonderCon did add some of the ongoing backup. If you guys have any books you need to send in, I'd do it within the next week or two because C2E2 is upcoming on 4/27-4/29 and that will create quite the backlog as always.

On 4/11/2024 at 10:57 AM, Nschenks said:

I had a box with a MODERN submission arrive at CGC on Mon Apr 1st and it has not yet been opened. The ones that were opened just ahead of the WonderCon submissions have already been graded and shipped out. 

So yeah, I can definitely attest to things being slower right now. 

On 4/11/2024 at 11:46 AM, captainzombie said:

I bet that WonderCon did add some of the ongoing backup. If you guys have any books you need to send in, I'd do it within the next week or two because C2E2 is upcoming on 4/27-4/29 and that will create quite the backlog as always.

Definitely. My next submission will be a pre-screen and I am holding off working on those books until later in the summer. 

On 4/11/2024 at 11:17 AM, Stefan_W said:

I had a box with a MODERN submission arrive at CGC on Mon Apr 1st and it has not yet been opened. The ones that were opened just ahead of the WonderCon submissions have already been graded and shipped out. 

So yeah, I can definitely attest to things being slower right now. 

Check out this post.  My mind is blown.

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/534388-orders-not-showing-up-in-submission-tracking/?do=findComment&comment=13150158

@captainzombie @Nschenks

Got my books back from the recent batch; was really disappointed with the resulting grades.

Might not be the best time to ship in for grades?  When is there a lull in the upcoming convention schedule?  I prefer to get my stuff graded when the graders are less overworked and cranky 😅.

Anyone who had books out for the Terry Austin/Claremont signing due by March 1st, I just got an alert that my book (Austin only remarq) just moved to GEI (4/14).

I sent an Unlimited Value package that was delivered yesterday and I did mark UV all over the package, let's see how long it takes to open this one up.

Is Vintage fast track moving along pretty good? I have to send in an GSXM #1 next week.

On 4/12/2024 at 1:44 PM, captainzombie said:

I sent an Unlimited Value package that was delivered yesterday and I did mark UV all over the package, let's see how long it takes to open this one up.

Is Vintage fast track moving along pretty good? I have to send in an GSXM #1 next week.

My ME order arrived at CGC last Wed with "ME"'s all over.  Has apparently not been opened yet.  Texted CGC regarding this yesterday and had one of my poorer CS interactions with them.  Lots of problems...  :censored:

1 Book Mechanical Error Submission
2024-04-03    Delivered to CGC/CGC Scanned Delivery

Hi @CGC Mike, how long is it taking to open up anything that has been sent in with Unlimited Value designation? The package was received last Thursday morning, order # (CGC6543775506) and I did mark UV all over the box. Please let me know if you need any other info from me.

Kind of wondering since I also have another package I need to send in this week with the same Unlimited Value submission for another book.