• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,954 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2024 at 1:51 PM, captainzombie said:

I planned my 2 submissions to get there before WonderCon which was this past weekend. Mine are both sitting in GEI right now and the packages were opened up on Monday. C2E2 is in 3 weeks, so if you plan to get anything over to CGC, I'd be doing it within the next week or two or else books will take sometime again.

Waiting for the books is no big deal for me, although I do get super curious with results to see how I did. If there was some way of knowing grades early I could wait months for the actually shipment back without being too fussed about it all. 

The worst part about this submission is I actually thought I made it in under the wire and ahead of MegaCon stuff. It arrived on Mon the 1st and books that were in the system by the 2nd were going through at lightning speed. Most of my submissions lately have been opened the day after arrival so I thought I was golden. Unfortunately, I the MegaCon submission were processed just ahead of mine. C'est la vie. 

On 4/3/2024 at 7:54 PM, MBFan said:

Thanks for your report. CGC is obviously behind on Vintage without Fast Track. They should quit showing a 30-day turnaround on the web when it's not true. 

CGC listed my small 5-book order as Received and Scheduled for Grading 9 business days before your books. My books entered Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging the week before yours. I'm happy you got your books back and they all look great, but I'm wondering why mine are stuck in Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging.

Sent CGC an email 2 days ago regarding their lateness with my small order. Did not receive a reply, but my order was marked as "Shipped" today.

My reholder book just went over the 20 business days currently listed. The only process completed has been received. 

Edited by Kerdese

On 4/5/2024 at 1:26 PM, Stefan_W said:

There must have been a huge mass of submissions from MegaCon. The boxes for my MODERN submission that arrived on Mon Apr 1 and an ME submission that arrived on Tues Apr 2 have not even been opened yet. A part of the delay on the ME is my fault though since I forgot to write ME on the box this time, so it looks like any other submission. 

My ME submission of three books was opened and hit SFG today, Apr 8th. 

On 4/8/2024 at 5:46 PM, consumetheliving said:

I have a 6 book vintage received 2/16 and still in grading since 3/25. Fingers crossed I see shipped this week ;)

Same here... my 3 Vintage books were received 2/16 and have been at G/E/I for a few weeks! Fingers crossed. 

Edited by Jcomer82

Around 2 weeks but it took a long time from SFG to get to GEI

On 4/5/2024 at 6:43 PM, Kerdese said:

My reholder book just went over the 20 business days currently listed. The only process completed has been received. 

Uh... my reholder just shipped, but there's no grade. It simply says "white" where the grade is supposed to be. Is this normal? My first time getting a reholder. 

On 4/10/2024 at 9:32 AM, Kerdese said:

Uh... my reholder just shipped, but there's no grade. It simply says "white" where the grade is supposed to be. Is this normal? My first time getting a reholder. 

Then that means that the grade you had before is the same grade that you will have for the reholder.

On 4/10/2024 at 10:15 AM, captainzombie said:

Then that means that the grade you had before is the same grade that you will have for the reholder.

Thanks. I was hoping that was the case.

On 4/10/2024 at 11:37 AM, captainzombie said:

I wish they would just add the grade though, it would be cool.

@CGC Mike do you know why the grade is never added for a reholder, even though the grade stays the same?

I asked about this one time and the answer I got was that the submission number and slab number stays as the original submission.