• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

27,009 posts in this topic

My books arrived yesterday by UPS.

Total time elapsed - 4/1/2012 through 10/8/2012 - or 191 calendar days.

But I like my grades.

Lee K

That's downright embarassing... :boo:

I called this morning about my sub from 4/14 and the books they've been telling me are in encapsulation are now in quality control. Never heard that one from them before. In the meantime I see books being listed on ebay and have seen a couple other people post some of their Economy subs here from the same show. (shrug) I don't get it, I was told three weeks ago they'd be shipped within 5 days. I wouldn't even mind if they told me they had no idea of when they'd go out but don't BS me about it. (tsk)

Wow, the website still has 80 days turnaround. My Denver ComicCon books from Mid-June should be on their way back. But if they are still working on Modern books from April, then I will be lucky to have them by the end of the year. :cry:

He was talking about Economy books, not moderns.

Wow, the website still has 80 days turnaround. My Denver ComicCon books from Mid-June should be on their way back. But if they are still working on Modern books from April, then I will be lucky to have them by the end of the year. :cry:

He was talking about Economy books, not moderns.

doh! Thanks for the clarification!!!!

My moderns from June 4th came in last week via Fedex. This was from the first order I ever did and wow I should have been more strict with what I was submitting and not used cpg.com for what they were worth lol. Since then my other orders I had submitted were always gems (and quite fast compared to the modern tier)

My only highlight of the order was a 9.8 Black Widow #1 DF variant. My low light? A 6.0 ASM 301 and a 7.5 ASM 316. Dishonorable mentions: Ultimate Spiderman 160 polybagged 9.2 and Spider man 1 Silver Edition Poly bag 9.0. That's what I get for buying poly bag editions haha.

I have another order of comics I want to do but I'm really weary of sending them in to get graded. I have no idea if I will even be in the country anymore by the time these get graded (I might get moved due to work). What is the protocol if you change addresses during the time CGC has your books?

Edited by Jay1982

Kind of wondering that one myself. We have our house on the market and if it ever sells I still have books out! I know I can forward my mail for awhile but at these delays I'm not sure I would still have a forwarding still in place!

With times the way they are I am not going to bother submitting any books until next year at earliest. I am not going to waste my money and time on them

At this point I wouldn't bet on turnarounds getting any faster any time soon. As more and more books are subbed as fast track it's just going to push everything else further behind. Just my opinion but I think it's time for CGC to expand, there's obviously demand for their services and if they take the leap and do it, it will certainly help retain some customers who might be on the fence about whether or not the turnaround times are worth getting books graded.

At this point I wouldn't bet on turnarounds getting any faster any time soon. As more and more books are subbed as fast track it's just going to push everything else further behind. Just my opinion but I think it's time for CGC to expand, there's obviously demand for their services and if they take the leap and do it, it will certainly help retain some customers who might be on the fence about whether or not the turnaround times are worth getting books graded.

Many have posted this sentiment ad infinitum to no avail.

CGC is a de facto monopoly, and they want to shepard people to their "fast track" tier for BIGGER profits.

I doubt you will see expansion any time soon.

I predict the bulk of CGC's business will be "fast track," and that suits them fine.

Many have posted this sentiment ad infinitum to no avail.

CGC is a de facto monopoly, and they want to shepard people to their "fast track" tier for BIGGER profits.

I doubt you will see expansion any time soon.

I predict the bulk of CGC's business will be "fast track," and that suits them fine.

It's not the grading fees, and therefore their profits, that I'm addressing. It's the turnaround as a whole. Even fast track has slowed down to what should be the normal turnaround for Economy. If they want to raise grading fees they should just do it. Then Fast Track can become Economy and they can offer a grading tier at the current Economy price and call it "When we get to it".

I think CGC needs to get on the ball right now, I mean 80 days for a turnaround time is pretty pathetic and ridiculous IMO. I understand they got hit hard with the moderns and all but more work means you need more workers and at the prices they charge I'm sure they can afford to do so. With all the new interest in comics right now I don't see that turnaround time going down anytime soon so I really think it's on CGC to come up with a solution on how to address this problem with turnaround times because there obviously is one

I think CGC needs to get on the ball right now, I mean 80 days for a turnaround time is pretty pathetic and ridiculous IMO. I understand they got hit hard with the moderns and all but more work means you need more workers and at the prices they charge I'm sure they can afford to do so. With all the new interest in comics right now I don't see that turnaround time going down anytime soon so I really think it's on CGC to come up with a solution on how to address this problem with turnaround times because there obviously is one

Why get more workers? That will cut into their profits.

Again, CGC is a de facto monopoly.

If you don't want to wait 80+ days for turnaround time, you can choose not do get your raw comic book slabbed. Or, you can pay the more expensive "fast track" fee and get your books back in a more reasonable time frame.

The choice is your's.

a friend of mine submitted one comic for ss at the heroes con in june and this was his first time and from the turn around times on the website he thought it would be back around august so needless to say he will never submit anymore.somethings just got to give with these delays. i love cgc but #@!%