• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,969 posts in this topic

Collectors shouldn't be as concerned as a flipper about TAT, cause the book gets tucked away anyway. Flippers need to put up or shut up.
So you don't mind waving goodbye to your books for 3-9 months and paying for the privilege of doing it?
At any given point in time, I might have books at CGC, books being pressed, books at Heritage, Clink, CC, MCS, etc. I'm also often waiting for checks from auction houses which translates to months from the time I send my book(s) off. There are times I can't buy/bid a book because everything is in limbo.It all gets a little confusing, fustrating and even exciting, but I am at the helm and when its all clicking in the cycle, with a little luck, sometimes I am glad CGC held my book so long. Time is a comic books best friend generally. These days I tend to have more time than money so I try to buy smarter books that generally sell for a profit, earn a bump in grade, or are just plain grail to me. If CGC is holding an AF15 of mine for 1 year, it is still mine and earning interest the whole time its there. Least of my worries. Flipping books that go Express is my main focus, not moderns.

Yeah, you twerps that can ony afford to flip moderns need to put up or shut up. If you aren't going big and going express then quit you whining.

BTW, express and walk through are about the only two tiers on schedule.

Ya know, I'm kinda offended by this statement. So since I can only afford to dabble in moderns I'm a twerp and you "big boys" who deal in silver are better than me? F$%k you!

I am packing up to move and was boxing slabs and for some reason looked at a recent 9.8 that i got back not too long ago. There is no way it should be a 9.8. On the flip-side If I sell it, the buyer would probably notice that as well and would return it. I like it but now I am stuck with it forever.

That is the double edged sword, huh? Ten years of educating BUYERS of slabs have helped set the bar of what a BUYER should expect in 9.8....they can pull the wool over the submitter and make them think they got a "great upgrade", but it won't matter much if an educated buyer discounts the book accordingly, thus skewing GPA, thus creating more downward spiral...

It's better just to do the grading job right the first time. Maybe hire back some of their old school graders to consult and keep the gang in line.

i agree. I was going to sell it, but i would have to find someone new or something who would want it and wouldn't examine the book but there really isn't any need to examine the book, there is just no way it should have come back the grade it did. i'll keep it. it's a great book. looks good. wonder how many they are letting slip by as 9.8's that really aren't 9.8s... don't think many people would argue for a downgrade lol

Collectors shouldn't be as concerned as a flipper about TAT, cause the book gets tucked away anyway. Flippers need to put up or shut up.
So you don't mind waving goodbye to your books for 3-9 months and paying for the privilege of doing it?
At any given point in time, I might have books at CGC, books being pressed, books at Heritage, Clink, CC, MCS, etc. I'm also often waiting for checks from auction houses which translates to months from the time I send my book(s) off. There are times I can't buy/bid a book because everything is in limbo.It all gets a little confusing, fustrating and even exciting, but I am at the helm and when its all clicking in the cycle, with a little luck, sometimes I am glad CGC held my book so long. Time is a comic books best friend generally. These days I tend to have more time than money so I try to buy smarter books that generally sell for a profit, earn a bump in grade, or are just plain grail to me. If CGC is holding an AF15 of mine for 1 year, it is still mine and earning interest the whole time its there. Least of my worries. Flipping books that go Express is my main focus, not moderns.

Yeah, you twerps that can ony afford to flip moderns need to put up or shut up. If you aren't going big and going express then quit you whining.

Ya know, I'm kinda offended by this statement. So since I can only afford to dabble in moderns I'm a twerp and you "big boys" who deal in silver are better than me? F$%k you!

I think Mike was being sarcastic about Junkdrawer's post.

;)

I think Mike was being sarcastic about Junkdrawer's post.

;)

Yeah, I was definitely being sarcastic. I hope Chainnball was just adding to it, otherwise, that's a little quick with the FUs. Edited by MCMiles

i agree. I was going to sell it, but i would have to find someone new or something who would want it and wouldn't examine the book but there really isn't any need to examine the book, there is just no way it should have come back the grade it did. i'll keep it. it's a great book. looks good. wonder how many they are letting slip by as 9.8's that really aren't 9.8s... don't think many people would argue for a downgrade lol
It doesn't help preserve the value of the true 9.8s if they keep mis-grading. And you should complain, cause technically once you sell that for a drastic discount then guess what? Everyone else is expecting that price, even for the true 9.8s. It's messing up current collectors who bought higher as well as future sellers. It will eventually discourage submissions for the issue. They'll see. Delicate is the balance.

Apparently Fast Track is no longer Fast Track. My books were sent in 1st week of September and still have not been graded. But, according to CGC Fast Track is still on time,

Yup. I think the underlying problem can be blamed exclusively on one factor. All the damn modern Walking Dead books that are being subbed. Everyone stop sending in this junk. :censored:

Apparently Fast Track is no longer Fast Track. My books were sent in 1st week of September and still have not been graded. But, according to CGC Fast Track is still on time,

Yup. I think the underlying problem can be blamed exclusively on one factor. All the damn modern Walking Dead books that are being subbed. Everyone stop sending in this junk. :censored:

I have 5 junky modern WDs that are on slow track from SD. :banana:

I have 5 junky modern WDs that are on slow track from SD. :banana:

Isn't everything from CGC slow track

Quick question....who do we complain to at CGC for misleading customers with their false timelines? because I spent $310.00 for fast tracking and it has not happended....what do they do for customers to rectify this issue if anything?

It wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't just bragged about having graded 2 million comics. That's $30,000,000 if you figure it at the old rate of $15 per book on moderns. I'm sure they're not cheap but you would think they could spring for at least one more slabbing machine so that when they're doing on-site grading production isn't reduced due to the transit time of sending one to and from a con leaving only one running back in Florida. (shrug)

Quick question....who do we complain to at CGC for misleading customers with their false timelines? because I spent $310.00 for fast tracking and it has not happended....what do they do for customers to rectify this issue if anything?

You're in luck. They're about to announce the "Super Fast Track" service.

For another $10 per book on top of the Fast Track fee, they'll grade your Fast Track books on time.

It's a win/win.

You're in luck. They're about to announce the "Super Fast Track" service.

For another $10 per book on top of the Fast Track fee, they'll grade your Fast Track books on time.

It's a win/win.

Yeah no thanks.

Pretty sure I read that Fast Track service is now 1/2 the time it takes for regular service. It's not a set amount of days.

I'm pretty sure you didn't hear that from a CGC employee.