• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,967 posts in this topic

Put up or shut up, dawg.

In what manner, homeslice? I have plenty of books that don't justify subbing knowing I have to wait 6 months or more.

...wether they are for flipping or not.

weather

Put up or shut up, dawg.

In what manner, homeslice? I have plenty of books that don't justify subbing knowing I have to wait 6 months or more.

weather

whether

Put up or shut up, dawg.

weather

It's clear and mild here.

Collectors shouldn't be as concerned as a flipper about TAT, cause the book gets tucked away anyway. Flippers need to put up or shut up.
So you don't mind waving goodbye to your books for 3-9 months and paying for the privilege of doing it?
At any given point in time, I might have books at CGC, books being pressed, books at Heritage, Clink, CC, MCS, etc. I'm also often waiting for checks from auction houses which translates to months from the time I send my book(s) off. There are times I can't buy/bid a book because everything is in limbo.It all gets a little confusing, fustrating and even exciting, but I am at the helm and when its all clicking in the cycle, with a little luck, sometimes I am glad CGC held my book so long. Time is a comic books best friend generally. These days I tend to have more time than money so I try to buy smarter books that generally sell for a profit, earn a bump in grade, or are just plain grail to me. If CGC is holding an AF15 of mine for 1 year, it is still mine and earning interest the whole time its there. Least of my worries. Flipping books that go Express is my main focus, not moderns.

It doesn't really matter to 'flippers' as everyone,unless you go do 'onsite' is waiting the same delay period anyway. And if you go onsite,then the incurred costs are going to have to be put up against the sale price.

Its an even playing field for flippers,collectors and everyone inbetween.

The only people who will get hurt is CGC as someone (maybe even from inside cgc) must see the huge potential $ income from establishing an ethical responsibe and timely competetor.

That is certainly not in Sarasota.

I think the UK may see a grading company within 12 - 18 months.

Maybe involving someone from here.....

Edited by Andy70

It doesn't really matter to 'flippers' as everyone,unless you go do 'onsite' is waiting the same delay period anyway. And if you go onsite,then the incurred costs are going to have to be put up against the sale price.

Its an even playing field for flippers,collectors and everyone inbetween.

The only people who will get hurt is CGC as someone (maybe even from inside cgc) must see the huge potential $ income from establishing an ethical responsibe and timely competetor.

That is certainly not in Sarasota.

I think the UK may see a grading company within 12 - 18 months.

Maybe involving someone from here.....

I wish someone would compete with Comcast

I'll start a cable company with you. But all I can provide are Alf reruns and a reality show in which a camera watches me sleep.

Collectors shouldn't be as concerned as a flipper about TAT, cause the book gets tucked away anyway. Flippers need to put up or shut up.
So you don't mind waving goodbye to your books for 3-9 months and paying for the privilege of doing it?
At any given point in time, I might have books at CGC, books being pressed, books at Heritage, Clink, CC, MCS, etc. I'm also often waiting for checks from auction houses which translates to months from the time I send my book(s) off. There are times I can't buy/bid a book because everything is in limbo.It all gets a little confusing, fustrating and even exciting, but I am at the helm and when its all clicking in the cycle, with a little luck, sometimes I am glad CGC held my book so long. Time is a comic books best friend generally. These days I tend to have more time than money so I try to buy smarter books that generally sell for a profit, earn a bump in grade, or are just plain grail to me. If CGC is holding an AF15 of mine for 1 year, it is still mine and earning interest the whole time its there. Least of my worries. Flipping books that go Express is my main focus, not moderns.

Yeah, you twerps that can ony afford to flip moderns need to put up or shut up. If you aren't going big and going express then quit you whining.

BTW, express and walk through are about the only two tiers on schedule.

I'll start a cable company with you. But all I can provide are Alf reruns and a reality show in which a camera watches me sleep.

Sorry. I'll get that camera out of there. I didn't know you found out... :whistle:

I am packing up to move and was boxing slabs and for some reason looked at a recent 9.8 that i got back not too long ago. There is no way it should be a 9.8. On the flip-side If I sell it, the buyer would probably notice that as well and would return it. I like it but now I am stuck with it forever.

That is the double edged sword, huh? Ten years of educating BUYERS of slabs have helped set the bar of what a BUYER should expect in 9.8....they can pull the wool over the submitter and make them think they got a "great upgrade", but it won't matter much if an educated buyer discounts the book accordingly, thus skewing GPA, thus creating more downward spiral...

It's better just to do the grading job right the first time. Maybe hire back some of their old school graders to consult and keep the gang in line.

Yeah, you twerps that can ony afford to flip moderns need to put up or shut up. If you aren't going big and going express then quit you whining.

BTW, express and walk through are about the only two tiers on schedule.

lol. Yeah, I wasn't sure if I read that wrong or not. If all I was subbing was express, I couldn't care less that cgc is behind the other tiers.