• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

27,002 posts in this topic

From going through this thread, it seems pretty obvious that every single time people complain about turnaround times that are absolutely insane (eg. twice what everyone else is reporting, a month overdue for fast tracks, etc), there's an extenuating circumstance behind it that has nothing to do with CGC.

- the books weren't actually fast-tracked

- the books were subbed through a store that took a month to send them in

- the books were sent in for a pre-screen (which usually doubles the turnaround time)

etc

I didn't send any books in and they are taking FOREVER!

From going through this thread, it seems pretty obvious that every single time people complain about turnaround times that are absolutely insane (eg. twice what everyone else is reporting, a month overdue for fast tracks, etc), there's an extenuating circumstance behind it that has nothing to do with CGC.

- the books were sent in for a pre-screen (which usually doubles the turnaround time)

etc

I feel ya man! WTF!

etc

I don't see them going a month over due for FTs. There probably is a misunderstanding or a unique problem there.

This is a fact: I have an Eco FT (20 day turn around) that is on the 26th day. This is the third FT I've had go five days or more over.

It's actually not that big of a deal to me, but I drop off and pick up everything and try to schedule my visits when I expect subs will be ready so I'm often pushing back the days I want to go there, which also pushes back how quickly I can sub other books.

This becomes a bigger problem for me because I submit a lot of books for customers for various reasons. They usually want those subbed as quickly as possible. Every once in a while I have a customer that doesn't have their own account and it's a pain in the azz trying to explain that CGC is behind. I hate making excuses, even if it is out of my control.

etc

I don't see them going a month over due for FTs. There probably is a misunderstanding or a unique problem there.

This is a fact: I have an Eco FT (20 day turn around) that is on the 26th day. This is the third FT I've had go five days or more over.

It's actually not that big of a deal to me, but I drop off and pick up everything and try to schedule my visits when I expect subs will be ready so I'm often pushing back the days I want to go there, which also pushes back how quickly I can sub other books.

This becomes a bigger problem for me because I submit a lot of books for customers for various reasons. They usually want those subbed as quickly as possible. Every once in a while I have a customer that doesn't have their own account and it's a pain in the azz trying to explain that CGC is behind. I hate making excuses, even if it is out of my control.

I hate when that happens.

I posted in the other thread, but since this is more popular I will say here.

I sent in 1 comic Economy Fast Track.

They received it 8/24

It was graded 9/21

Took till today 10/5 before it was shipped.

I may have it by Wednesday. They were behind on that 20 biz days.

Now I had sent in some moderns for Modern Fast Track on the same day (received 8/24) and they marked those as shipped to me 9/10, so they doing good on those.

Edited by bruce21wayne21

I hate making excuses, even if it is out of my control.

I hate when that happens.

Why? Comic collectors are so reasonable?

lol

etc

I feel ya man! WTF!

LOUD NOISES!!

Pretty unhappy but not with CGC......

USPS Turn around time. :frustrated:

I fast tracked two Walking Dead #100 (Lucille Bat Black cover variants)

CGC graded them actually in less than 10 business days, however I still have not received the package that was mailed out by CGC on 9-11-2012.

So who is to blame right now is our lovely US Government.

Maybe when I get the WD #100's back I will lose even more money.

I fast tracked them to have the first couple graded, so CGC did it's job however USPS registered mail has insured me they are now worthless! (thumbs u

I had to open up a case with them just now.

What a joke.......

I didn't realize that the USPS was so anti-flipper meh

M

It wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't just bragged about having graded 2 million comics. That's $30,000,000 if you figure it at the old rate of $15 per book on moderns. I'm sure they're not cheap but you would think they could spring for at least one more slabbing machine so that when they're doing on-site grading production isn't reduced due to the transit time of sending one to and from a con leaving only one running back in Florida. (shrug)

Wow. 30 million bucks... But wait, that's been only 3 mil a year. Puts in a different light.

M
It wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't just bragged about having graded 2 million comics. That's $30,000,000 if you figure it at the old rate of $15 per book on moderns. I'm sure they're not cheap but you would think they could spring for at least one more slabbing machine so that when they're doing on-site grading production isn't reduced due to the transit time of sending one to and from a con leaving only one running back in Florida. (shrug)

Wow. 30 million bucks... But wait, that's been only 3 mil a year. Puts in a different light.

add in rent, utilities, payroll, insurance, maintenance costs, etc., etc.

No wonder they needed to start charging for grader's notes, they were going under! :o

meh

M

No wonder they needed to start charging for grader's notes, they were going under! :o

meh

But that's at the minimum of $15 per book which MANY of them were not. It's almost double that price now for a Silver or Bronze age Economy sub isn't it?

M

meh

But that's at the minimum of $15 per book which MANY of them were not. It's almost double that price now for a Silver or Bronze age Economy sub isn't it?

Plus, the majority of the rent, utilities, insurance, maintenance costs, etc., etc. are being covered by the coin side of the business that occupies the same space.

M

meh

Plus, the majority of the rent, utilities, insurance, maintenance costs, etc., etc. are being covered by the coin side of the business that occupies the same space.

hm

then the extra money is probably going to storage locker rental for all the backed up books that they won't get to in the next 4 years :D

:facepalm:

What I find confusing is this....

Three orders.

Order 1 and Order 2 were marked safe/shipped while Order 3 was marked scheduled for grading. Remains this way for about a week

Order 1 and 2 remain safe/shipped while Order 3 is placed into safe/shipped (add about another week)

Order 3 shows up on my doorstep while Order 2 and 3 are still somewhere out there.

Order 1 and 2 still do not have a tracking number. I was hoping to get the books back before NYCC.

Edited by Buzzetta