• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,969 posts in this topic

I finally emailed them about my book and got a 'not even graded yet and weeks away " which i expected. . Sent in June for a gift for someone and that long passed. At the rate they told me they are up to i expect them back in 2013. I had planned on sending more books thats not happening. I understand issue happen, But this is so unreasonable. I remember I had Matt Nelson restore a book for me. He said 3 months,. he was behind and emailed me that he couldnt deliver and would take another 2 months. He also added some services to what I was asking for (I had a cover coming off to fix ) and he did more work (color tocuhes, cover wash, tear repairs etc ) all for free and shipped it back for free to make up his not getting it back to me in a reasonable time. Something this late , they should give people a discount or something. If I send a book in June it should not come back Nov or beyond.

I wonder if we're going to see a premium charge in slabbed books because the turn around time is so long? Will a slabbed book garner more than it's worth simply because the availability is less and slabbing takes so much time? Is anyone seeing anything like that?

Had a group of Value Fast Track books verified on 9/6/2012. Graded 10/4/12.

not bad. If you don't count the verification date, thats 20 business days. Now I know that it takes some time to get to the verification stage, and some time to get to the shipped out phase, but 40 days total, or Pay $10 less per book for the 5-7 month treatment.

The lesson as always... don't flip moderns.

For those waiting the current time of 7+ months for Economy submissions, I thought it would be constructive for us to come up with a few things folks can do while they wait.

I'll make the first contribution. You could walk from Los Angeles to New York City. If you walked a reasonable 3 miles per hour and 10 hours a day, you can make the trip in roughly 93 days. Given this data, you'll have time to talk from LA to NY, then back to LA and probably make it back to Denver on the trip back to NY.

If you live in Denver, this could be extremely convenient as you'd get home around the time your submission got there.

I wonder if we're going to see a premium charge in slabbed books because the turn around time is so long? Will a slabbed book garner more than it's worth simply because the availability is less and slabbing takes so much time? Is anyone seeing anything like that?

A scarce book in a scarce cgc holder... hm

Pretty sure I read that Fast Track service is now 1/2 the time it takes for regular service. It's not a set amount of days.

My books are now on 25 Business days that is past double the time and not even graded yet.

did you call them to inquire? does your online account say fast tracked on the invoice?

Pretty unhappy but not with CGC......

USPS Turn around time. :frustrated:

I fast tracked two Walking Dead #100 (Lucille Bat Black cover variants)

CGC graded them actually in less than 10 business days, however I still have not received the package that was mailed out by CGC on 9-11-2012.

So who is to blame right now is our lovely US Government.

Maybe when I get the WD #100's back I will lose even more money.

I fast tracked them to have the first couple graded, so CGC did it's job however USPS registered mail has insured me they are now worthless! (thumbs u

I had to open up a case with them just now.

What a joke.......

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

yeah, i think they lost your books man. its almost a month and you have not gotten them back. they lost your books :(

Honestly they probably didn't.

I have seen this before.

They will find it and make up some excuses why they lost.

Registered Mail is usually tough to lose since they need a signature to deliver it.

Pretty sure I read that Fast Track service is now 1/2 the time it takes for regular service. It's not a set amount of days.

My books are now on 25 Business days that is past double the time and not even graded yet.

did you call them to inquire? does your online account say fast tracked on the invoice?

I call shenanigans.

The last modern fast track invoice I have gotten back was received on 9/7/2012 and shipped on 09/25/12.

I have another modern fast track invoice that was received on 9/18/12 and has been graded, but not shipped yet.

If Sleepindeath has a modern fast track submission with a CGC received date of early September and it still hasn't been graded, the books weren't fast-tracked.

From going through this thread, it seems pretty obvious that every single time people complain about turnaround times that are absolutely insane (eg. twice what everyone else is reporting, a month overdue for fast tracks, etc), there's an extenuating circumstance behind it that has nothing to do with CGC.

- the books weren't actually fast-tracked

- the books were subbed through a store that took a month to send them in

- the books were sent in for a pre-screen (which usually doubles the turnaround time)

etc