• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,047 posts in this topic

Modern submission #4 (not fast track)

Received: 12/27/13

Back before February? :wishluck:

Verified: 12/31/13

Scheduled for Grading: 1/17/14

Graded: 1/20/14

Grading/Quality Control: 1/21/14

Shipped/Safe: 1/22/14

Two books standard received 12/26, shipped today 1/22. That seems to be more than 15 business days.

I have pre screen values from 10/7 that say graded not shipped. That's over 3 months on those orders.

I don't see much of any improvement in turn around times the past few months.

CGC is attending three separate shows this weekend.

Two books standard received 12/26, shipped today 1/22. That seems to be more than 15 business days.

I have pre screen values from 10/7 that say graded not shipped. That's over 3 months on those orders.

Moderns have improved by leaps & bounds in the last month ... the other tiers, not so much :tonofbricks:

Moderns have improved by leaps & bounds in the last month ... the other tiers, not so much :tonofbricks:

So true,I am even getting my modern non fast track pre screens back in record time.

Coupon submission.

Invoice Date 1/13/14

Verified Date 1/15/14

Nothing since.

Not looking good for that 15 business day turnaround.

Bah, if you had sent in modern books you'd have them back for a week already. That is apparently the only tier where TAT matters.

They either need to increase the turnaround time estimates, or give some money back when they miss. a la the old $30 minutes or it's free.

If they miss the turnaround time on standard then they should refund so it's the cost of economy.

Of course they would never do this.

They either need to increase the turnaround time estimates, or give some money back when they miss. a la the old $30 minutes or it's free.

If they miss the turnaround time on standard then they should refund so it's the cost of economy.

Turnaround times are estimates, not guarantees, so there is no reason for them to give any refunds. I don't disagree that the TATs on Standard have been a bit disappointing lately. I'm most irritated by the fact that non-FT moderns are coming back faster that FTed Economy, despite the latter tier costing around twice as much as the former. The pricier tiers have been slipping while moderns have been seriously sped up.

Turnaround times are estimates, not guarantees, so there is no reason for them to give any refunds. I don't disagree that the TATs on Standard have been a bit disappointing lately. I'm most irritated by the fact that non-FT moderns are coming back faster that FTed Economy, despite the latter tier costing around twice as much as the former. The pricier tiers have been slipping while moderns have been seriously sped up.

Totally understand that it's an estimate. What I don't like is they know they won't meet the turnaround times that they quote, so it's disingenuous on their part to list those TATs. Also, it looks better to give a longer estimate and then deliver early then give a shorter estimate and be late.

Customer service is all about managing expectations.