• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,951 posts in this topic

I really think on site grading should stop until they catch up on what people have already paid for sitting at their facility, It shouldn't take over a month to verify my 11 identical books.

That makes no business sense. Also, people like onsite grading. That would be a very unpopular decision. It will never happen.

I will have my onsite books back long before my "fast track" from 8/5

I just want my books Bob! Everything needs to stop until I get my books! Have an on site crew or something, My tat should not be punished! ....

If I order a burger at a restaurant and they tell me 10 minutes, But 5 people walk up and mine gets pushed back an hour even though I ordered first... It's not cool man..... I'm not saying it's a realistic expectation but you can't argue that it's fair.

Edited by CODLIVE

Isn't there a rule that you have to have at least 100 posts before you can gripe about anything

:jokealert:

Someone should have told me earlier I believe I complained in my 2nd post lol ... I have sent around 300 books to CGC ... I have earned my complainers rights (

Edited by CODLIVE

I just want my books Bob! Everything needs to stop until I get my books! Have an on site crew or something, My tat should not be punished! ....

If I order a burger at a restaurant and they tell me 10 minutes, But 5 people walk up and mine gets pushed back an hour even though I ordered first... It's not cool man..... I'm not saying it's a realistic expectation but you can't argue that it's fair.

I know, it's frustrating. However, to expound upon your burger at a restaurant analogy, ever notice that when you go inside to order at a Fast Food establishment, the priority is given to the Drive Through.

When I first started submitting to CGC, back in the 2006/2007 timeframe, there was no Fast Track, there was no 5.00 tier charge, a CGC membership got you 20% off, you could call and talk to a grader about the notes, Quality Control was excellent, and the turnaround times were fine. :preach: What happened ?

I know, it's frustrating. However, to expound upon your burger at a restaurant analogy, ever notice that when you go inside to order at a Fast Food establishment, the priority is given to the Drive Through.

Haha, You are right!... But CGC is not the fast food of the grading world, They are at least a Fridays or a Chili's.... I'm just getting anxious I sell half of the books that I submit to fund my obsession and to maximize profits it requires timing.... I'm also a procrastinator and I wait until the last minute so that doesn't help!

Edited by CODLIVE

Just to be argumentative: How is that true? They typically have only a single dive through window but three or four registers inside. Inside is a lot faster.

Just to be argumentative: How is that true? They typically have only a single dive through window but three or four registers inside. Inside is a lot faster.

Though they have 3 or 4 registers did you ever notice that 'usually' only one is open. lol

I do think they give priority to getting the drive through orders out the window to keep the queue lines down. Real story: I was inside waiting for my order while they were making fries. When the fries came out they quickly scooped all of them up for the Drive Through orders. Everyone inside had to wait for the next batch. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

MST > Received: 5/15 > Verified: 6/10 > Scheduled for Grading: 6/18 > Graded: 7/02 > Grading/Quality Control: 7/15 > Shipped/Safe: 7/15 *

MST > Received: 6/02 > Verified: 7/01 > Scheduled for Grading: 7/10 > Graded: 7/16 > Graded/Quality Control: Skipped > Shipped/Safe: 7/28 *

MFT > Received: 6/02 > Verified: 6/10 > Scheduled for Grading: 6/16 > Graded: 6/23 > Graded/Quality Control: 6/26 > Shipped/Safe: 6/30 *

MST > Received: 6/25 > Verified: 7/30 > Scheduled for Grading: 8/25 > Graded: 8/26 >

MST > Received: 6/26 > Verified: 8/05 > Scheduled for Grading: 8/08 > Graded: 8/08 > Grading/Quality Control: 8/13 > Shipped/Safe: 8/19 *

MFT > Received: 6/25 > Verified: 6/30 > Scheduled for Grading: 7/08 > Graded: 7/11 > Grading/Quality Control: 7/15 > Shipped/Safe: 7/17 *

MFT > Received: 7/14 > Verified: 7/15 > Scheduled for Grading: 7/21 > Graded: 7/23 > Graded/Quality Control: 7/30 > Shipped/Safe: 8/01 *

MFT > Received: 7/17 > Verified: 7/18 > Scheduled for Grading: 7/29 > Graded: 7/30 > Grading/Quality Control: 7/31 > Shipped/Safe: 8/4 *

MST > Received: 8/04 >

MST > Received: 8/05 >

MST > Received: 8/05 >

MST > Received: 8/06 >

MFT (Pre-Screen) > Received: 8/27

MFT > Received: 9/05

My Coupon submission seems to be going slower than expected.

08/06/14 - verified.

08/26/14 - still verified...

This is supposed to be a 15 day turn around and tomorrow is day 15.

Update:

08/27 - Scheduled for grading.

08/28 - Graded.

08/29 - (still) Graded (come on, don't make me wait the 3 day weekend to find out the grades! That is cruel!!!!)

09/02 - Still Graded.

09/04 - Shipped/Safe.

It took about a week longer than expected...

08/06/14 - verified.

Update:

08/28 - Graded.

08/29 - (still) Graded (come on, don't make me wait the 3 day weekend to find out the grades! That is cruel!!!!)

09/02 - Still Graded.

09/04 - Shipped/Safe.

My coupon books should hit CGC next week after they're pressed. It'd be nice to have them back by Halloween. :wishluck:

Day 29 on my 15 Day Coupon Submission. .

This is unacceptable, right?

day 15 not including weekends>>>5 day Magazine Express Submission

:facepalm:

receive Aug 18

was told it will be ship to me by Friday 9/5 no email receive or imaged. :boo:

From experience, magazine submissions can be unexpectedly longer than normal. It's the encapsulation. I was told they have to stop and re-calibrate the machine for the larger slab size. Of course maybe they now have more machines ?

08/06/14 - verified.

Update:

08/28 - Graded.

09/02 - Still Graded.

09/04 - Shipped/Safe.

My coupon books should hit CGC next week after they're pressed. It'd be nice to have them back by Halloween. :wishluck:

Right now it's wishful thinking.

I don't know how their system works, but Kaptain. Kollector got his several days earlier than my submission. My submission was even sent off several days earlier .

08/06/14 - verified.

Update:

08/28 - Graded.

09/02 - Still Graded.

09/04 - Shipped/Safe.

Right now it's wishful thinking.

I don't know how their system works, but Kaptain. Kollector got his several days earlier than my submission. My submission was even sent off several days earlier .

#FIFO! :banana: