• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,969 posts in this topic

Looks like EFT is about 35-40 business days.

doh!:boo::tonofbricks::juggle:

Guess that means EST would be 70-80 business days. Wow that is a lot of waiting. Means about 100+ calender days.

My modern slow track from 8/1/14 is still sitting at received. So your economy books are likely at 80+, especially with NYCC coming up.

Guess that means EST would be 70-80 business days. Wow that is a lot of waiting. Means about 100+ calender days.

My modern slow track from 8/1/14 is still sitting at received. So your economy books are likely at 80+, especially with NYCC coming up.

Ya I have MST also from 8/1. Good thing I have nothing else to be sent in. Less I snag something for dropoff at NYCC lol

Edited by iceman399

Ya I have MST also from 8/1. Good thing I have nothing else to be sent in. Less I snag something for dropoff at NYCC lol

Does anyone worry that the hot book you submitted in August wont be hot anymore when you get it back in November? Such a long time to have books sitting around.

Does anyone worry that the hot book you submitted in August wont be hot anymore when you get it back in November? Such a long time to have books sitting around.

It absolutely is an issue with hot books. Anything hot or looking to get hot has to be sent in fast track.

MFT ALL HOT BOOKS!

It absolutely is an issue with hot books. Anything hot or looking to get hot has to be sent in fast track.

Which in turn increases the cost for the slab up to $35 or so with shipping (larger order). There definitely a complex "game" involved with picking the books worth slabbing and figuring the optimum slabbing method to make some cash at the end of it all.

Which in turn increases the cost for the slab up to $35 or so with shipping (larger order). There definitely a complex "game" involved with picking the books worth slabbing and figuring the optimum slabbing method to make some cash at the end of it all.

Yes yes it does. Relocate to Sarasota so that you don't need to worry about shipping lol

Yes yes it does. Relocate to Sarasota so that you don't need to worry about shipping lol

Fast track a book, pressings, shipping. Sometimes it just makes sense to sell it raw for less.

Not only a quick 16 day MFT but a nice surprise too! :o

AvengersAnnual10_zps39355fa1.jpg

1st one ever!! Nice!

Wonder what you would price it at? $1,500?

Edited by 1Cool

Econ order received June 9. Website says "50 business days." CS at CGC said "current turnaround time for Econ is 3.5 to 4 months, so your order is actually ahead of schedule."

Not too terribly pleased with the idea that my order is *ahead* of schedule at 75 business days, with the underlying subtext being "you shouldn't have a problem with this."

Previous Submissions

MST > Received: 5/15 > Verified: 6/10 > Scheduled for Grading: 6/18 > Graded: 7/02 > Grading/Quality Control: 7/15 > Shipped/Safe: 7/15 *

MST > Received: 6/02 > Verified: 7/01 > Scheduled for Grading: 7/10 > Graded: 7/16 > Graded/Quality Control: Skipped > Shipped/Safe: 7/28 *

MFT > Received: 6/02 > Verified: 6/10 > Scheduled for Grading: 6/16 > Graded: 6/23 > Graded/Quality Control: 6/26 > Shipped/Safe: 6/30 *

MST > Received: 6/26 > Verified: 8/05 > Scheduled for Grading: 8/08 > Graded: 8/08 > Grading/Quality Control: 8/13 > Shipped/Safe: 8/19 *

MFT > Received: 6/25 > Verified: 6/30 > Scheduled for Grading: 7/08 > Graded: 7/11 > Grading/Quality Control: 7/15 > Shipped/Safe: 7/17 *

MFT > Received: 7/14 > Verified: 7/15 > Scheduled for Grading: 7/21 > Graded: 7/23 > Graded/Quality Control: 7/30 > Shipped/Safe: 8/01 *

MFT > Received: 7/17 > Verified: 7/18 > Scheduled for Grading: 7/29 > Graded: 7/30 > Grading/Quality Control: 7/31 > Shipped/Safe: 8/4 *

MST > Received: 6/25 > Verified: 7/30 > Scheduled for Grading: 8/25 > Graded: 8/26 > Grading/Quality Control: 9/8 >

MST > Received: 8/04 >

MST > Received: 8/05 >

MST > Received: 8/05 >

MST > Received: 8/06 >

MFT (Pre-Screen) > Received: 8/27 > Verified: 9/09 > Scheduled for Grading: 9/10 > Graded: 9/11 > Grading/Quality Control: 9/15 >

MFT > Received: 9/05 > Verified: 9/12 >

I dont know what one to keep now lol my goal was a 9.8 and to sell the other. Now it's decision time. Since its the lone 9.9 and highest graded it would take more than $1500 to pry it away for sure.

I would put it up for auction. It should yield you the most money.

I dont know what one to keep now lol my goal was a 9.8 and to sell the other. Now it's decision time. Since its the lone 9.9 and highest graded it would take more than $1500 to pry it away for sure.

Yeah, If I decide to sell that one I will probably go with E-bay and a best offer option on a big number. Just to see what kind of offers are out there.

Too bad he didn't get it last month - it probably would have done great at the ComicLink auction last week. Crazy high prices realized for some of the 9.8/9.9s.