• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,951 posts in this topic

I think anyone who's ever submitted a book or has followed this thread for the past 6 months shouldn't be surprised. The TATs are long, not what the website states etc.

You can either accept it or go somewhere else. If you have a concern, call them. They are available and pick up the phone during hours of operation.

Not sure what else you can do here but look at the averages people post.

Have a good day :foryou:

I think anyone who's ever submitted a book or has followed this thread for the past 6 months shouldn't be surprised. The TATs are long, not what the website states etc.

You can either accept it or go somewhere else. If you have a concern, call them. They are available and pick up the phone during hours of operation.

Misery loves company...

My 5 books have been sealed in the inner well and are now waiting for encapsulation and QC. They were sent on June 2nd. Value Fast Track.

Blah. I want my books. :(

Peace,

Chip

Wow that doesn't seem right.

I think I would call to be refunded the $50 extra you paid since it more of the value TAT than value fast track.

I'm not surprised anymore by anything having to do with TATs or FIFO. Just consistently disappointed.

My 5 books have been sealed in the inner well and are now waiting for encapsulation and QC. They were sent on June 2nd. Value Fast Track.

Peace,

Chip

I think I would call to be refunded the $50 extra you paid since it more of the value TAT than value fast track.

I don't buy it. My last VFT was received by CGC in early August and they told me yesterday it'll ship sometime next week. The sub before that was VFT and took around 5-6 weeks. Why is he so special that his VFT is taking 3 months?

Peace,

Chip

I don't buy it. My last VFT was received by CGC in early August and they told me yesterday it'll ship sometime next week. The sub before that was VFT and took around 5-6 weeks. Why is he so special that his VFT is taking 3 months?

Maybe it didn't get FTed? Regular value takes about 3 months, so that'd be about right.

Peace,

Chip

Maybe it didn't get FTed? Regular value takes about 3 months, so that'd be about right.

Maybe...but he said they were VFT (shrug)

I understand you but some of the other posts baffle me
Like?

Steve supremo for one. I'd call if I wanted some answers. It's not like CGC is going to respond here.

The other is that guy who wants to stop onsite grading . Why would they stop from making more money. People will continue to submit despite their tats

If you want a graded book in less time then submitt at a different site or or onsite or walk thru

Like?

Steve supremo for one. I'd call if I wanted some answers. It's not like CGC is going to respond here.

The other is that guy who wants to stop onsite grading . Why would they stop from making more money. People will continue to submit despite their tats

If you want a graded book in less time then submitt at a different site or or onsite or walk thru

I would have to say the option of them hiring more people works as well. They are too backed up, and not doing anything to correct this. It's BS.

I really think on site grading should stop until they catch up on what people have already paid for sitting at their facility, It shouldn't take over a month to verify my 11 identical books.

That makes no business sense. Also, people like onsite grading. That would be a very unpopular decision. It will never happen.

You're taking a very short sighted approach in looking at this. You want to talk poor business sense? How about starting with the fact that this thread exists. Of course every single person who subs books is giving CGC absolute approval to continue being slow so there's zero incentive for them to improve. Why stop on site grading until they get caught up? Why hire more people? Why bother to address anything? You all will keep subbing anyway. It's crazy.

Day 29 on my 15 Day Coupon Submission. .

This is unacceptable, right?

day 15 not including weekends>>>5 day Magazine Express Submission

:facepalm:

receive Aug 18

was told it will be ship to me by Friday 9/5 no email receive or imaged. :boo:

From experience, magazine submissions can be unexpectedly longer than normal. It's the encapsulation. I was told they have to stop and re-calibrate the machine for the larger slab size. Of course maybe they now have more machines ?

At this point I don't think unexpectedly can ever be used in the same sentence as late when it comes to CGC.

Ftr I like CGC. I just don't get why people don't vote for change with their wallets. Stop subbing for awhile. I guarantee the world will not come to a crashing halt. Demand they address their lateness issue. Continuing to give them money doesn't effect change. Anybody ever ask CGC why they don't invoice at the time they ship? Lots of businesses operate in such a fashion. I'd bet a years salary against anybody that there delivery performance would improve 10 fold if they were getting paid after they delivered and not before.

Like?

I would have to say the option of them hiring more people works as well. They are too backed up, and not doing anything to correct this. It's BS.

Investing in another encapsulation machine or two would be cheaper and would directly impact one of their key problems. My last value sub sat in graded status for a full calendar month waiting to be encapsulated and shipped. That is crazy.

Ftr I like CGC. I just don't get why people don't vote for change with their wallets. Stop subbing for awhile. I guarantee the world will not come to a crashing halt. Demand they address their lateness issue. Continuing to give them money doesn't effect change.

...this. X 100. :applause:

I haven't subbed in 2 years...and that was with my coupons.

Edited by akaSteveRogers

Ftr I like CGC. I just don't get why people don't vote for change with their wallets. Stop subbing for awhile. I guarantee the world will not come to a crashing halt. Demand they address their lateness issue. Continuing to give them money doesn't effect change.

I may sub another book one day. But I'll go into it without bothering to pay any attention to any of their stated delivery times. I'll pay for whatever is economical/required and I'll forget about it. One day, apparently far off in the future, I'll get a surprise package in the mail and I'm sure I'll be thrilled. What I won't to is moan about how late they are. Complaining is fine. Complaining while continuing to sub is simultaneously hilarious and head scratching.

Day 29 on my 15 Day Coupon Submission. .

This is unacceptable, right?

day 15 not including weekends>>>5 day Magazine Express Submission

:facepalm:

receive Aug 18

was told it will be ship to me by Friday 9/5 no email receive or imaged. :boo:

From experience, magazine submissions can be unexpectedly longer than normal. It's the encapsulation. I was told they have to stop and re-calibrate the machine for the larger slab size. Of course maybe they now have more machines ?

At this point I don't think unexpectedly can ever be used in the same sentence as late when it comes to CGC.

Ftr I like CGC. I just don't get why people don't vote for change with their wallets. Stop subbing for awhile. I guarantee the world will not come to a crashing halt. Demand they address their lateness issue. Continuing to give them money doesn't effect change. Anybody ever ask CGC why they don't invoice at the time they ship? Lots of businesses operate in such a fashion. I'd bet a years salary against anybody that there delivery performance would improve 10 fold if they were getting paid after they delivered and not before.

This is essentially how pre-screens operate and those run even later than standard submissions.

I may sub another book one day. But I'll go into it without bothering to pay any attention to any of their stated delivery times. I'll pay for whatever is economical/required and I'll forget about it. One day, apparently far off in the future, I'll get a surprise package in the mail and I'm sure I'll be thrilled. What I won't to is moan about how late they are. Complaining is fine. Complaining while continuing to sub is simultaneously hilarious and head scratching.

this is what I was trying to say but I'm not so eloquent. people think that their submission will be any different than the last 300+ pages before this one. It will not, chances are it will be greater. is it right - no. But it is the reality of wanting to get your comics graded with CGC at this time.