• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,977 posts in this topic

MST - 9 books

Received 5/19/15

Verified 7/22/15

Scheduled for Grading 7/31/15

Graded 8/6/15

MST - 9 books

Received 6/15/15

Verified 8/12/15

My dollar! :cry:

MST - 9 books

Received 5/19/15

Verified 7/22/15

Graded 8/6/15

MST - 9 books

Received 6/15/15

Verified 8/12/15

It took 2 months to get the books verified??

Not to be a stick in the mud, but isn't that too late if there IS a problem with verification? We've all heard horror stories about packages being opened in the mail & books being taken ... if CGC doesn't do their verification till 2+ months after we ship them off, isn't that too late to file a claim?

Mike

Modern Magazine Submission

Verified on 6/24

Shipped on 8/21

Pretty much 2 months to the day I submitted them at Heroes they are on the way back to me.

MFT:

7/17 - Received

7/24(?) - Verified

8/4 - Scheduled for Grading

8/5 - Graded

8/11 - Grading / Quality Control

8/14 - Shipped

8/21 - RECEIVED! (finally)

So a little over a month. Not bad, especially in the middle of convention season.

I dropped some books off at the Boston Comic Con on August 1st. I have not had any email notifications or know of a way to check the status of my order. Should I be getting some form of notification that I'm in the system or since this was collected onsite at a con I need to wait a bit more?

MST - 9 books

Received 5/19/15

Verified 7/22/15

Graded 8/6/15

MST - 9 books

Received 6/15/15

Verified 8/12/15

It took 2 months to get the books verified??

Not to be a stick in the mud, but isn't that too late if there IS a problem with verification? We've all heard horror stories about packages being opened in the mail & books being taken ... if CGC doesn't do their verification till 2+ months after we ship them off, isn't that too late to file a claim?

Mike

Damn 2 months!!! It use to be a week for verification less than a year ago.... I miss my books :(

MST - 9 books

Received 5/19/15

Verified 7/22/15

Graded 8/6/15

MST - 9 books

Received 6/15/15

Verified 8/12/15

My dollar! :cry:

0e51ebdedd2ebf4db31edbd4d1a93d828e23ab678ddb2160f9f943a4bd47ed49.jpg

Just as a general FYI, Ryan DID make good on his bet (though he really didn't have to). He did send $1 via paypal. He even threw in $.04 to cover the fees! :o

MST - 9 books

Received 5/19/15

Verified 7/22/15

Graded 8/6/15

MST - 9 books

Received 6/15/15

Verified 8/12/15

Scheduled for Grading 8/24/15

Tracking door to door:

Modern Slow Track, 9 Books

Dropped at PO 6-21-15

Marked as Delivered by USPS 6-25-15 (Not sure why this was labeled as a 3 Day Priority Shipment, when the other one was a two day shipment and delivered and entered yesterday)

Marked as received by CGC 6-25-15

Credit Card Billed 6-26-15

Verified 8-25

Also sent one elsewhere so it will be interesting to compare.

MST - 7 books

5/18/15 - Received

7/15/15 - Verified

7/27/15 - SfG

7/29/15 - Graded

8/21/15 - Grading/Quality Control

MST - 5 books

8/6/15 - Received

I'm hoping you heard any more news about your submission because mine was accepted the same day.

I dropped some books off at the Boston Comic Con on August 1st. I have not had any email notifications or know of a way to check the status of my order. Should I be getting some form of notification that I'm in the system or since this was collected onsite at a con I need to wait a bit more?

My books got in the system from Boston on the 10th. I dropped them off on Friday, but still, yours should be in the system. If you're a collector's society member you can monitor your subs. if not... you could call to check to see if it's in the system.

Can someone just PM me when they get to the Phoenix Comic Con submissions? :tonofbricks:

I like to try and forget about my books until they are ready to ship. This thread is not helping any :boo:

When was that? I am waiting on books from C2E2... :(

6/5/2015

Which I think is the Monday after the show.

9 modern books, slow track. (Yes, I know if I had one more book I get a % discount. Couldn't find one in time to put with the order :facepalm: )

How long does it take from the time the books are labeled "GRADED" until the grades are posted on the invoice? (shrug)

Submitted: 6/5/2015

Graded: 8/26/2015

Can someone just PM me when they get to the Phoenix Comic Con submissions? :tonofbricks:

I like to try and forget about my books until they are ready to ship. This thread is not helping any :boo:

When was that? I am waiting on books from C2E2... :(

6/5/2015

Which I think is the Monday after the show.

9 modern books, slow track. (Yes, I know if I had one more book I get a % discount. Couldn't find one in time to put with the order :facepalm: )

How long does it take from the time the books are labeled "GRADED" until the grades are posted on the invoice? (shrug)

Submitted: 6/5/2015

Graded: 8/26/2015

When CGC marks it as shipped will the grades be available. The time all depends on the type of submission you subbed. Then you count all the business days. Except some Friday's for cons and some days for holiday's if applicable. I usually only count 4 days out of the week and hope for the best. :wishluck:

I have a question. Does CGC count the Friday's only if they DO NOT have a con on their event page?