• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,951 posts in this topic

I don't normally do SS books but anyone have experience with time compared to Modern Pre-screens? Which one should I expect back first?

Aren't they technically considered the same tier? :shrug:

Prescreens take longer from the RECEIPT DATE. Not to be confused with the date you sent them in.

Moderns normally are 3-4 weeks faster than Pre-Screen Moderns. So yes technically they are the same but signature series are likely treated slightly different than moderns (just like pre-screens are) so just curious if there is much of a change in pace from a PS to a SS.

:hi: Jeff

Bother were RECEIVED by CGC and put into their system on Dec10th.

Edited by iceman399

I don't normally do SS books but anyone have experience with time compared to Modern Pre-screens? Which one should I expect back first?

Prescreens take longer from the RECEIPT DATE. Not to be confused with the date you sent them in.

Moderns normally are 3-4 weeks faster than Pre-Screen Moderns. So yes technically they are the same but signature series are likely treated slightly different than moderns (just like pre-screens are) so just curious if there is much of a change in pace from a PS to a SS.

I did 3 submissions at NYCC. Two were SS and one normal. I got three packages back three days in a row from CGC, SS, normal, then SS. So there seems to be no difference.

I am still waiting on books from 10/28 sitting at graded so the 11/3 date makes me shrug a bit.

I am on the last of the NYCC books, 10/20. They went to QC yesterday.

And they hit shipped/safe at end of business day today.

I did 3 submissions at NYCC. Two were SS and one normal. I got three packages back three days in a row from CGC, SS, normal, then SS. So there seems to be no difference.

So then I shall expect my ss back a few weeks before! Thanks

The "delay" for SS is in receiving them into the system. Once they are in the system and have a receipt date then the turn around is the same as blue label. So the same delay from SS to prescreens as the delay between universal and prescreens as it relates to receipt date.

:hi:

11 books submitted at NYCC 10/11

Modern Slow Track SS

Received 10/19

Verified 12/17

Scheduled for grading 1/4

Graded 1/19

QC 1/25

Shipped 1/28

Grades came back pretty much as I expected except for one... Got a 9.2 and I'm scratching my head... What the hell are finger bends??? Guess if the book jumps drastically in price I'll resub to ccs and have it pressed before grading...

Question.

When books are marked shipped/safe does CGC usually send you an email with tracking info?

I haven't received one in a long while so I don't think so.

I got one for a package earlier this month but not the one before or this one (Hoping it has shipped already but not really sure),.

Also if you have done con submissions (especially if you do not have an account), you will get zero communication from CGC. The only way to get progress is by phoning or e-mail. There is no way to link invoices to an account if it is not done from the start.

Question.

When books are marked shipped/safe does CGC usually send you an email with tracking info?

Will CGC send you tracking? No. However, if you select UPS shipping (and sign up for a free UPS My Choice Membership), UPS will send you tracking information on your package.

Question.

Will CGC send you tracking? No. However, if you select UPS shipping (and sign up for a free UPS My Choice Membership), UPS will send you tracking information on your package.

Is the similar true for Fedex? If so mind pming/posting how to do that?

Question.

I've never used Fedex for return shipments, but I imagine it would work similarly if you register on the FedEx website.

Question.

I've never used Fedex for return shipments, but I imagine it would work similarly if you register on the FedEx website.

I use Fedex and I do get notifications when packages are sent. So it does work the same as UPS.

Question.

This isn't true... sometimes. I regularly have had anywhere between 10-15 subs in at a time for the last couple of years. I'd say about 50% of the time CGC will send me an email saying that my books have shipped and it will include the FedEx tracking number. They aren't consistent with this as it happens maybe half the time, but it does happen.

Not sure if what I'm about to say is true or not but each time we send a shipment using the online form and include it in the box, we get at least a notification of shipment. If we use anything else such as a facilitator or the physical form you write on, not so much.