• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,969 posts in this topic

I'm right behind you Stormshadow!

My Long Beach Comic Expo Sig Series Fast Track Modern books are scheduled for grading today (3/4).

Graded - 3/7

Nice man! Hope they all grade high! Any day now I'm hoping they hit QC.

Thanks Stormshadow! Hope your end up high grades as well. Let me know when yours hit QC as I'm a day behind.

My modern fast track went to shipped in 12 days

The grades on the other hand

:tonofbricks:

Ouch! I hope the important ones garnered a high grade.

BTW, great to know that MFT is moving so quickly!

Has anyone ever seen their shipment status move backward from SHIPPED back to "Grading/Quality Control"?

Happened to me today and I am just trying to figure out what that might indicate.

Call them

I've been hearing bad things about low grades lately, were all your books undergraded from what you're used to? It scares me to think that the 20 books I have sitting at verified could all come back low because of the current grading trend. It'll be my last sub for awhile if that is the case.

I've been hearing bad things about low grades lately, were all your books undergraded from what you're used to? It scares me to think that the 20 books I have sitting at verified could all come back low because of the current grading trend. It'll be my last sub for awhile if that is the case.

Unfortunately my grades weren't the greatest. I had one book drop that was graded just a couple months ago.

Long Beach Comic Expo Modern Fast Track Signature Series, 4 books

Rec'd 2/24

Verified 2/25

Scheduled For Grading 3/3

Graded 3/4

Quality Control 3/8

Shipped 3/9

How did you do? I've got 13 books I'm now scared to get the grades on. I'm hoping for my usual 7 9.8s and 6 9.6s but if Hector got some duds it has me scared.

I submitted 9 books and expected only 4 to be 9.8s

Only one came back 9.8 and three of 9.6s everything else 9.4 or lower

The 9.6s should have been 9.8s

Unfortunately no notes on those :tonofbricks:

I submitted 9 books and expected only 4 to be 9.8s

Only one came back 9.8 and three of 9.6s everything else 9.4 or lower

The 9.6s should have been 9.8s

Unfortunately no notes on those :tonofbricks:

I've got two Catwoman 51s in for grading and my fingers are crossed that both come back 9.8s. Love that cover.

I had 3 books I thought were 9.8s

2 got 9.6

1 9.8 (Wolverine 1999 Annual with Deadpool, 1st SS on the census. I'm pretty happy about that one)

1 9.4 that was previously a 9.6 graded just a couple months ago. I was confident it would stay a 9.6 at least.

2 got 9.6

1 9.8 (Wolverine 1999 Annual with Deadpool, 1st SS on the census. I'm pretty happy about that one)

1 9.4 that was previously a 9.6 graded just a couple months ago. I was confident it would stay a 9.6 at least.

No dmg while opening the slab? I'm worried about the consistency lately, to say the least.

2 got 9.6

No dmg while opening the slab? I'm worried about the consistency lately, to say the least.

I've never said this in 12 years of submissions but they are brutal the last few weeks. They aren't being inconsistent however, they are being consistently brutal. :frustrated:

2 got 9.6

I've never said this in 12 years of submissions but they are brutal the last few weeks. They aren't being inconsistent however, they are being consistently brutal. :frustrated:

I just got off the phone with customer service..

"We have heard no such thing, our grading standards haven't changed in years. You can't listen to other dealers about the grades they receive; they all exaggerate. Don't worry, your books will be fine."

I think they need to hear from some unhappy customers... :baiting:

You called to complain about the potential grades you may be getting?

I called to ask if there has been any official change in any policies. Obviously, they wouldn't tell me mess over the phone, which I fully expected. But, it can't hurt to let them know that there have been more unhappy submitter's lately, especially those that can usually get grades spot on.