• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,949 posts in this topic

Even as a joke...

:facepalm:

-slym

Don't worry Romeo, I thought it was very funny. :roflmao:

If the devil had a comic book grading company, the road to hell would be paved with dollars.

I just called to find out about my submission and was told Fast Track is no longer guaranteed, and that a wild guess on my Modern FT sub is going to probably be over 30 days.

I commented that I thought turnaround was getting better and was told that it IS getting better but they can't keep up when they have convention submissions.

I said that the website says that Fast Tracks are ON TIME and was told that they are on time...when they're not processing convention submissions.

I asked about being refunded for paying extra money for Fast Track and was laughed at.

Unbelievable.

Someone from CGC needs to manup and address this NOW.

You sure they didn't think you were Cal?

All kidding aside, that's some superb weak sauce from CGC's side.

No, but I could tell I probably wasn't the first to call and complain about it and they really didn't care anything about discussing it.

I just called to find out about my submission and was told Fast Track is no longer guaranteed, and that a wild guess on my Modern FT sub is going to probably be over 30 days.

I commented that I thought turnaround was getting better and was told that it IS getting better but they can't keep up when they have convention submissions.

I said that the website says that Fast Tracks are ON TIME and was told that they are on time...when they're not processing convention submissions.

I asked about being refunded for paying extra money for Fast Track and was laughed at.

Unbelievable.

Someone from CGC needs to manup and address this NOW.

That was really unfair of them to do that to you, Dice.

Sounds like CGC needs to stop the FT service.

-slym

Modern FT is the major reason why there is a "backup". They are offering 10 day turn around for $28/book. On the other hand we have economy at 7 months and $35/book. Why should the cheaper tier get first billing? because 9.8 subscription dealers are sending in hundreds of books every month and I bet the majority of convention subs are moderns. Nothing adds up.

They need to suspend fast track at a minimum until they are on time and in control again. It would probably be a good idea to suspend conventions subs also, at a very minimum not do anymore on site stuff. That seems to disrupt the whole operation.

Of course, suspending either is asking them to turn away money. It would be difficult for any business to do that. Other businesses may see a decline in business if service was suffering as greatly as it is at CGC right now, but it doesn't appear to be slowing down at CGC.

Until the consumers decrease the amount of business they are sending CGC, I don't see an improvement in sight.

i was about to send a few more books to cgc and this is the first time i have checked the turn around times since last summer after i had some sent in and they were so backed up. i cant believe they are still having these problems.they have to hire more people or quit doing so many con subs.

i was about to send a few more books to cgc and this is the first time i have checked the turn around times since last summer after i had some sent in and they were so backed up. i cant believe they are still having these problems.they have to hire more people or quit doing so many con subs.

Or what?

They need to suspend fast track at a minimum until they are on time and in control again. It would probably be a good idea to suspend conventions subs also, at a very minimum not do anymore on site stuff. That seems to disrupt the whole operation.

Considering how many SS subs CGC gets, that's just not realistic.

Any why should convention subs be singled out here? It's silly to blame the TAT slowdowns on just convention subs - CGC has seen an increase of submissions across this board which is causing the slowdown.

If anything, they should stop accepting mail-in books and only accept convention subs till the backlog has been cleared ...

Well, I admit - I have a few books I'd like to submit, but looking at these TATs, I am waiting...

So, the answer to "or what?" is "lose money." Because they aren't getting mine and I want to (otherwise) give them some.

-slym

Modern FT is the major reason why there is a "backup". They are offering 10 day turn around for $28/book. On the other hand we have economy at 7 months and $35/book. Why should the cheaper tier get first billing? because 9.8 subscription dealers are sending in hundreds of books every month and I bet the majority of convention subs are moderns. Nothing adds up.

Doesn't matter. They're changing their song mid-stroke.

I looked at a calendar and determined WHEN I needed the books back to me and paid what I had to pay to get them here. From the beginning Fast Track has never been late and CGC initially guaranteed the books would be shipped by the stated turnarounds on all Fast Track submissions.

Now, through no fault of my own, MY plans are being changed even though we were told that CGC hired more graders, employed a second shift AND that turnarounds were getting better.

:mad:

Any why should convention subs be singled out here? It's silly to blame the TAT slowdowns on just convention subs - CGC has seen an increase of submissions across this board which is causing the slowdown.

If anything, they should stop accepting mail-in books and only accept convention subs till the backlog has been cleared ...

The only thing silly is to think they would do either and turn down income. I'm not knocking them for it. That is a hard thing to do.

It would be better to cut out convention subs because of the logistics and additional costs involved with even setting up and having staff atva show. Which is also a draw on the man power they have at home.

Edited by MCMiles

Someone there at CGC just told Dice fast track was behind because of convention subs. Considering the number of cons this time of year, it doesn't look real good for fast track.

Someone there at CGC just told Dice fast track was behind because of convention subs. Considering the number of cons this time of year, it doesn't look real good for fast track.

That was my thoughts.

What are they going to do next week?

And the week after that?

And the week after that?

And the week after that?

:mad: again!

The only thing silly is to think they would do either and turn down income. I'm not knocking them for it. That is a hard thing to do.

It would be better to cut out convention subs because of the logistics and additional costs involved with even setting up and having staff atva show. Which is also a draw on the man power they have at home.

When the TATs started slowing down, Plitch posted on the board that they'd no longer allow graders to attend the shows for that exact reason.

If CGC wasn't accepting submissions by mail, they'd be able to handle the convention submissions just fine. The largest CGC submitter by far is Heritage and it's not like they bring 1,000 books to WW Chicago for CGC to bring home.