• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,949 posts in this topic

I just subbed 21 books Value Fast Track no prescreening.

I shipped them out from PA on 3-18-13

Received: (not sure of date) but within a few days

Verified: 3-27-13

Scheduled for Grading:

Graded:

Shipped/Safe:

Still Sitting at "Verified" as of 4-12-13

Its really aggravating that I see people have got their books back shipping them to CGC AFTER I did, and mine are STILL sitting at "VERIFIED" Would calling CGC get me any answers or is it a waste? I did Value Fast Track no prescreen.

I have to wonder how two eBay sellers have graded copies of the St Louis convention Walking Dead reprints in hand, and have been in hand for almost a week, yet my Modern FT submission sent on the same day is still probably two weeks from being in my hands.

Were they really submitted on Walk Through, or is someone getting their stick greased?

From what I heard, the hold-up is in the slabbing room right now - they have a finite capacity pr. day based on the number of machines they own, which means that orders received on the same day aren't necessarily finalized at the same time. I had 2 modern FT invoices from ECCC - both received on the same day, yet more than a week passed between them shipping the two boxes.

Er, don't they realise it costs more money to ship two boxes instead of one?

Oh I forgot, they don't pay the shipping costs.

:(

-slym

Books submitted to modern FT:

Received 3/28

They had the holiday and WonderCon, so we'll see what the updates will be like this week.

Received 3/28

Verified 4/1

4/6-- Status unchanged and still at verified. Going on seven biz days.

4/9 -- Status unchanged and still at verified. Going on nine biz days.

4/10 -- Status updated-- scheduled for grading. 10 biz days

4/12 Status updated -- GRADED. 12 biz days

Another status update-- Quality Control! Look at you, CGC! You're flying! You're still two days late.

4/15-- Still at QC. 13 biz days.

Received 3/28

They had the holiday and WonderCon, so we'll see what the updates will be like this week.

Received 3/28

Verified 4/1

4/6-- Status unchanged and still at verified. Going on seven biz days.

4/9 -- Status unchanged and still at verified. Going on nine biz days.

4/10 -- Status updated-- scheduled for grading. 10 biz days

4/12 Status updated -- GRADED. 12 biz days

Another status update-- Quality Control! Look at you, CGC! You're flying! You're still two days late.

4/15-- Still at QC. 13 biz days.

PGX lookin better and better...this *spoons* me off. They received mine before yours how are mine still sitting at Verified? and I did fast track

I have to wonder how two eBay sellers have graded copies of the St Louis convention Walking Dead reprints in hand, and have been in hand for almost a week, yet my Modern FT submission sent on the same day is still probably two weeks from being in my hands.

Were they really submitted on Walk Through, or is someone getting their stick greased?

From what I heard, the hold-up is in the slabbing room right now - they have a finite capacity pr. day based on the number of machines they own, which means that orders received on the same day aren't necessarily finalized at the same time. I had 2 modern FT invoices from ECCC - both received on the same day, yet more than a week passed between them shipping the two boxes.

-slym

When you submit books, you're the one that decides which books go on what invoice - why should that be CGC's responsibility? :shrug:

Besides, one invoice was for 30 books, the other for 28, so it's not like they could have shipped them in the same box anyway.

I think it is a safe bet that books are getting skipped over in the same tiers now. Don't know what in the hell is going on but this is clearly happening as of late.

I have been subbing books for a half a decade now. By watching my account the CGC has proven to me year after year that shipping FIFO by received dates is not something they do. Right now I see a Modern pre screen order received on 11/26 shipped on 4/2, I also have a Modern pre screen order received on 10/22 that has not shipped. That's 5 weeks apart on the same grading tier. :pullhair:

When you submit books, you're the one that decides which books go on what invoice - why should that be CGC's responsibility? :shrug:

Besides, one invoice was for 30 books, the other for 28, so it's not like they could have shipped them in the same box anyway.

Ah, gotcha. Sorry 'bout that.

-slym

PGX lookin better and better...this *spoons* me off. They received mine before yours how are mine still sitting at Verified? and I did fast track

Uh... wut?

No matter how slow, PGX cannot look better than CGC...

For TNITK -

CGC= professional company out of Sarasota, FL

PGX= fly-by-night "company" out of some guys' moms garage.

Seriously.

-slym

Uh... wut?

For TNITK -

Seriously.

-slym

Yeah. If the option is selling raw or getting it slabbed by PGX, I'll take my chances raw.

Buying OR selling.

Uh... wut?

For TNITK -

Seriously.

-slym

my statement of PGX was more of a joke, I used it as a display of my aggravation of the grading process

If you makes you feel any better all my Wizard World St. Louis WD & all the other books I subbed at the show are all stuck in Quality Control.

If you makes you feel any better all my Wizard World St. Louis WD & all the other books I subbed at the show are all stuck in Quality Control.

Better than stuck in Graded. :frustrated:

I can only imagine that it is luck of the draw. What subs get pulled out of the box and put through the system first.

Unfortunately it getting really frustrating. I too have Modern Fast Track subs stuck in Grading/ Quality Control that were subbed at WW StL.

Those subs were not invoice dated till 3/27 ( the Wednesday after WW StL). I can understand that. It takes time to get them back to Florida. However, I'm now at 15 days for a Modern Fast Track. One more day and I'm basically (as well as everyone else) closer to paying the extra money to get books graded "on time".

Considering Fast Track is further and further behind, I really see no relief in sight for improvement on regular submissions, which have become so far out I almost forget they exist.

It's come to a point where the only way to get anything in any efficient manner is to pay extra for Fast Track or Express, which it seems more an more people are doing.

In a sense the consumers have basically instituted a price increase on ourselves. we are paying a significant amount more for service.

Edited by MCMiles

I can only imagine that it is luck of the draw. What subs get pulled out of the box and put through the system first.

Unfortunately it getting really frustrating. I too have Modern Fast Track subs stuck in Grading/ Quality Control that were subbed at WW StL.

Those subs were not invoice dated till 3/27 ( the Wednesday after WW StL). I can understand that. It takes time to get them back to Florida. However, I'm now at 15 days for a Modern Fast Track. One more day and I'm basically (as well as everyone else) closer to paying the extra money to get books graded "on time".

Considering Fast Track is further and further behind, I really see no relief in sight for improvement on regular submissions, which have become so far out I almost forget they exist.

It's come to a point where the only way to get anything in any efficient manner is to pay extra for Fast Track or Express, which it seems more an more people are doing.

In a sense the consumers have basically instituted a price increase on ourselves. we are paying a significant amount more for service.

Bingo. This is what I predicted a long time ago.

Same here, all books I'm waiting for to hit "SHIPPED" are from 3/27. Six invoices, 180 books.

When you deal with the volume I do it really sucks when things get shipped out of order. I may ship anywhere from 90 - 150 books a week just for my sub service, and they go in alphabetically in sequential invoices. When things ship out of order (two boxes ship on time, but two boxes lag a week) I can't process that week's books for my customers since I don't have them all for the week.

I had three weeks of books shipped to me erratically and by the time I got everything back in order last week I had 16 boxes to break down (over 450 books).

Same here, all books I'm waiting for to hit "SHIPPED" are from 3/27. Six invoices, 180 books.

When you deal with the volume I do it really sucks when things get shipped out of order. I may ship anywhere from 90 - 150 books a week just for my sub service, and they go in alphabetically in sequential invoices. When things ship out of order (two boxes ship on time, but two boxes lag a week) I can't process that week's books for my customers since I don't have them all for the week.

I had three weeks of books shipped to me erratically and by the time I got everything back in order last week I had 16 boxes to break down (over 450 books).

Man Dre, I can imagine the amount of books you have shipped to you every month. I'm waiting patiently for my books from saga subscription .lol

Anyway, I subbed a few books received 4/8 and just changed to verified. Hopefully my modern fast track submission meets the turnaround time.