• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,949 posts in this topic

So they are fairly quick in charging our credit cards but can take up to 6 months to ship our products back? Amazing!

Question regarding CGC billing.

If I send out an order to be graded today and they receive the books in 3 days, when do they actually charge my credit card?

Depends. I've been charged within 2-3 days of recieving books. Also, I have an invoice there that was received on Monday that hasn't been charged yet. So (shrug)

Stick around longer and your slight sarcasm will become warped insanity :insane: with a touch of angry psychosis :frustrated:

:tonofbricks:

So they are fairly quick in charging our credit cards but can take up to 6 months to ship our products back? Amazing!

Question regarding CGC billing.

If I send out an order to be graded today and they receive the books in 3 days, when do they actually charge my credit card?

Depends. I've been charged within 2-3 days of recieving books. Also, I have an invoice there that was received on Monday that hasn't been charged yet. So (shrug)

Stick around longer and your slight sarcasm will become warped insanity :insane: with a touch of angry psychosis :frustrated:

They basically require prepayment. I think you are charged between 'received' and 'verified'. And in fairness, if they didn't require prepayment, a lot of orders would be held up when the check (or CC) bounced AFTER they were graded-- then they would have to devote someone full time to chasing money so they could ship books back to us.

Books submitted to modern FT:

Received 3/28

They had the holiday and WonderCon, so we'll see what the updates will be like this week.

Books submitted to modern FT:

Received 3/28

Verified 4/1

4/6-- Status unchanged and still at verified. Going on seven biz days.

4/9 -- Status unchanged and still at verified. Going on nine biz days.

4/10 -- Status updated-- scheduled for grading. 10 biz days

4/12 Status updated -- GRADED. 12 biz days

Another status update-- Quality Control! Look at you, CGC! You're flying! You're still two days late.

you've got a while dice. Day 19 for me.

WTF happened to the times improving?

Improving at the cost of shoving FT behind?

Unbelievable.

you've got a while dice. Day 19 for me.

WTF happened to the times improving?

Improving at the cost of shoving FT behind?

Unbelievable.

I agree. If the Modern FT has the current turnaround listed as 10 days, that's what it should be.

I submitted my first modern FTs, and CGC received them April 3. My submissions still say "Received." Technically, they have until Wednesday until it's past the 10-day turnaround mark.

According to CGC's services & fees page, current TATs for Values and Economies have now dropped to 75 business days :o

http://www.cgccomics.com/services/Services.aspx

But if you factor in the double turnaround times on FT, it all evens out to pathetic across the board.

I have to wonder how two eBay sellers have graded copies of the St Louis convention Walking Dead reprints in hand, and have been in hand for almost a week, yet my Modern FT submission sent on the same day is still probably two weeks from being in my hands.

Were they really submitted on Walk Through, or is someone getting their stick greased?

I had two Modern SS fast track orders from Portland, they were received on the same day. They shipped 7 days apart. CGC is not operating under FIFO per tier.

I do see Value Tier orders saying scheduled for grading that are in February, many of my December and early January Value Tiers have shipped.

I have to wonder how two eBay sellers have graded copies of the St Louis convention Walking Dead reprints in hand, and have been in hand for almost a week, yet my Modern FT submission sent on the same day is still probably two weeks from being in my hands.

Were they really submitted on Walk Through, or is someone getting their stick greased?

From what I heard, the hold-up is in the slabbing room right now - they have a finite capacity pr. day based on the number of machines they own, which means that orders received on the same day aren't necessarily finalized at the same time. I had 2 modern FT invoices from ECCC - both received on the same day, yet more than a week passed between them shipping the two boxes.