• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,949 posts in this topic

They need to suspend fast track at a minimum until they are on time and in control again. It would probably be a good idea to suspend conventions subs also, at a very minimum not do anymore on site stuff. That seems to disrupt the whole operation.

Considering how many SS subs CGC gets, that's just not realistic.

Any why should convention subs be singled out here? It's silly to blame the TAT slowdowns on just convention subs - CGC has seen an increase of submissions across this board which is causing the slowdown.

If anything, they should stop accepting mail-in books and only accept convention subs till the backlog has been cleared ...

The only thing silly is to think they would do either and turn down income. I'm not knocking them for it. That is a hard thing to do.

It would be better to cut out convention subs because of the logistics and additional costs involved with even setting up and having staff atva show. Which is also a draw on the man power they have at home.

When the TATs started slowing down, Plitch posted on the board that they'd no longer allow graders to attend the shows for that exact reason.

Has this actually happened? I don't know.

If CGC wasn't accepting submissions by mail, they'd be able to handle the convention submissions just fine. The largest CGC submitter by far is Heritage and it's not like they bring 1,000 books to WW Chicago for CGC to bring home.

Well, then it sounds like the best thing for CGC and the consumer is to cut out conventions. CGC would not suffer a dramatic decrease in subs since so many come in by mail and it would likely be enough of a break to help them get a handle on it.

Of course the only people suffering would be the SS guys.

It's two sides of the same coin ...

If CGC didn't accept mail-in submissions, they'd be able to handle the convention submissions. If CGC didn't accept convention submissions, they'd be able to handle the mail-in submissions.

It's two sides of the same coin ...

If CGC didn't accept mail-in submissions, they'd be able to handle the convention submissions. If CGC didn't accept convention submissions, they'd be able to handle the mail-in submissions.

Yeah, but imagine if CGC graded and shipped their submissions in the turnaround times posted on the website they maintain.

They need to suspend fast track at a minimum until they are on time and in control again. It would probably be a good idea to suspend conventions subs also, at a very minimum not do anymore on site stuff. That seems to disrupt the whole operation.

Any why should convention subs be singled out here? It's silly to blame the TAT slowdowns on just convention subs - CGC has seen an increase of submissions across this board which is causing the slowdown.

If anything, they should stop accepting mail-in books and only accept convention subs till the backlog has been cleared ...

The only thing silly is to think they would do either and turn down income. I'm not knocking them for it. That is a hard thing to do.

It would be better to cut out convention subs because of the logistics and additional costs involved with even setting up and having staff atva show. Which is also a draw on the man power they have at home.

When the TATs started slowing down, Plitch posted on the board that they'd no longer allow graders to attend the shows for that exact reason.

Has this actually happened? I don't know.

If CGC wasn't accepting submissions by mail, they'd be able to handle the convention submissions just fine. The largest CGC submitter by far is Heritage and it's not like they bring 1,000 books to WW Chicago for CGC to bring home.

Well, then it sounds like the best thing for CGC and the consumer is to cut out conventions. CGC would not suffer a dramatic decrease in subs since so many come in by mail and it would likely be enough of a break to help them get a handle on it.

Of course the only people suffering would be the SS guys.

Yeah, it has happened - these days the people manning the booth are almost exclusively SS people and CSRs.

Considering how many people go to shows with the intention of getting SS books done, I'd say that your move would benefit the largest dealers (who submit by mail) and not the majority of the individual consumers. The best thing for the consumer would be for CGC to limit the amount of books one can submit to CGC at any given time - once those 200+ book dealer submissions are no longer allowed, I have a feeling TATs would decrease fast :ohnoez:

I highly disagree with this statement. Why should I pay $100 for CGC's services, and then not be able to submit books just because I don't go to conventions?!?!

I just called to find out about my submission and was told Fast Track is no longer guaranteed, and that a wild guess on my Modern FT sub is going to probably be over 30 days.

I commented that I thought turnaround was getting better and was told that it IS getting better but they can't keep up when they have convention submissions.

I said that the website says that Fast Tracks are ON TIME and was told that they are on time...when they're not processing convention submissions.

I asked about being refunded for paying extra money for Fast Track and was laughed at.

Unbelievable.

Someone from CGC needs to manup and address this NOW.

No they didn't. :o Don't nobody mess with Dice

ing X! You mess with the bull you gonna get the horns :sumo:

WonderCon 2013 Books (3/29 - 3/31):

Modern Fast Track:

Received - 4/3

Scheduled for Grading - TBD

Graded / Graded - Quality Control - TBD

Verified - 4/9

Graded - 4/16

Based on that, it looks like they're ahead of schedule. I count 9 business days.

Does anyone know how long it takes from being graded to go through encapsulation to quality control?

Modern Fast Track:

Received - 4/3

Verified - 4/9

Graded - 4/16

Based on that, it looks like they're ahead of schedule. I count 9 business days.

Does anyone know how long it takes from being graded to go through encapsulation to quality control?

Right now? - One to two weeks.

Modern Fast Track:

Received - 4/3

Verified - 4/9

Graded - 4/16

Or three

The concentration seems to be on regular subs.

And now they're going backwards. :ohnoez:

I just had a submission go from Quality Control back to grading. lol

I guess they'll show as verified in a few more days

Will I receive them faster going backwards? Verified and received are usually pretty quick. hm

Modern Fast Track:

Received - 4/3

Verified - 4/9

Graded - 4/16

Or three

The concentration seems to be on regular subs.

I was told my FT could take another 3 weeks. They've been there one week already. So that's four weeks just to get FT in a slab.

But they'll be at C2E2 taking submissions. Don't worry. Turnarounds are getting better.

I just called to find out about my submission and was told Fast Track is no longer guaranteed, and that a wild guess on my Modern FT sub is going to probably be over 30 days.

I commented that I thought turnaround was getting better and was told that it IS getting better but they can't keep up when they have convention submissions.

I said that the website says that Fast Tracks are ON TIME and was told that they are on time...when they're not processing convention submissions.

I asked about being refunded for paying extra money for Fast Track and was laughed at.

Unbelievable.

Someone from CGC needs to manup and address this NOW.

The more I think about this, the madder I get. Today is the 10th business day on my Modern FT, and the two books are still marked as received (on April 3). I haven't been waiting as long as others have, but it makes me mad nonetheless. The current time shouldn't be listed as 10 days when clearly it is not. I also wondered about a refund like you did, but I see they don't give a . I'm definitely NOT renewing my subscription after the year is up. I know they won't care, but this is ridiculous.