• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

And what about your other book that went up for sale this week?

Come again?

-J.

The X23 Dellotto - or whatever his name is.

Oh yes, had to pass on that. Condition doesn't warrant the price IMO.

-J.

Hey J. Dell Otto also had a recently released amazing spiderman 3 variant. The cover art looks pretty sweet, kind of reminiscent of the 667

How does that book compare to the MJ or the other Spidey?

It's a 1:25 on a ~50,000 print run so they're out there. There have been six on ebay in the last 2.5 months and I had a seventh one offered to me in a PM for an unrealistic price. People seem to be thinking it's "the next ASM 667" and trying to price it that way. The book is too "common" for all that, but I still like the cover/artist.

-J.

And what about your other book that went up for sale this week?

Come again?

-J.

The X23 Dellotto - or whatever his name is.

Oh yes, had to pass on that. Condition doesn't warrant the price IMO.

-J.

Hey J. Dell Otto also had a recently released amazing spiderman 3 variant. The cover art looks pretty sweet, kind of reminiscent of the 667

It is. I want one. I just bought one. Thanks for the heads up 'reezy... :cloud9:

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

How does that book compare to the MJ or the other Spidey?

It's a 1:25 on a ~50,000 print run so they're out there.

"1:25" refers to distribution numbers, not print run numbers, and has no connection to the print run of the regular book. The book was distributed to retailers on the order of 1 for every 25 copies of the regular cover they ordered. The print run of ratio variants has little to nothing to do with the print run of the regular editions.

I would think that it does correlate. Some assumptions can be made based on the regular books print run that the incentive book is based on. If the ratio is 1:25 then for every 25 a LCS orders of the regular comic they get one incentive. If the regular book has a print run of 50'000 then the max that was distributed is 2000 + overprinting so maybe 2500. But of course a lot of LCS's would not have ordered 25 copies of the regular book so I would think it reasonable to assume that the number distributed is less than that.

I would think that it does correlate. Some assumptions can be made based on the regular books print run that the incentive book is based on. If the ratio is 1:25 then for every 25 a LCS orders of the regular comic they get one incentive. If the regular book has a print run of 50'000 then the max that was distributed is 2000 + overprinting so maybe 2500. But of course a lot of LCS's would not have ordered 25 copies of the regular book so I would think it reasonable to assume that the number distributed is less than that.

Exactly. Estimated print runs and distribution are not mutually exclusive. I don't know why some people keep implying that they are.

Also the ASM 678 VenoMJ was a 1:50 on a 50,000 print run not a 1:25. I've seen estimated print runs on the variant at 800, but I would personally put it at about 500-600. Shops just weren't ordering heavily on ASM during this time. The 1:25 ratio I was referring to pertained to the X-23 #1 Dell'Ottto variant.

Additionally, looks like somebody decided to pop another 9.6 at $1695 today...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-678-CGC-9-6-WHITE-pages-Venom-Variant-Very-Rare-/262064662337?hash=item3d04456741:g:CGwAAOSwd0BVxQXQ

-J.

Another thing, but I could be wrong...Just because a comic store orders 25 copies doesn't mean they "get" a variant. They have to order the variant, typically for cover price. I'm not sure if that's normal for a shop to satisfy a purchase and not pay the option for the variant, but nevertheless, i believe via Diamond order sheet you must purchase the variant in addition.

Exactly. Estimated print runs and distribution are not mutually exclusive. I don't know why some people keep implying that they are.

Also the ASM 678 VenoMJ was a 1:50 on a 50,000 print run not a 1:25. I've seen estimated print runs on the variant at 800, but I would personally put it at about 500-600. Shops just weren't ordering heavily on ASM during this time. The 1:25 ratio I was referring to pertained to the X-23 #1 Dell'Ottto variant.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-678-CGC-9-6-WHITE-pages-Venom-Variant-Very-Rare-/262064662337?hash=item3d04456741:g:CGwAAOSwd0BVxQXQ

-J.

fyi - The estimated actual distribution figure was 62,680 copies in NA.

-J.

fyi - The estimated actual distribution figure was 62,680 copies in NA.

54,000 and some change according to this link (issue # 678):

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2012/2012-01.html

-J.

-J.

Mutually exclusive. hm

When did Marvel become print to order?

Edited by Junk Donkey

Sold my MJ CGC 9.8 today on ebay. I only mention it to help with GPA analysis purposes and I know people in this thread would probably appriciate the info. It sold at my asking price if you want to take a look. The buyer had been looking for a copy for a couple years and it's going into his forever PC.........

Sold my MJ CGC 9.8 today on ebay. I only mention it to help with GPA analysis purposes and I know people in this thread would probably appriciate the info. It sold at my asking price if you want to take a look. The buyer had been looking for a copy for a couple years and it's going into his forever PC.........

Great sale and congratulations. :headbang:

-J.