• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

There is usually a gap with raw vs CGC but not always. Other books have seen little to no gap between raw and graded.

I think the seller of the graded copy was looking for a quick cash-out. Graded 9.6's don't sell for hundreds of dollars less than raw copies. The disconnect was quite clearly with the guy selling the 9.6, which sold- for obvious reasons- in less than a half an hour after he listed it at his very aggressive price. My 2 cents.

-J.

mine is available for sale… 10k…

:roflmao:

-J.

:insane:

at this rate; I can't believe it…like I said in a previous post…. I bought a 9.6 SS for 400 many years back… ended up selling it back to the original owner for 700 who in turn sold it for 1k… now we're looking at a 2k book unsigned?!? I really think this is unprecedented… It's almost as if all the variant crazed children have grown up into adults ready to fork out the cash(including myself)… in terms of collecting maybe perhaps the .35 cent variants are the best comparison from the past…

People love variants.

People love Spidey.

Mix them together with a little MJ and Venom, and this is what you get.

This and sprinkle on some boobs.

I need to get my book pressed and graded soon. If it's a 9.8, I may be in for a trip to the ER.

Jerome

People love variants.

People love Spidey.

Mix them together with a little MJ and Venom, and this is what you get.

This and sprinkle on some boobs.

I need to get my book pressed and graded soon. If it's a 9.8, I may be in for a trip to the ER.

Jerome

You should post it in the Please Grade My.... section for feedback.

-J.

hm Not a bad idea. I know it needs a press, there's a small crease in the middle of the front cover which I don't 'think' breaks color IIRC. I'll get some scans posted tonight. Then I'll pack for ECCC! :banana:

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

hm Not a bad idea. I know it needs a press, there's a small crease in the middle of the front cover which I don't 'think' breaks color IIRC. I'll get some scans posted tonight. Then I'll pack for ECCC! :banana:

Jerome

If you have the chance to to go a full weekend show with onsite grading, you should wait and do it that way

Jerome

If you have the chance to to go a full weekend show with onsite grading, you should wait and do it that way

I hear they're not as free wheeling with the on-site grading as they once appeared to be.

-J.

Jerome

Post up the scans and if it can benefit from a press, I can help you out.

I'll be set up at East Coast Comic Con.

If you'd like it pressed before the show, drop me a PM and I'll press it and bring it with me to ECCC for you to pick up and submit for grading.If interested, I can email or fax you a submission form (legally binding contract).

I've got board references....incidentally, I actually pressed a 678 ASM MJ Venom variant for a boardie last month, he subbed it to CGC at the BACC on the 7th......check my kudos thread for his feedback:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=85&Number=8371768&Searchpage=3&Main=369207&Words=CopperAgeKids&topic=0&Search=true#Post8371768

I'm not really trying to make a buck pressing books for boardies now..... I would however like to build up positive feedback so if I decide to allocate more time down the line for pressing services, I'll have a springboard in place.