• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

I just got my grade from CGC on mine 9.6!!!!!

I'll be putting it up for sale once I get it shipped back.

In my watch list. Hoping I too get at least a 9.6, but I won't have a reserve, I'm sure I'd make money on it. Hoping for $1,500+ for both our books!

Oh and that ASM 678 Cover Swipe Blank is awesome, great work. Just wish it wouldn't get a qualified label :sorry:

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

Im seeing an estimate of 800 on some websites. Still low. Ill put my money on 3rd claw variant for now. Semi rare and a 1st app Vs semi rare and non 1st app.

Recalled comics estimates that. The book's numbers on the census and in the marketplace do not tend to support a number that high. The wolverine "third claw" variant is a cool book to be sure, but is far and away a much, much more common book than the 678 VenoMJ. Both on the census and in the marketplace. The sizable difference in prices reflect that.

-J.

I think about the 3rd claw as well... I remember when it was 300 graded 9.8... since then Ive had tons of opportunities to throw down money on one... but I don't think Daken has made that much of an impact... however when a MJ 678 pops up... lets say nobody around to bid on it... I'll be there in an instant... and theres a handful of people like me waiting....

Edited by Snikt!1988

So my ASM 678 9.6 is ending tomorrow. I had a great offer that I would have taken, but unfortunately I have almost 80 people watching it and I don't want to anybody off and I can't put an OBO when its set as an auction. Oh well, whatever happens I guess.

Edited by CostasA

So my ASM 678 9.6 is ending tomorrow. I had a great offer that I would have taken, but unfortunately I have almost 80 people watching it and I don't want to anybody off and I can't put an OBO when its set as an auction. Oh well, whatever happens I guess.

It's looking like even my FMV estimate of $1900 for a 9.6 was on the conservative side. Congratulations on your auction.

I see you're also the new owner of that 9.8 Wolverine 1 deadpool Mashup SS copy too. (thumbs u

-J.

Im seeing an estimate of 800 on some websites. Still low. Ill put my money on 3rd claw variant for now. Semi rare and a 1st app Vs semi rare and non 1st app.

Recalled comics estimates that. The book's numbers on the census and in the marketplace do not tend to support a number that high. The wolverine "third claw" variant is a cool book to be sure, but is far and away a much, much more common book than the 678 VenoMJ. Both on the census and in the marketplace. The sizable difference in prices reflect that.

-J.

Ugh... I can't stand Daken... lol

I tried. I really did, but he is awful.

What did you end up getting for it?

If I am not mistaken, Costas got $2700 for it....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-678-Venom-variant-CGC-9-6-/161674063230?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a4866d7e&nma=true&si=GPeiRTziuxEEkKRUdcLaYH3luwQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Guess I shoulda charged him more than $20 for pressing the book before he subbed it last month :idea:

Good job on the sale, Costas :)