• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

LCS that had a 9.8 listed it in August or Sept for $2k, took the best offer which I heard was $1500.

I saw it when he got it and the label said 9.8, but the book definitely wasn't so... hope I get the same guy grading mine onsite in May :wishluck:

Imma sell my Wolvie Deadpool with The MJ venom for 10k... Is it just me or are modern variants rediculous... Can you imagine these going for 10k each in 15 years?!? There's a lot of collectors out there willing to dish out the dough...

This book isn't the only Venom variant going crazy. Check out the prices on the FF and Iron Man issues from the same month. I bet there are 1/2 or less of those than there are Spidey's considering print run. The Spidey is obviously better, but wow.

I didn't even know about the iron Man & FF variants. I'll have to lookout for them, us butt ugly as they are.

This book isn't the only Venom variant going crazy. Check out the prices on the FF and Iron Man issues from the same month. I bet there are 1/2 or less of those than there are Spidey's considering print run. The Spidey is obviously better, but wow.

I didn't even know about the iron Man & FF variants. I'll have to lookout for them, us butt ugly as they are.

Many of Marvel's titles were "venomized" that month. Most were silly, and on newer titles, while a couple others were also pretty cool. The FF one was also briefly hot but faded as most variants do. Perhaps the combo of being an homage/parody cover, the Mary Jane tie in, and/or the fact that it is within Venom's home title (ASM), but was under-ordered that month made this one stick and take off like a rocket.

-J.

Many of Marvel's titles were "venomized" that month. Most were silly, and on newer titles, while a couple others were also pretty cool. The FF one was also briefly hot but faded as most variants do. Perhaps the combo of being an homage/parody cover, the Mary Jane tie in, and/or the fact that it is within Venom's home title (ASM), but was under-ordered that month made this one stick and take off like a rocket.

-J.

I think it's the boobs in all seriousness.

Jerome

Spidey is tops for sure, but these Iron Man prices are nothing to sneeze at.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=guardians+galaxy+1+25++-variant&LH_Complete=1&_from=R40%7CR40%7CR40&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=900&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xiron+man+venom+variant.TRS0&_nkw=iron+man+venom+variant&ghostText=&_sacat=900

Also, I agree. Most of these variants are really dumb looking. I actually kind of like this one for its ridiculousness.

Yeah, how exactly does the suit also get possessed ? lol

I do see the one decent sale price back in December for one of those, but the two more recent ones were much lower and the seller also included TPB's with them.

Still not a bad price for a raw modern variant though. (thumbs u

-J.

The Uncanny X-Force one commands a very strong price and is rarely listed on eBay. That run is littered with variants that sell well though.

Just noticed a 9.6 is up....

The 9.6 sold immediately for $1,250.

http://item.ebay.co.uk/191542194964?item_hash4=722b04fe&LH_Complete=1&LH_BIN=1&LH_BO=1&_ipg=200&_pgn=1&rc=nt&rmvSB=true

Seller of that probably left about $700 on the table. An hour and a half later the raw copy closed at $1,400:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Amazing-Spiderman-678-MJ-Venom-Variant-9-6-NM-Joe-Quinones-/251881331301?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa54c1a65

That's why it's always a good idea to do your research whether you're buying or selling. doh!

-J.

The Uncanny X-Force one commands a very strong price and is rarely listed on eBay. That run is littered with variants that sell well though.

x force 20?

Wow... That raw copy...

http://item.ebay.co.uk/191542194964?item_hash4=722b04fe&LH_Complete=1&LH_BIN=1&LH_BO=1&_ipg=200&_pgn=1&rc=nt&rmvSB=true

Seller of that probably left about $700 on the table. An hour and a half later the raw copy closed at $1,400:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Amazing-Spiderman-678-MJ-Venom-Variant-9-6-NM-Joe-Quinones-/251881331301?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa54c1a65

That's why it's always a good idea to do your research whether you're buying or selling. doh!

-J.

-J.

Grats to the buyer!

You know they are pumped.

Call me crazy but I'm starting to think the prices of these are almost equal for raw and slabbed. Just because not everyone collects graded books (perish the thought) and there's more Spidey die hard completists who would prefer a raw copy? Crazy yes, but not impossible

Call me crazy but I'm starting to think the prices of these are almost equal for raw and slabbed. Just because not everyone collects graded books (perish the thought) and there's more Spidey die hard completists who would prefer a raw copy? Crazy yes, but not impossible

Eh...because the price for this book is SO HIGH, I would imagine a die hard spidey completist would want to make sure the book is in as good as possible condition before dropping that kind of bank on it. I feel like I would have buyers remorse if I dropped $1.5k on this book (being a modern) and it had enough damage to not get at least a 9.6. The problem with all these raw listings is that they are only posting 1 or 2 pictures (none of the back cover). Impossible to get a good feel on the grade with the pictures I've been seeing on feebay lately. Then again....this book is a friggen mystery. Holding my cgc 9.8 with the death grip!