• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

There's too many of these for sale on feebay! F'ing sucks man, the value is gonna drop immensely as I doubt I'll get a 9.8.

Jerome

lol There's a grand total of 2 right now. Costas' new to market 9.6, and another new to market 9.6 that (Mr. Pawn Stars ;) ) Greg Reece is auctioning off right now (that's at $1500+ after a few hours of bidding). The lone 9.8 that lasted on ebay for less than a day was also new to market and was the first new 9.8 added to the census in nearly a year and the first offered for sale publicly in over a year. The first wave of books we saw were raw copies. Now a few opportunistic sellers who fast tracked their raw copies through CGC are cashing in on the price spike with a few slabs. Seems par for the course to me. (thumbs u

-J.

There's too many of these for sale on feebay! F'ing sucks man, the value is gonna drop immensely as I doubt I'll get a 9.8.

Jerome

lol There's a grand total of 2 right now. Costas' new to market 9.6, and another new to market 9.6 that Greg Reece is auctioning off right now (that's already at $1200+ after just a few hours of bidding). The lone 9.8 that lasted on ebay for less than a day was also new to market and was the first new 9.8 added to the census in nearly a year and the first offered for sale publicly in over a year. The first wave of books we saw were raw copies. Now a few opportunistic sellers who fast tracked their raw copies through CGC are cashing in on the price spike with a few slabs. Seems par for the course to me. (thumbs u

-J.

Reece's 9.6 slabbed copy is at $1500....as I type this, which is within 5 hours of the book being put up for auction.

I do not see the value of this book dropping, in any grade.The demand far outweighs the supply.

Hell, even a 9.4 sold for $2000, in March.Granted it was a signature series but the signature was Joe Quinones, a name that I never heard.

The 9.8 that was ended early as it was "no longer available" yesterday has yet to register on the GPA.My guess is that it will not, if it was even sold.Maybe the seller wants more money.

That seller is probably a boardie, as well.......if so, and you happen to be reading this, please post up the transaction details, kind sir.

The 9.8 that was ended early as it was "no longer available" yesterday has yet to register on the GPA.My guess is that it will not, if it was even sold.Maybe the seller wants more money.

That seller is probably a boardie, as well.......if so, and you happen to be reading this, please post up the transaction details, kind sir.

OK since I've been getting a load of PMs about it, the 9.8 was mine. I sold it to a boardie who may reveal himself if he chooses to, or not

I got $3600 for it clear (check) / no fees, so that's as if it went for $4300 on ebay before ebay & paypal fees, give or take $50.

Just waiting for the check to come in the mail and the deal is done

Good luck to the next one, hope whoever is waiting for theirs to come back gets a 9.8 and does a happy dance like I did (thumbs u

OK since I've been getting a load of PMs about it, the 9.8 was mine. I sold it to a boardie who may reveal himself if he chooses to, or not

I got $3600 for it clear (check) / no fees, so that's as if it went for $4300 on ebay before ebay & paypal fees, give or take $50.

Good luck to the next one, hope whoever is waiting for theirs to come back gets a 9.8 and does a happy dance like I did (thumbs u

Great book but the prices are INSANE on it

If you're going to estimate selling prices why not really make it sound good and estimate you could have sold it on Heritage instead of eBay. That way your fanciful sale would be 40% higher after buyer and seller commissions. (thumbs u

A sale price is a sale price. No need to try to pump it up.

If you're going to estimate selling prices why not really make it sound good and estimate you could have sold it on Heritage instead of eBay. That way your fanciful sale would be 40% higher after buyer and seller commissions. (thumbs u

A sale price is a sale price. No need to try to pump it up.

I did that as a courtesy for the next person who lists their 9.8, basically so they don't sell it for under $4300 if they ebay it and wanted to know what the ebay price would have been in comparison. That's all

Edited by Lonzilla

Heritage "sales prices" are not what the sellers net, and the seller's net is not what's reported to GPA, so I get what you're doing there. Thanks for sharing and congrats on your quick sale and to the buyer on a hot pick up. :applause:

-J.

A copy of mine came back in not that long ago at 9.2, but signed by Joe Quinones (actual cover artist).

I for one will be looking for a 9.8 in future so interested to see how these prices go.

As an aside I am fascinated by the obsession people have with this particular cover, from all the variants in that venom variant set (19 in total), its not the best cover by far

A copy of mine came back in not that long ago at 9.2, but signed by Joe Quinones (actual cover artist).

I for one will be looking for a 9.8 in future so interested to see how these prices go.

As an aside I am fascinated by the obsession people have with this particular cover, from all the variants in that venom variant set (19 in total), its not the best cover by far

lol The vast majority of them were pretty over the top, part of a short-run title and/or seemingly non-sequitur. Venom was born in the pages of the long running ASM title, throw in the MJ and homage angle with a slightly demented, unexpected twist and there you have it. :cloud9: Plus seeing a "venomized" fantastic four or psylocke doesn't have the same punch as seeing Mary Jane. It seems to follow a similar paradigm of the wolverine/Deadpool mash up cover. If the "Spider-Gwenom" cover actually happens (which would essentially be an homage of an homage of the 678 VenoMJ) and is done with any kind of cleverness as well, I would expect that to be a hit too (so long as 100 copies don't immediately flood ebay the moment it comes out).

-J.

"seeing a "venomized" fantastic four or psylocke doesn't have the same punch as seeing Mary Jane" - you are spot on there!

The hulk and Iron man variants have a great visual impact for me too

lol The vast majority of them were pretty over the top, part of a short-run title and/or seemingly non-sequitur. Venom was born in the pages of the long running ASM title, throw in the MJ and homage angle with a slightly demented, unexpected twist and there you have it. :cloud9: Plus seeing a "venomized" fantastic four or psylocke doesn't have the same punch as seeing Mary Jane. It seems to follow a similar paradigm of the wolverine/Deadpool mash up cover. If the "Spider-Gwenom" cover actually happens (which would essentially be an homage of an homage of the 678 VenoMJ) and is done with any kind of cleverness as well, I would expect that to be a hit too (so long as 100 copies don't immediately flood ebay the moment it comes out).

-J.

Spider-Gwenom (and all the Spider-Gwen variants) were pretty much an order as many as you want per account type of thing. Don't expect any price increases in these books until they thin out, but they are not seeded variants and certainly wont be rare.

I'd suggest that anyone who is *seriously interested* in a CGC 9.6 to send my man Costas a PM on this forum.

I am sure he would be happy to remove his ASM 678 CGC 9.6 Venom Variant BIN/or Best Offer listing from eBay and sell it to a boardie at a better price than he has it on eBay.

Keep in mind eBay eats up on average around 10% of sale prices.

I have traded with Costas before and he has other boardie references available, he's stand up.

.I've met him in person a few times as well, he's a good dude; a family man and he is also a police officer in Easton PA, as well.

That said, I totally vouch for the guy.

No, it's not feeling like 1993....

Not at ALL...

:popcorn:

...except there's not 1 million copies of the book. lol

-J.

No, and there weren't 1 million copies of the books that were selling for ridiculous money in 1993, either.

Not at ALL...

...except there's not 1 million copies of the book. lol

-J.

No, and there weren't 1 million copies of the books that were selling for ridiculous money in 1993, either.

"Ridiculous" is subjective. People buy what they like. If there are only 500 or so copies of a popular book in existence who's to say? Your thoughts of an impending "crash" are already well documented. This convo is probably best had in the thread you have already started on the subject. (thumbs u

-J.

Not at ALL...

You should probably stop calling other members out for creating redundant threads when you insist on making market crash comments over and over again.

-J.

Hit the nail on the head.

Plus certain people like pooches under females belly buttons. Please don't discount that, haha