• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

How long before we see a Mary Jane Venom series? I've had the thought for several years that this could be a cool concept. I remember reading the Mcfarlane stuff many moons ago, and thinking that the symbiote merging with MJ would eventually be a thing. She's always been such a beloved character, and it seems like this might be Marvel's best opportunity to get her into an actual starring role in a series. (not counting that made for tweens' stuff from a few years ago.)

How long before we see a Mary Jane Venom series? I've had the thought for several years that this could be a cool concept. I remember reading the Mcfarlane stuff many moons ago, and thinking that the symbiote merging with MJ would eventually be a thing. She's always been such a beloved character, and it seems like this might be Marvel's best opportunity to get her into an actual starring role in a series. (not counting that made for tweens' stuff from a few years ago.)

Never thought of this before. Seems like a good idea.

Anyone buying the MJ Venom renew your vows cover? Looks like a cheaper alternative if you don't want to shell out the dough for hte 678.

Yes "pending final art".

Already pre-selling at $30 now. :o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-RENEW-YOUR-VOWS-3-MIKE-DEODATO-VARIANT-VENOM-MARY-JANE-678/271898395855?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D31482%26meid%3D5deae818d5004567adb8dd54aaf72b4a%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D201369814662

-J.

Anyone buying the MJ Venom renew your vows cover? Looks like a cheaper alternative if you don't want to shell out the dough for hte 678.

Yes "pending final art".

Already pre-selling at $30 now. :o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-RENEW-YOUR-VOWS-3-MIKE-DEODATO-VARIANT-VENOM-MARY-JANE-678/271898395855?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D31482%26meid%3D5deae818d5004567adb8dd54aaf72b4a%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D201369814662

-J.

I would buy the colored edition cant seem to find it anywhere tho....

yea about to place my order and just not sure which i want i wish i could see what the colored version will look like i mean ill be happy with either of them for sure. B&W will probably have a smaller print run, think i might go with that one

Edited by Thecollector881

Look what came in the mail today, really stoked. And let me be the first to say, it shouldn't be a 9.8. The couple spine ticks that were on the front cover are still there (even after pressing?) and after I recently subbed an UF4 that got a 9.2 and only had a couple more minor non cb's, I'm very lucky.

Amazing_Spider-Man_678_Mary_Jane_Venom_Variant.jpg

But hey, a 9.8 is a 9.8 :acclaim:

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

Look what came in the mail today, really stoked. And let me be the first to say, it shouldn't be a 9.8. The couple spine ticks that were on the front cover are still there (even after pressing?) and after I recently subbed an UF4 that got a 9.2 and only had a couple more minor non cb's, I'm very lucky.

Jerome

Very nice congrats! You can usually have a small colour breaking spine tick and still pull a 9.8. I'm sure that monster sized scan exaggerates even the most minor imperfections. lol

This book is not an easy 9.8, so yes, you definitely scored.. and if you happened to catch the graders on a "soft day", then more power to you. (thumbs u

-J.

Jerome

Very nice congrats! You can usually have a small colour breaking spine tick and still pull a 9.8. I'm sure that monster sized scan exaggerates even the most minor imperfections. lol

This book is not an easy 9.8, so yes, you definitely scored.. and if you happened to catch the graders on a "soft day", then more power to you. (thumbs u

-J.

also, it some cases some creases are pressed out, but revert back after a bit, with ambient temperature and pressure playing a role. It might have been graded before the reversion occurred.

Jerome

-J.

also, it some cases some creases are pressed out, but revert back after a bit, with ambient temperature and pressure playing a role. It might have been graded before the reversion occurred.

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap: