• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "TRUTH" about CAF

258 posts in this topic

All on the wrong track.

How can you anonymously kick and scream and get anyone to take you seriously?

Oh, I think you spelled crack wrong. Oops!

:blush:

Next time make sure you choose the right one!

I’ve had a few emails thanking me for “attempting” to highlight that not everyone is happy with the performance of caf and one poor guy defiantly had been bullied by other members,

I don't think putting things in quotes means what you think it means.

Also, shouldn't a superhero who takes the name of his country...a continent even...be just slightly less whiny? Just a touch perhaps?

THAT WE ALL ARE ALLOWED TO HAVE “OUR” OWN OPINIONS.

It's my opinion you have no idea in what way quotes are to be used.

Opinions are pretty worthless if they are not backed up by facts, details, first hand specific accounts. Leave out the facts and it's just a rant. I can get a better one from the homeless guy on the corner who is convinced that the buttons on his shirt transmit messages to space aliens.

Your thinly veiled "anonymous" (see how is used it there?) attacks don't share anything about how you were specifically "wronged" (once more with feeling) and thus carry the weight of a Neutrino that's been huffing helium gas.

This forum clearly shows that their are a heck of a lot of “not nice” members of caf, while we all can see bullying does exist in caf what can be done about it, the caf management tolerate it, possibly even promote it by allowing a small selected group of it’s members to continue as members, bullying is not tolerated in other industries or in schools, BUT it is at caf.

Fraud, deception, and the misrepresentation of items for sale in order to mislead potential customers is frowned upon in other industries as well.

An important issue that needs to be talked about and exposed.

It's somewhere on the list, but far far below exposing people who try to pass off lightboxed pieces as the work of the original artist.

Those guys engage in actual fraud.

When they get caught they tend to make some lame attempt at a smoke screen to distract from the fact that they have been caught and both of their hands are, indeed, a bright shade of crimson.

A much more important issue.

Fair enough, expose it. Who are you? What was your CAF account name? If there is validity in you're accusations please provide deartails; don't hide behind an anonymous internet name as well just keep laughing at you.

I agree, why are scammers allowed to continue to rip off people on CAF for prolonged periods of time. Why doesn't CAF ban them quicker? These type of scumbags who continue to pass fake art off as real should be shut down much faster. Come on folks, lets stay on topic, this is a very important issue.

The three last posts of Captain Didgeridoo have been:

...An important issue that needs to be talked about and exposed.

...Never stop exposing/talking about bullys

...It's important to stay on track

The next ones will be

...must get air

...bully on windpipe

(pause)

...where...are...almonds...

I agree, why are scammers allowed to continue to rip off people on CAF for prolonged periods of time. Why doesn't CAF ban them quicker? These type of scumbags who continue to pass fake art off as real should be shut down much faster. Come on folks, lets stay on topic, this is a very important issue.

(thumbs u

Excellent point. How can we help Bill keep these guys at bay?

I’ve had a few emails thanking me for “attempting” to highlight that not everyone is happy with the performance of caf and one poor guy defiantly had been bullied by other members, all of these people concerned of reprisals from “selected” dealers/collectors in the Comic Art Industry if they made their concerns public, I fully understand hence the name Captain Australia, however this discussion (for want of a better term) has been worthwhile in exposing the dogmatic, rude and blatant bullying by a small group of caf members that exists, their callus behaviour is only matched by their lack of humour and over self-importance in my opinion and that is important THAT WE ALL ARE ALLOWED TO HAVE “OUR” OWN OPINIONS.

What's you email again?

I’ve had a few emails thanking me for “attempting” to highlight that not everyone is happy with the performance of caf and one poor guy defiantly had been bullied by other members, all of these people concerned of reprisals from “selected” dealers/collectors in the Comic Art Industry if they made their concerns public, I fully understand hence the name Captain Australia, however this discussion (for want of a better term) has been worthwhile in exposing the dogmatic, rude and blatant bullying by a small group of caf members that exists, their callus behaviour is only matched by their lack of humour and over self-importance in my opinion and that is important THAT WE ALL ARE ALLOWED TO HAVE “OUR” OWN OPINIONS.

What's you email again?

I would guess azzhole@scumbag.com (shrug)

I re-read our forum and earlier today did some ringing around and checking up, I’ve seen that the caf gallery for Richard Rae still is there, remember right from the beginning I raised the issue of “paid” caf members being bared from caf without any warning, reason or right to reply plus NO REFUND for services paid for.

Well it seams that Richard Rae was NOT A PAID MEMBER, as well his gallery is still there, whatever grievance the caf bullies have with him is NOT the issue raised here.

However the name Estate Clearing was raised and today I was not able to talk to anyone named Vince, but I was able to talk to the manager of the Sydney based auction business with surprising disclosures.

It has been revealed that this auction house (that traditionally dealt just with antiques) decided to try it’s hand at The Comic Book & Original Comic Art Markets after they obtained a number of collections, one being that of Richard Rae.

While not fully understanding the internet, after much discussion the decision was made to “give it a go”, so one thing they did was become a “PAID” member of caf, then they didn’t list anything for some months while they viewed and took note of how the place worked (and all the going on’s).

They took note of a “negative click” that existed in caf regarding “some” of it’s members, but still figured they would give the place a go, so they slowly started listing items, within just a few days they started to be contacted by caf members who were part of this “negative click” who were quite rude (one name mentioned was a member named Terry).

As the weeks went by more art was placed in the gallery and more negative messages were sent, it was impressed on me that not all the messages were negative but a great many of them were.

Finally a drawing of Captain America was placed in the gallery, while still getting familiar with just how to post items, the operator did as he had done before by placing the scan or photo in the gallery with a heading then later he could ad details and extra information, it had never been a problem before BUT this time all hell broke out.

As the operator went on with his job a few negative messages slowly were place on the listing, as he tried to read and fully grasp what the problem was literally hundreds THAT’S HUNDREDS of abusive messages were being left on the listing, I’m told the member known as Terry who had originally been interested in buying items being the worst offender, with no support from caf management in regards to guide lines for such an occurrence, he was not given any chance to reply to such personal character acts, then offers to buy the item came in then were withdrawn, so the operator attempted to transfer most of the messages from the listing to a safe file for review while at the same time deleting them on the listing as to try and view a “manageable” amount of information to understand and rectify whatever problem existed while at the same time continue to do his job.

It was around this time during these unprofessional and bullying actions by caf members that an abusive and racially based message was left by the member known as Terry and that was the final straw, clearly Terry was screwing with not only the operators listing but his job as well and that’s when the operator screwed with a few of Terry’s listings to basically say @#*! OFF and give me a fair go here to see what’s going on. he wanted to show this guy that it’s not nice to screw around with other peoples listings and you would not like it if it happens to you.

In hinge sight the operator knew two wrongs don’t make a right BUT under the strain of the abusive massagers' and the amount of them he believed at the time this action would slow things down and it did, it gave the bullies the power to make a complaint to the management of caf and have the gallery bared.

This forum has given me the perfect example of what I have been saying from page one, thank you.

This “PAID” member WHO CAN BE NAMED was bullied then bared with NO PART OF HIS FEE REFUNDED, NO REASON GIVEN, NO WARNING GIVEN, a perfect example.

I asked if they were upset at not getting part of their fee refunded after being kicked off and bared and this is part of their official reply that was fax to me later:

“...no we will not be seeking any form of refund from CAF, we made the error and they are the rules, we acted poorly under adverse conditions and we should have known better...” it went on to say “...just as we would not be members of any club that condoned these sorts of tactics by selected members we will not be a part of CAF, we regret even attempting to be a part of such poorly policed group...” it went on to say “...since we are no longer with CAF moral amongst our staff is higher, we have run two successful auctions in Sydney with comic books and original comic art and achieving better than expected results...”

Better than expected results, their first auction brought in AUS$223,000,00, with all comic books and original comic art going to auction with NO RESERVE ! not bad, what items remain will go onto a newly developed Estate Clearing web site that is now almost in completion.

Stanley Pitt Silver Starr cover 1950’s $AUS$700 - Jack Kirby published page In The Days Of The MOB page #1 splash AUS$1,200 - Vaughn Bode published page COBOLT 60 page #3 splashy AUS$680 – Alex Toth Love comic 1960’s published page AUS$320, art sold at the RIGHT market price.

Now this will get you, I asked how they would feel if any caf members wanted to bid for any of their items when their site was up and running and they officially said the following:

“...we will have nothing more to do with CAF or any of it’s members, we have kept all messages and correspondence sent to us while we were there and have a record of names, numbers, email and addresses, we will do no further dealings with any of these people...”

So while at first I knew NOTHING about these people your input within this forum has proved without any question that bullying clearly does exist in caf and it’s members.