• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Artist's Editions you would buy (if IDW actually made them)?

IDW Artist's Editions You Would Buy  

387 members have voted

1. 1. IDW Artist's Editions You Would Buy

542 posts in this topic

Hello All,

Just a heads up to let you know that Joe Kubert's TOR Artist's Edition is available for pre-order here:

http://goo.gl/2XbWVd

FYI, there will not be a variant edition of TOR.

And Jeff Smith's BONE The Great Cow Race Artist's Edition can be found here:

http://goo.gl/gcGOna

There will be a S/N limited edition of Bone available at a later date (no remarques).

Thanks,

Scott

Got the Wally Wood AE this week. Stunning. I'm hoping they do one for Al Feldstein. Did anyone get Grant Geissman's new book about him?

I bought it from Grant at SDCC this year,signed by both him and Feldstein. Although I'm only a couple of dozen pages in, it's a treat. Tons of info, pics etc...and great quality of production.

Got the Wally Wood AE this week. Stunning. I'm hoping they do one for Al Feldstein. Did anyone get Grant Geissman's new book about him?

I bought it from Grant at SDCC this year,signed by both him and Feldstein. Although I'm only a couple of dozen pages in, it's a treat. Tons of info, pics etc...and great quality of production.

Are there many original art reproductions in the book? Pages, stories, etc?

God yes, there are more full color reproductions but there is a fair share of OA and a lot of sketches, and pencil only stuff. Neat are the double full page spreads with the OA on one side and the printed page on the other. Book is pretty large, about the size of DC Absolute Edition book. Some full stories in there as well, but not in OA format, but then again it's not an Artist Edition. I thought it was a bargain at $50

God yes, there are more full color reproductions but there is a fair share of OA and a lot of sketches, and pencil only stuff. Neat are the double full page spreads with the OA on one side and the printed page on the other. Book is pretty large, about the size of DC Absolute Edition book. Some full stories in there as well, but not in OA format, but then again it's not an Artist Edition. I thought it was a bargain at $50

50 bucks, double-signed? That's a huge bargain. Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.

50 bucks, double-signed? That's a huge bargain. Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.

you're welcome...I just remembered I filmed some parts of the book when I came back from the con, I embedded the video to start at the part with the Feldstein book...this way you get a look at the inside pages as well.

Scott, I didn't think I'd be saying this, but you've outdone yourself.

A Peanuts volume, (finally, comic strips!)

Kirby's New Gods.

2 Steranko SHIELD volumes?

And a Watchmen volume?

(I just hope owners of Watchmen art that hasn't been included will see the news and contact you so the book might become MORE complete by the time it goes to print).

This is truly spectacular. Every volume is a must-buy for me.

Thank you!

Scott, I didn't think I'd be saying this, but you've outdone yourself.

A Peanuts volume, (finally, comic strips!)

Kirby's New Gods.

2 Steranko SHIELD volumes?

And a Watchmen volume?

(I just hope owners of Watchmen art that hasn't been included will see the news and contact you so the book might become MORE complete by the time it goes to print).

This is truly spectacular. Every volume is a must-buy for me.

Thank you!

Steranko ? Scott dropped a hint about this at SDCC, but haven't heard anything about it since :wishluck: