• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

e.s.

I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for the comics you signed and sent out and thank you for the awesome personalized poster you sent out to one of the bordies.

I know I'm new to these boards so my words probably don't carry much clout but I just wanted to say that.

I think it's awesome you find time to come on here and talk with us. Your actions have made me respect image more as a company and the type of people they employ.

We don't have a lot of extra cash for comics each month but what we do have, me and the family have been spending most of it on image books! You guys really see doing an amazing job!

And that is how you make a post. Bravo, D. :acclaim:

+1 nice to see something positive!

e.s.

I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for the comics you signed and sent out and thank you for the awesome personalized poster you sent out to one of the bordies.

I know I'm new to these boards so my words probably don't carry much clout but I just wanted to say that.

I think it's awesome you find time to come on here and talk with us. Your actions have made me respect image more as a company and the type of people they employ.

We don't have a lot of extra cash for comics each month but what we do have, me and the family have been spending most of it on image books! You guys really see doing an amazing job!

And that is how you make a post. Bravo, D. :acclaim:

+1 nice to see something positive!

Nice guy Welcome to boards!

e.s.

:golfclap:

Ellen Raskin's cover illustration for the first edition of A Wrinkle in Time was the inspiration for the Thought Bubble cover (also 'Inside World Corp' in #2).

Just about everything design related is a reference to something, and mid-century modern style informs much of the book's aesthetic (and that extends to the fashion and furniture Nate draws).

The #1 cover is based on Lawrence Raskin's jacket design for The Beatles: The Authorised Biography, for instance, and the Thomas Walker interview was patterned after the classic Playboy interview. I'm hoping to be able to include an appendix of all these easter eggs in the collections, including the many musical references within the -script.

Ellen Raskin's cover illustration for the first edition of A Wrinkle in Time was the inspiration for the Thought Bubble cover (also 'Inside World Corp' in #2).

Just about everything design related is a reference to something, and mid-century modern style informs much of the book's aesthetic (and that extends to the fashion and furniture Nate draws).

The #1 cover is based on Lawrence Raskin's jacket design for The Beatles: The Authorised Biography, for instance, and the Thomas Walker interview was patterned after the classic Playboy interview. I'm hoping to be able to include an appendix of all these easter eggs in the collections, including the many musical references within the -script.

Awesome.

Which Nowhere Men book will be the most sought after. The Thought Bubble or Orange?

Thought bubble. The orange will be like Larrys reprint for Chew. Its a later reprint.

The condition of the print run will keep the desire and value up as well. I would estimate about 10% of the print would grade 9.8. I'm curious, if the same stock was used as the standard cover, why do most of the TB's look so bad? Did it have something to do with why they didn't make it to the convention? Were they rushed through print, dropped, accident, etc?

Which Nowhere Men book will be the most sought after. The Thought Bubble or Orange?

Thought bubble. The orange will be like Larrys reprint for Chew. Its a later reprint.

The condition of the print run will keep the desire and value up as well. I would estimate about 10% of the print would grade 9.8. I'm curious, if the same stock was used as the standard cover, why do most of the TB's look so bad? Did it have something to do with why they didn't make it to the convention? Were they rushed through print, dropped, accident, etc?

They were in an earthquake and fell two stories.

Back to the story. Where do you think this is heading? We have a group of scientist working on a space station with some type of disease they contracted. Now they are on earth with some extraordinary abilities. How is this going to connect with the founding members of World Corp? Do they come back for revenge, compensation for what happened to them, what? Then we have Simon Grimshaw that seems like a sneaky, power hungry individual_without_enough_empathy. Dade and Emerson seem to be on the same page but what's going on with Thomas? Thoughts?

Edited by carter3175

Back to the story. Where do you think this is heading? We have a group of scientist working on a space station with some type of disease they contracted. Now they are on earth with some extraordinary abilities. How is this going to connect with the founding members of World Corp? Do they come back for revenge, compensation for what happened to them, what? Then we have Simon Grimshaw that seems like a sneaky, power hungry individual_without_enough_empathy. Dade and Emerson seems to be on the same page but what's going on with Thomas? Thoughts?

Revenge and movie royalties... So long as ABC doesn't run the story first.

Back to the story. Where do you think this is heading? We have a group of scientist working on a space station with some type of disease they contracted. Now they are on earth with some extraordinary abilities. How is this going to connect with the founding members of World Corp? Do they come back for revenge, compensation for what happened to them, what? Then we have Simon Grimshaw that seems like a sneaky, power hungry individual_without_enough_empathy. Dade and Emerson seem to be on the same page but what's going on with Thomas? Thoughts?

No clue on any of that, but obviously the virus will spread, and there will be an outbreak of super powers. I have a hunch it will pick up speed in the second arc. Looking forward to it!

No clue on any of that, but obviously the virus will spread, and there will be an outbreak of super powers. I have a hunch it will pick up speed in the second arc. Looking forward to it!

I don't think it will spread. I think it will be self contained to that group. But, lets entertain the thought of it spreading. Is this when 4 of the greatest minds on the planet come together to figure out a way to contain and cure them? If they do figure out a way to contain it, will the government want to control it to use for their benefit? hm