• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

lol.. Whats with all the hate for es round herr

He views speculators as scumbags, and we were the ones buying his crappy book in huge numbers. So, it was a mutual "FU" I guess

I still can't for the life of me figure out how this book has been nominated for multiple Eisners. Seriously...WTF?

Because what was written and drawn was really, really good. RIP Nowhere Men.

I still can't for the life of me figure out how this book has been nominated for multiple Eisners. Seriously...WTF?

Jimmy Hendrix is probably just as well known as the Rolling Stones, but look at their entire bodies of work. Even a flash in the pan is worthy of recognition.

I was hoping the nominations would serve as confirmation they needed to realize that people loved the book and to start making it a priority...but that didn't seem to happen :(

The MOST galling thing about the entire Nowhere Man debacle is that E.S. has never said anything at all to describe WHY there had been so many hold ups and delays. He essentially took a dump on everyone that was a fan, then proceeded to hose them down with his man juices......

I personally think fans deserve a wee bit more than getting defiled and ignored.

I guess I'm under the impression that artists don't owe fans anything. Maybe this is a phenomenon unique to comics ? I don't get pissy when I have had to wait a long time for a new album from my favorite musicians, and I'm certainly not going to stop being a fan or dismiss their prior work because I'm pissed about the wait. Just my 2c , ES doesn't owe anyone anything, it was fun while it lasted.

I guess I'm under the impression that artists don't owe fans anything. Maybe this is a phenomenon unique to comics ? I don't get pissy when I have had to wait a long time for a new album from my favorite musicians, and I'm certainly not going to stop being a fan or dismiss their prior work because I'm pissed about the wait. Just my 2c , ES doesn't owe anyone anything, it was fun while it lasted.

Respect is a two way street. You're correct: E.S. doesn't owe anyone anything, but by the same logic the fans owe nothing back.

Respect is a two way street. You're correct: E.S. doesn't owe anyone anything, but by the same logic the fans owe nothing back.

Vey true, well put.

The MOST galling thing about the entire Nowhere Man debacle is that E.S. has never said anything at all to describe WHY there had been so many hold ups and delays. He essentially took a dump on everyone that was a fan, then proceeded to hose them down with his man juices......

I personally think fans deserve a wee bit more than getting defiled and ignored.

lol! Hyperbole ftw! "Defiled"! lol

Actually can't believe people are still going on about this. STILL! Just remember everyone was all over ES when he was giving out FREE COPIES of SIGNED NWM #1. Oh how little it takes to get people to completely change.

The truth is, people are spouting so much hate in ES' direction because their investment is now worth squat. That can be the only reason because I can see no other reason at all to be so ridiculously angry at a late or cancelled comic regardless of how communicative the creators have been about it. Talk about 1st world problems.

I'm still waiting for another issue of a comic called Straw Men from 2008. I doubt it will ever happen. Just gotta find some way of getting on with my life. :screwy:

Pitiful excuse to blame it on no artist. I don't believe it has been written.

I really should have put two and two together on this and the original concept of nowhere men from way back in 2004 in Invincible #19.

It took ES 8 years to get Nowhere Men on store shelves from the time it appeared as a preview in Invincible.

Finally some sort of an announcement.

2MPIyT1.png

Nrama: The book has had some delays, with these first six issues taking 11 months to come out. Doing a book monthly is a hard task even for major corporations with dozens of employees, so readers can understand. But can you talk about the delays and what the future looks like for Nowhere Men?

Stephenson: That's been a super drag. And I mean, seriously, I'm putting that really :censored: lightly. I'm not going to get into the whys and wherefores behind the delays, because even though this is the age of airing your dirty laundry on the Internet, I actually think there's something to be said for working your problems out in private, and you know, there were definitely some problems and they carried on for a quite a while longer than anyone involved was expecting. John Stewart likes to use the phrase "wildly_fanciful_statement Mountain" a lot on his show, and having issue six out, I kind of feel like we've been on a five month expedition to the top of wildly_fanciful_statement Mountain and back and I'm just happy for it to finally be over.

As for the future, we've got the trade paperback coming out toward the end of November, in time for the Thought Bubble show in Leeds, and after that, we'll be back with the next arc in January.

Source

Seven months later and we're still not on the other side of "wildly_fanciful_statement Mountain."

:roflmao:

Nrama: The book has had some delays, with these first six issues taking 11 months to come out. Doing a book monthly is a hard task even for major corporations with dozens of employees, so readers can understand. But can you talk about the delays and what the future looks like for Nowhere Men?

Stephenson: That's been a super drag. And I mean, seriously, I'm putting that really :censored: lightly. I'm not going to get into the whys and wherefores behind the delays, because even though this is the age of airing your dirty laundry on the Internet, I actually think there's something to be said for working your problems out in private, and you know, there were definitely some problems and they carried on for a quite a while longer than anyone involved was expecting. John Stewart likes to use the phrase "wildly_fanciful_statement Mountain" a lot on his show, and having issue six out, I kind of feel like we've been on a five month expedition to the top of wildly_fanciful_statement Mountain and back and I'm just happy for it to finally be over.

TRANSLATION: E.S. is incompetent with regards to handling problems professionally.

He's the head honcho, the big 'cheese' after all over at Image. If there's a problem with the story, he's the one writing it and no-one else is to blame. If there's a problem with the artist, hire another or hire an assistant to ease the burden. If anyone was in a position to eliminate the issues or nonsense driving the delays E.S. was in it. He demonstrated that he clearly cannot and furthermore demonstrated immeasurable disrespect to the fan base by not acknowledging the shortcomings earlier in a transparent way.

TRANSLATION: E.S. is incompetent with regards to handling problems professionally.

He's the head honcho, the big 'cheese' after all over at Image. If there's a problem with the story, he's the one writing it and no-one else is to blame. If there's a problem with the artist, hire another or hire an assistant to ease the burden. If anyone was in a position to eliminate the issues or nonsense driving the delays E.S. was in it. He demonstrated that he clearly cannot and furthermore demonstrated immeasurable disrespect to the fan base by not acknowledging the shortcomings earlier in a transparent way.

This was my first reaction.

Tough to listen to cryptic excuses from the guy who ultimately makes the big calls. Still sucks though, really enjoyed this title.