• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CV Comic Verification - a new layer to the encapsulation process

1,159 posts in this topic

He said the feedback they have received thus far has been encouraging.

“The feedback has been very positive. Everyone understood the value added proposition,” he said.

Copy revision required. meh

I can just imagine that conversation with a dealer at a con.

CVA: Yes, we will let just YOU and a few select others have these awesome gold stickers that will increase a books value by 30% just like it did with coins.

Dealer: really?

CVA: oh yeah! and did i forget to mention, only YOU will get these not the peons on the boards?

Dealer: sounds good hm

CVA: draft the "feedback has been very positive" press release (thumbs u

Also, is this just for comics or can i do superhero booties? Clearly this is deserving of a "exceptional eye appeal" gold sticker no???

msm02.jpg

(thumbs u

.....which cheek gets the sticker (shrug) GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

If this stupid idea takes off, CVA won't survive. All CGC has to do is offer this as a service. Poof everyone uses cgc instead.

Woof, I hope CGC never considers offering a secondary grading verification. Not only would that undermine its primary business but they don't even have time to adequately address what's already on their plate.

If this stupid idea takes off, CVA won't survive. All CGC has to do is offer this as a service. Poof everyone uses cgc instead.

Woof, I hope CGC never considers offering a secondary grading verification. Not only would that undermine its primary business but they don't even have time to adequately address what's already on their plate.

Yeah but what if they allow you to fast track the verification of their fast track verification? :idea:

Yeah but what if they allow you to fast track the verification of their fast track verification? :idea:

hm I'd be willing to pay up 69.99 for such a service.

I don't think it'll be a 69 service. I'm picturing you as the catcher.

I don't think it'll be a 69 service. I'm picturing you as the catcher.

.....do we get a free spanking with each rejection (shrug) GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Well, I mentioned it in a previous thread, and didn't see any response, but what happens when we get counterfeit stickers popping up?

That's just a win-win for collectors as it means there are even more pretty books out there for us :cloud9:

Does anyone remember a few months back when ComicLink had 2 of the same title and issue in exactly the same grade, but different page qualities? It is the only time I recall seeing 2 comics in the same grade in the same auction and I wonder if it was a test for this type of service. If I recall correctly, the White-paged example sold for several hundred dollars more than the OWW-page example.

It might have been Journey Into Mystery #103, but that's a vague recollection...

You are monetizing something that is subjective under the guise of objectivity.

I have decided that everyone will pay me $5 and I will let you know that you love Justin Bieber's new album.

What if I don't agree with you? Can I resubmit?

Seriously, seeing that just pisses me off now. I know these guys have friends here on the boards so some will want to play nice and act like this isn't total BS but someone explain to me how in the hell those are EXCEPTIONAL eye appeal copies??? There's no nicer looking 9.4's than those miswraps? :facepalm:

This is just a money grab scam from people that think we are too stupid to see it IMO rantrant

You are monetizing something that is subjective under the guise of objectivity.

I have decided that everyone will pay me $5 and I will let you know that you love Justin Bieber's new album.

What if I don't agree with you? Can I resubmit?

If the slab doesn't fit, you must submit. hm