• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CV Comic Verification - a new layer to the encapsulation process

1,159 posts in this topic

At first i was all "OMG I NEED THIS!"

And then i remembered i already have eyes.

Im still torn between knowing better and really liking hologram stickers.

I'm starting a new service where, for a nominal fee, I will use two of your CGC graded books as bread and make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich out of them.

Depending on the tier and price, you can choose between Grape or Peach jelly.

For a small up charge, you can also get crunchy peanut butter.

I'm going to call it PBJCS.

Submission prices and details to come.

I'm starting a new service where, for a nominal fee, I will use two of your CGC graded books as bread and make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich out of them.

I've gotta have one of those. doh!

I find it VERY humorous that I asked THREE times if a miswrapped book can get an "exceptional eye appeal" gold star. All those went unanswered but they did answer the person quoting me asking if miswraps are considered and they answer generically "yes, they are considered" meh

:roflmao::banana::whee::roflmao:

I find it VERY humorous that I asked THREE times if a miswrapped book can get an "exceptional eye appeal" gold star. All those went unanswered but they did answer the person quoting me asking if miswraps are considered and they answer generically "yes, they are considered" meh

Serious back-pedaling right now. I would love to be a fly on the wall at their base of operations. (Which I hear is in PGX's garage.)

A) This comment just caused me to kick my cat in the face by accident I laughed so hard lol

B) I'm loving how GA/SA and modern collectors are coming together for once

C) I SERIOUSLY still don't know if this isn't an entire joke that I'm missing out on, cause it sounds like one.

D) Its a good thing I don't usually buy slabs, cause if I did, I'd be hella pi$$ed that I'm now potentially gonna be paying more cause some money-hungry naive-preying bloodsucker thinks a comic is prettier than others.

A) This comment just caused me to kick my cat in the face by accident I laughed so hard lol

B) I'm loving how GA/SA and modern collectors are coming together for once

C) I SERIOUSLY still don't know if this isn't an entire joke that I'm missing out on, cause it sounds like one.

D) Its a good thing I don't usually buy slabs, cause if I did, I'd be hella pi$$ed that I'm now potentially gonna be paying more cause some money-hungry naive-preying bloodsucker thinks a comic is prettier than others.

That already happens. People that have those weird things in their heads called EYEBALLS already pay a premium for comics that are "prettier" than its counterparts even if they have the same grades.

It's just that nobody has been dumb enough to pay someone to put a gold star on a book so they didn't have to burden their eyeballs looking at a book :facepalm:

I am the founder and president of CVA . . .

CAC, a coin service that places its holographic sticker on holders that are considered "premium-quality" have added between 10 - 30% of value to those coins. Why? Because they have superior eye appeal. Humans beings always seek and gravitate towards people or things with higher visual appeal. Comic books are no exception. Moreover, we all want value for our hard earned money.

There are numerous comic books, even in ultra high grade, assigned the same grade, which may be technically correct, but in fact they are less appealing to collectors. For example, there are 200 examples of Hulk 181 in 9.6 - are they all the same? Of course not. Until now, there has been no objective, third party designation of the ones with distinctly exceptional visual appeal within the assigned grade. CVA fills that gap.

There has been numerous times when I purchased a comic book online but was disappointment when I received it. This service is meant to be a voice, an advocate if you will, for the collector.

We are currently working with auction houses and dealers. ComicLink will be the first of many. Pricing tiers will also be finalized soon.

Please feel free to stop by booth #307 at the NYCC. I would like the opportunity to address your concerns.

Awesome, so in a nutshell you are "verifying" the "verification" of a comic?

Giving redundancy a bad name (thumbs u

I hate to make a blanket statement but this really does sound retarded.

.....It will help those who can't, to better buy the book and not the label. It could also help eliminate the mystery of what the back cover looks like (when not provided). It seems to be viewed as a positive and worth a premium in the coin field with CAC. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u