• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CV Comic Verification - a new layer to the encapsulation process

1,159 posts in this topic

I don't think you naysayers get it. It's a hologram sticker. Who cares what it means or how much it costs , it's a HOLOGRAM STICKER! :whee:

lol

Brilliant.

130847.jpg

You didn't show the way the sticker looks if someone decides to tamper with it

cva-rollover-2.jpg

Nerds-Gallery.jpg

Isn't there a company in the coin hobby that does this same thing? I could have sworn I'd heard about this before.
Yes.

http://www.caccoin.com/

"Now there's an easy way to identify coins that are solid for the grade - a CAC verification sticker."

"With CAC, prices for the solid quality coins can be untethered from the lesser quality counterparts."

cac_saint_dw1.jpg

Apparently these people have never seen the INSANE level of and moaning comic nerds do when someone like say Comiclink puts an extra sticker on the back of a slab much less the front! :baiting:

"In every field, collectors want exceptional value for their money - the certified comic book field is no exception. Now there is an easy way to identify comic books with higher visual appeal than others assigned the same numerical grade by CGC - simply look for the CVA Exceptional sticker."

Are they in partnership with CGC?

Are they part of the grading process?

Are they making their judgment of "higher visual appeal" just by looking through the case?

If the cash starts flowing it wouldn't be shocking if a CGC marketing partnership developed. Why would it be any different than the long line of marketing partnerships already in-play?

SCOOP: Comic Verification Authority Launches at NYCC

"It's not CVA's purpose to accept, reject or question CGC's grading. If CVA does not sticker a comic book, that does not mean the book was over-graded or is not solid for the grade. "

I would like to know why ComicLink is on board with this "innovation" in the hobby, but not on board with GPA.

I would not like it if I had consigned to this auction, if it had not been disclosed ahead of time that CVA was being debuted here.

Was every comic in this auction looked over by CVA? By the lack of a sticker, are we as bidders meant to conclude that a book in this auction without a sticker is an "inferior example"?

Alright, I guess it's time to reveal my next business venture:

Picture this if you will...

You buy a CGC graded comic on an internet auction site. It's a good day for you, so it arrives in a sturdy box which the delivery service was unable to destroy.

You take the comic out of the box and unwrap packing material until you're standing in a sea of bubble wrap.

You gaze lovingly at your new treasure for a few minutes. Then you turn it over to see the old drawing school advertisement on the back. It's only then that you notice - a scratch!

Now you can avoid this terrifying scenario buy only buying CGCGC comics.

At CGCGC we process your submissions in a fast and efficient manner. There is only one grading level with no option for fast-tracking. Turnaround is usually two to five business days. In that time we will:

• Receive and inspect your CGC graded comic
  • Perform a PGX check
  • Provide a numerical grade based on the attractiveness, beauty, and displayability of the slab.
  • Encapsulate your CGC slab in a breathable polyvinyl inner liner.
  • Encase the Ultra-clear inner liner inside a double-walled PVC/Lexan hybrid container which is designed to withstand envelope shipping via the USPS.

Don't Delay! Protect your valuable CGC slabs today by using the only service which can both protect and enhance your CGC holder.

Services start at only $19.95 per slab. Get yours now before it's too late!

CVA reviewed for endorsement a sub-set of the total comic books available for the ComicLink October auction.

Just because CVA does not endorse a comic book, that does not mean said comic book is not solid for the grade or is over-graded. CVA is simply looking for ones that have exceptional eye appeal for the numerical grade assigned by CGC.

CVA reviewed for endorsement a sub-set of the total comic books available for the ComicLink October auction.

Just because CVA does not endorse a comic book, that does not mean said comic book is not solid for the grade or is over-graded. CVA is simply looking for ones that have exceptional eye appeal for the numerical grade assigned by CGC.

So the guy who brainstormed CVA could go to a con, buy every affordable slab with nice eye appeal, add his one cent sticker to the cover, and sell it at CLink with an extra degree of exposure, probably resulting in a few bucks premium at the final bid? And if it doesn't, who cares? The sticker cost a penny.

hm

As an additional service for NYCC, CGCGC is now adding a new service level!

For those times when you don't want to risk cracking open a 9.8, The New CGCGC Signature Series is what you need!

Our witness will observe the creator or celebrity as he/she/it signs your graded slab. The slab will then be processed ON-SITE following our normal processes. Your newly certified, autographed slab will be available by the time you leave the Con.

Prices start at just $29.99 for Signature Series.

*Grades given to CGCGC Signature Series slabs will take into account the neatness and legibility of the signature, so be sure to ask them to be neat & careful when they sign your treasures!

Isn't there a company in the coin hobby that does this same thing? I could have sworn I'd heard about this before.
Yes.

http://www.caccoin.com/

"Now there's an easy way to identify coins that are solid for the grade - a CAC verification sticker."

"With CAC, prices for the solid quality coins can be untethered from the lesser quality counterparts."

cac_saint_dw1.jpg

Untethered from the lesser quality counterpants? What the hell

The world is going insane

So... they'll only put on "exceptional" because if they put on "overgraded" or "poor eye-appeal and structure" CGC would sue them I'm sure. Or, the submitter would remove it.

I think the point made about this service "obtaining the grader notes from CGC" (and disqualifying books with noted interior defects) before rendering an opinion would have to be mandatory... or they are just cover grading.

This is the dumbest service ever. Well ok, besides anus bleaching, this is the dumbest service ever.

I'm considering a slabbing service for graded books that have been verified to be really, really, really, really good looking.

1FDF51DA-7809-4CAE-89E4-415CEC181C66-1854-0000011A5A512961.jpg

This is the dumbest service ever. Well ok, besides anus baloon knot bleaching, this is the dumbest service ever.

I'm considering a slabbing service for graded books that have been verified to be really, really, really, really good looking.

Fixed.

This is the dumbest service ever. Well ok, besides anus bleaching, this is the dumbest service ever.

I say Comiclink advertises all these books as the "Blue steel Collection"!

Really though, its no dumber than people paying extra because Comiclink adds OO Collection next to a book hoping we picture some old rube who had no clue he should press his 9.0 ASM5 that he just slabbed and consigned :facepalm: