• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHIZ #2 (#1s)...

136 posts in this topic

I thought about it over and over and asked a few people their thoughts..

The cover was totally detached and 90 percent split. A 2.0 looks much better than a 1.5 or 1.8.

Sometimes to get along you have to go along. hm

The cover was totally detached and 90 percent split. A 2.0 looks much better than a 1.5 or 1.8.

Odd comment. Do you mean milk it for everything its got on resale?

Why do most people apply tape to an expensive book? lol

If you ever sell it without taping the cover to the book, the person who buys it will crack it out, tape and flip. It seems pious but pointless to give away money to someone like that.

If you ever sell it without taping the cover to the book, the person who buys it will crack it out, tape and flip. It seems pious but pointless to give away money to someone like that.

(thumbs u

I was given the options by someone who has front row CGC service and he gets my books graded. He knew what the book would grade and value with and without tape. I chose the tape route. No regrets whatsoever and I still love the book. :cloud9:

Agree with you cheetah but earlier in the thread he goes:

I wonder on a book like this if it would be worth it to get it restored? I would definitely get it CGCed to person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point the ageing process and to prevent any further damage. EJR

Definitely getting it CGC'd. Yes, resto would improve the grade (taping it, cover reattachment, etc). No way dude. I want it all original. Could care less if it's the difference in a 1.8 or 2.0.

(thumbs u

My thing is, be upfront. Otherwise contradicting everything you say/claim in the previous pages makes you look silly.

Agree with you cheetah but earlier in the thread he goes:

I wonder on a book like this if it would be worth it to get it restored? I would definitely get it CGCed to person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point the ageing process and to prevent any further damage. EJR

Definitely getting it CGC'd. Yes, resto would improve the grade (taping it, cover reattachment, etc). No way dude. I want it all original. Could care less if it's the difference in a 1.8 or 2.0.

(thumbs u

My thing is, be upfront. Otherwise contradicting everything you say/claim in the previous pages makes you look silly.

Wasn't there a huge awesome thread of him and the kid doing this over and over again?

The Whiz looks much better, got a better grade, and is at max value.

Anyone who has (or will get) a detached key book will probably have to ponder this tape thing. hm

I spoke too soon earlier in this thread. doh!

But, as you can see, I'm very happy with my decision and the outcome. :banana:

The book looks much better, got a better grade, and is at max value.

Anyone who has (or will get) a detached key book will probably have to ponder this. hm

I have a detached book and didn't bother taping it. Not a tape fan at all.

DK, if it's a Tec 27 I bet you would be! lol

Anyone who has (or will get) a detached key book will probably have to ponder this. hm

Nope, not a Tec 27.. Close though

Nope, not a Tec 27.. Close though

If it's a 29,... :takeit: then I'll tape it lol