• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Modern Speculation Thread
5 5

633 posts in this topic

REN N STIMPY #6 1st Dan Slott Spiderman!!! This book should be going through the roof but hasn't picked up steam yet. WHY?

Oh yeah, because Dan Slott sux and ruined Spiderman

This just isn't true. Full sets have sold recently for $130-$150

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=maxx+1+35&_ipg=50&_sadis=200&_adv=1&_sop=12&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_osacat=3954&_from=R40&_dmd=1&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=maxx+1+35&_sacat=63

I've personally gotten $200 for full sets. It's cooled a little since those sales about 5 years ago, but that's a healthy price for a 35 (or so with bonus issues) issue set.

The #1-20 are easy, but the last 15 are decent money and i have gotten $10+ for any of the last 15 issues several times over.

I could see them turning saga into a cartoon....

"The Maxx" was made into a cartoon. How much are those books worth?

You'd be surprised. The 35 issue run is nearly worthless. No shortage of copies out there. But the black ashcans and one of the 1/2 Test prints have sold for up to 2k.

Guest Grails
This just isn't true. Full sets have sold recently for $130-$150

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=maxx+1+35&_ipg=50&_sadis=200&_adv=1&_sop=12&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_osacat=3954&_from=R40&_dmd=1&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=maxx+1+35&_sacat=63

I've personally gotten $200 for full sets. It's cooled a little since those sales about 5 years ago, but that's a healthy price for a 35 (or so with bonus issues) issue set.

The #1-20 are easy, but the last 15 are decent money and i have gotten $10+ for any of the last 15 issues several times over.

You'd be surprised. The 35 issue run is nearly worthless. No shortage of copies out there. But the black ashcans and one of the 1/2 Test prints have sold for up to 2k.

My mistake then, didn't realize Maxx sets were still doing well. I put together a few sets years ago for a buck a book with the exception of 34 & 35 which ran almost 10. This title is deeply rooted in nostalgia for me so I'm glad there is still interest.

Speaking of cartoons.

Sometime in August.

DC VS MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #1

3035680-dcu+vs+motu_1.jpg

I expect some buzz on it.

I've got this on my pull list already. I like the new MOTU books they've been putting out.

A couple more books on my radar due to past experience with modern "all ages books", among other series/issues I think might be good down the road:

Kiss Kids #1-4- Kiss fans are relentles in their pursuit of collectibles with the band on them. Small print runs probably, plus being a book for younger audiences, means the book could be good down the road in high grade. Might not be a quick flipper though.

Itty Bitty Hellboy1-6?- Same criteria as above. Hellboy completists will want this. Kept in high grade will be HTF down the road.

Ame-Comi Girls vol.2 #4- 1st Sinestra. Not in regular continuity, but lets not forget where Harley Quinn first appeared.

Dexter #1- I'm sure most already know about this book. Based off the book series and not the show. Can still be pre-ordered from TFAW for a discount.

Batman Beyond Universe- Due to the trend of non-continuity characters being crossed over into their respective regular universes has been on an upswing lately. I see many first appearance coming from this series possibly.

That's all for now, I got to go to work :sumo:

What about Batman #21 zero year and Superman Unchained?

What about 'em??? Superman Unchained has a huge print run, ditto for Batman. The only way I see any potential on either of these is a 2nd printing with a different cover that is underprinted. I know some on here would disagree, but sometimes 2nd -later printings will beat out the 1st's when they maybe have a cooler cover, and are harder to find. Completists are the ones who have to have every cover. They drive the prices.

@gradejunky,

Thanks for reply and I can not see that anywhere 2nd cover.How about walking dead #111 and #112 ,by the way?

If you are talking speculation at cover then unless it's a low print variant I can't see TWD being worthwhile. As something to read and collect it's great but the speculation on it has left the building and the fat lady has sung several songs since #95.

@gradejunky,

Thanks for reply and I can not see that anywhere 2nd cover.How about walking dead #111 and #112 ,by the way?

If you are talking speculation at cover then unless it's a low print variant I can't see TWD being worthwhile. As something to read and collect it's great but the speculation on it has left the building and the fat lady has sung several songs since #95.

For shizzle

@gradejunky,

For shizzle

I sold a bunch of issues from #97-107 at $5 - $8 apiece at the Calgary Expo this spring even though most were still on the racks at the local stores. Same with Governor Special #1s ($12 apiece on the first 3 or 4 and $15 for my last copy), Walking Dead Magazine #1s ($25 apiece) and the two copies of WD #108 that wer just out that week (or the week before) that I put on the table at $20 apiece. One of the other boardies I shared space with moved WD issues like crazy as well at inflated prices. Buy them, hold them and flip them for $5+ apiece at shows in a couple of months.

I don't doubt that... I have had zero experience selling anywhere but online sharing the same space with every other person that is trying to do the same thing though :)