• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Modern Speculation Thread
5 5

633 posts in this topic

I read about that toolbag in Canada.....insta-block!!!

I'm sure slabs get destroyed as well, but it takes a bit more impact and injury to accomplish that....it is a slab after all.

In all honesty: there are raws that are packaged so well that I'm afraid of damaging them while unpacking. They're layered in so much bubble wrap and tape that it takes a bomb squad and a surgeon to unearth it.

I've caught myself cursing at the parcel at times...ROFL! Well, I guess that's better than the polar opposite.....the comic hastily thrown into a manilla envelope with "do not bend" written on the package... lol

Do you recall his name?

No, don't remember it right now. I do believe I recall Jimmi Linguini replying about it somewhere in the forums (not that he dealt with that character, but as a Canadian he usually chimes in). You may have to sift thru his posts to find the thread it was in.

Wasn't me!

I read about that toolbag in Canada.....insta-block!!!

I'm sure slabs get destroyed as well, but it takes a bit more impact and injury to accomplish that....it is a slab after all.

In all honesty: there are raws that are packaged so well that I'm afraid of damaging them while unpacking. They're layered in so much bubble wrap and tape that it takes a bomb squad and a surgeon to unearth it.

I've caught myself cursing at the parcel at times...ROFL! Well, I guess that's better than the polar opposite.....the comic hastily thrown into a manilla envelope with "do not bend" written on the package... lol

Do you recall his name?

his name is guerrierhabs

http://www.ebay.com/sch/guerrierhabs/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Look at his feedback left for others or read about him in the general forum.

He buys slabs and finds something wrong with them, and then wants some form of compensation in return.

Meanwhile, if you look at his listings, he points out that he doesn't take returns on CGC graded books. Oh the hypocrisy.

This is written at the beginning of every listing he makes:

FRAUDULENT EBAYERS WILL BE REPORTED TO EBAY AS WELL AS PAYPAL AND THE AUTHORITIES OF MY CITY AND THE BUYER'S CITY. EVEN FOR 20$ I WILL TAKE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST ANYONE, IN THE CANADA OR U.S. AS I ONLY SHIP TO NORTH-AMERICA. I TAKE PICTURES OF THE ITEM BEFORE AND DURING THE PACKAGING AND I KEEP THE PICTURES TO MYSELF IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG. I ALWAYS SHIP WITH INSURANCE AND TRACKING SO EVERYONE KNOWS WHERE THE PACKAGE IS AT ALL TIMES. NO ONE HAS EVER GOTTEN AWAY WITH FRAUD ON ME. I KNOW EVERY TRICK IN THE BOOK. 1ST TIME EBAYERS AND THE ONES WITH LESS THAN 10 TRANSACTIONS NEED TO CONTACT ME BEFORE BIDDING OR I WILL CANCEL THEIR BID. I DO NOT SHIP OUTSIDE OF NORTH AMERICA. I DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS ON CGC ITEMS SINCE THEY ARE GUARANTEED BY CGC. PERIOD.

who would want to deal with this clown?

Okay, but CGC doesn't guarantee that they won't get lost or damaged when someone ships them.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I do see the option, it asks me to leave the feedback

pos neutral or negative...

I do not leave feedback until they do so first though...I'm bend over backwards to satisfy them, and I'm still at 100%. From exception shipping skills to complete wimpiness on customer service ( to a point ) ....but I think that not leaving feedback until the end seems to be an added incentive?

It might be true that this guy did not like your shipping, thought you owed him a discount due to that...sometimes paying the cost of shipping it back doesn't make financial sense...

He could have also sent you an email implying that he'd leave negative feedback...

'I'm just not happy with this transaction. I feel you failed to ship properly and I don't want to be out the shipping costs back'

negative. i ship to canada at cost. i print label cost on shipping label to prove i dont take advantage of canadian customers. if they overpay, i refund the amount when i print the labels. i also refund shipping back to me so its not that either. he is a scam artist, no if, ands, or buts about it. block him everyone. and you, as a seller, can not leave negative feedback.

(worship)

I'm thinking the Superman Unchained #1 Director's Cut could be good down the road(speculating). #1 was printed heavily, but this version probably not nearly as high. Couple that with the $5.99 price tag which alienates many buyers and it could have legs later on.

Also saw this Afterlife with Archie on DCBS. I know Archie has a huge following, but most new Archie stuff does nothing on the secondary market. This book might have some crossover appeal with other types of collector's though. (shrug)

Archie

Also saw this Afterlife with Archie on DCBS. I know Archie has a huge following, but most new Archie stuff does nothing on the secondary market. This book might have some crossover appeal with other types of collector's though. (shrug)

Archie

I ordered a few of these.

Cool motion comic! If they're gonna go that far with an ad for a comic...why not just roll out the fully monty and do an animated thing?

I could care less about Archie the comic, but I'd love to see a Jughead zombie chewing up asses all over Riverdale!

Archie

I ordered a few of these.

I ordered a few also. I haven't picked up Archie in years until my daughter asked for the Glee crossover. Then I saw this and I thought Dawn of the Dead in Riverdale. Match made in hea...

is this the same guy who used to buy tons of slabbed ASM 300s before the movie hype made them explode? he tried to hit me up for a cracked case, which i know wasn't there, and then i contacted some others he had bought from and he was claiming the same nonsense and I figured it was just a scam to get $10-$15 back, so I told him he was free to send it back and I'd pay for shipping...never heard back from him. this was $99.99 for a 9.4..I wasn't thrilled with the price anyway.

Cool motion comic! If they're gonna go that far with an ad for a comic...why not just roll out the fully monty and do an animated thing?

I could care less about Archie the comic, but I'd love to see a Jughead zombie chewing up asses all over Riverdale!

Ordered this, plus the Jugghead Zombie variant.

is this the same guy who used to buy tons of slabbed ASM 300s before the movie hype made them explode? he tried to hit me up for a cracked case, which i know wasn't there, and then i contacted some others he had bought from and he was claiming the same nonsense and I figured it was just a scam to get $10-$15 back, so I told him he was free to send it back and I'd pay for shipping...never heard back from him. this was $99.99 for a 9.4..I wasn't thrilled with the price anyway.

This can week out the scammers sometimes. To get an official refund for damaged goods, the buyer has to ship the original, damaged goods back, at their cost.

hey guys can someone help me out...

I was looking in my last of us #3 before I sent it off...and noticed it was a 2nd print...

Someone had said that darkhorse was canceling thier 2nd printings of 2 and 3...

I checked ebay and no one is selling a second printing...

http://comicbookrealm.com/series/33112/0/dark-horse-the-last-of-us-american-dreams

does not list a 2nd printing...

Do I have something rare here, or something as common as uhm...injustice reprints...

I just bought a The Last of Us #2 2nd print this past Wednesday myself.

It clearly states 2nd print inside indicia, and also the UPC ends in 2. Voila, 2nd print. :acclaim:

Edited by gradejunky

I just bought a The Last of Us #2 2nd print this past Wednesday myself.

It clearly states 2nd print inside indicia, and also the UPC ends in 2. Voila, 2nd print. :acclaim:

Looks like Dark Horse must have changed their stance on reprinting the series. They put out the second print number 1 and then pulled their 2nd print number 2 and third print number 1. It had been going around that they did this to promote the Tpb as opposed to doing more reprints. I could not find a listing for a second print on Mile High or Lone Star.

Edited by Kaboom