• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hurricane Sandy

245 posts in this topic

For anyone that IS in Manhattan right now on the lower East side, according to their facebook page, Katz Delicatessen is still open and is making deliveries.

According to my friend, most of the bars are open in Williamsburg and Greenpoint as usual. The hipsters forgot to turn on the TV and have no idea what is going on.

Easiest drive to work today, went in for 2 hours and was told to go home. Hurricane Sandy makes Christmas seem like a work day, everything is closed, all train stations boarded and sand bagged.

Does anyone in NYC know if street sweeping is suspended on tuesday?

To make a long story short - I'm in queens, my car's in brooklyn and public transit is suspended, leaving me no way to get to my car and move it if I need to. And I didn't want to assume that it's cancelled tomorrow just because it is today.

I hope your car is okay man and avoids anything like this from the Cooper Village area pic from the last 30 minutes.

A6aQROtCYAA0Gv9.jpg

To make a long story short - I'm in queens, my car's in brooklyn and public transit is suspended, leaving me no way to get to my car and move it if I need to. And I didn't want to assume that it's cancelled tomorrow just because it is today.

From the NYC DOT site:

Alternate Side Parking (street cleaning) rules and parking meter rules are suspended citywide Monday, October 29 and Tuesday, October 30 due to weather conditions.

Thank you!!

I hope your car is okay man and avoids anything like this from the Cooper Village area pic from the last 30 minutes.

A6aQROtCYAA0Gv9.jpg

Woah!! Me too dude!

It's parked near sunset park in brooklyn so I think I'm okay?

A6aQROtCYAA0Gv9.jpg

Where is this pic from? Peter Cooper Village?

Kitty Hawk was even worse. Two of my sisters live near the water and one of them had 3 feet of water in the house from Isabell. They lived in a FEMA trailer for over a year. Insurance rebuilt it on a new foundation that is almost as big as the house. Her neighbor 2 doors down decided to go macho and his family ended up having to climb into the attic to survive. Mother Nature is NO joke. They say the election will come down to the female vote.....maybe Sandy's casting hers now.....GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u