• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hurricane Sandy

245 posts in this topic

Last night Brooklyn was under water, our power is still out. I lived here all my Life and never seen anything like this, we had small cars floating away along west 5th street & Neptune ave. if anyone knows Coney Island, this was all by the new York aquarium. So far we have everything we need. As far as orders go, everyone will have to wait until all the roads open up and the power goes back on. Hope everyone is safe and dry.

Charles

Lost power last night. Awoke early this morning to find three boxes of comics exposed to water. Managed to save all of the comics by unloading them before the water could soak through the boxes. Also saved a couple stacks of new comics from a table that was also getting wet.

Turns out most of the shingles were ripped off of the roof. Minor miracle that no comics were harmed

Lost power last night. Awoke early this morning to find three boxes of comics exposed to water. Managed to save all of the comics by unloading them before the water could soak through the boxes. Also saved a couple stacks of new comics from a table that was also getting wet.

Turns out most of the shingles were ripped off of the roof. Minor miracle that no comics were harmed

I wonder what it says about my priorities when, as reading about the horrible conditions created by Hurricane Sandy, all I keep thinking about is "gee, I hope no ones comics are getting ruined". :facepalm:

My power is back on and I have school/work again tomorrow.

I once had my basement flood with me in the middle of reorganizing my comics. Amazingly the books laying in stacks on the floor were all totally fine. Bagging and boarding comics does pay off occasionally I guess!

Sorry about your roof- luck on the comics being fine though.

Power just went out in West Chelsea, apparently, along the Hudson River in the area of the Javits Center

Sitting by candlelight in the Village. At least 3G on the iPad is working.

Hope you're OK today my friend.

I still can't believe Little Ferry went under water. The town was near a river but i never thought there could be that much damage from it.

The worst part is that phones are having difficulty working, so many times the only way to get any information is the radio.

My power is back on and I have school/work again tomorrow.

I once had my basement flood with me in the middle of reorganizing my comics. Amazingly the books laying in stacks on the floor were all totally fine. Bagging and boarding comics does pay off occasionally I guess!

Sorry about your roof- luck on the comics being fine though.

Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

Landlord put a tarp over the roof yesterday which stopped the water from coming in.

Power came back on about 24 hours after it went off.

Now I just need to buy some comic boxes and everything is back to normal.

I guess. I can't even crack jokes , everything out here is so messed up.

I can see the Jersey Shore crew capitalizing on this one.

Jersey City here...it's a mess. Lots of flooding, power has been down since the major part of the storm hit and if you didn't have supplies and gas before, you won't have any now. Gas is impossible to find right now, stores are ransacked and looting has begun. I'm laying low and keeping the family in the house. People get desperate when food is scarce. Mental note, buy a generator and keep some gas stored for times like these. Anyway, just checking in. I'm about to power down the IPad again, charging stuff is now down to using the car.

Jersey City here...it's a mess. Lots of flooding, power has been down since the major part of the storm hit and if you didn't have supplies and gas before, you won't have any now. Gas is impossible to find right now, stores are ransacked and looting has begun. I'm laying low and keeping the family in the house. People get desperate when food is scarce. Mental note, buy a generator and keep some gas stored for times like these. Anyway, just checking in. I'm about to power down the IPad again, charging stuff is now down to using the car.
Be safe. :wishluck: